Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Haye v Fury

+14
kennster
Mr Magoo
Culcheth_White
Triumph
Michael Bolton
Norpig
wanderlust
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Reebok Trotter
scottjames30
Bernard Dennis Park
Angry Dad
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

61Haye v Fury - Page 4 Empty Re: Haye v Fury Mon Jul 22 2013, 08:24

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

So do I Haye may spend the first round  keeping away and feeling fury out and making him flounder around with wild shots and then when he,s got his measure and timing worked out he will go for the kill. Remember he kept away from fraudley for the first round mindful of his big punch which surprised me big time as fraudley is a joke and can be taken out quick by a ballerina with flu. It's two big guy's anything can happen and just might and I know fury is a huge man but I think he is way out of his class here the only way I see him winning is a lucky shot but is Haye that stupid? Who out of the two is the more savvy? Come on fight night.

62Haye v Fury - Page 4 Empty Re: Haye v Fury Mon Jul 22 2013, 09:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Like many, I'd like to see Fury eat his words and would expect Haye to win, but these are two heavyweights and anything could happen. I remember watching the final of an American inter-city tournament (Ray Leonard's Golden Gloves) in the early 80s - seven weights, tied at 3 -3 going into the final (heavyweight) bout. Philadelphian h/w had won every bout getting to the finals, and the big galoot from Alabama (Brum?) had lost every bout. Sugar Ray confidently said "if this goes beyond one round I'll eat my hat". First round and the galoot picks up an uppercut from somewhere near the floor - telegraphed and everyone could see it coming - apart from the Philly h/w who was caught square on the chin and lifted a foot off the canvas - KO.
Sugar Ray squirmed his way out of eating his hat by saying he'd correctly predicted a first round KO - even though the world and his dog knew he meant it would go the other way.

63Haye v Fury - Page 4 Empty Re: Haye v Fury Mon Jul 22 2013, 10:33

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:Apparently the sunnyglade retirement home are not to happy about the measly amount of money the fury camp are paying their residents to spar with him.

:rofl: 

64Haye v Fury - Page 4 Empty Re: Haye v Fury Mon Jul 22 2013, 10:50

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I like the way Haye is behaving and letting fury do all the trash talk, he's talking sensibly and behaving himself, its like he knows he can do the job in style, its worlds away from his crap with chisora and the klit.

65Haye v Fury - Page 4 Empty Re: Haye v Fury Mon Jul 22 2013, 10:53

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I was listening to fury last night and his voice is an indicator for me.

66Haye v Fury - Page 4 Empty Re: Haye v Fury Mon Jul 22 2013, 11:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

when do tickets go on sale? I haven't been to a big boxing night and fancy this one.

67Haye v Fury - Page 4 Empty Re: Haye v Fury Mon Jul 22 2013, 11:59

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Norpig wrote:when do tickets go on sale? I haven't been to a big boxing night and fancy this one.

on sale now from £70 think i will watch it on sky

68Haye v Fury - Page 4 Empty Re: Haye v Fury Mon Jul 22 2013, 13:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

just had a look, looks like its practically sold out unless i want to spend hundreds on a ticket, think i'll give it a miss. I bet its on pay per view on Sky as well.

69Haye v Fury - Page 4 Empty Re: Haye v Fury Mon Jul 22 2013, 14:12

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fury is contracted to Channel 5 so it might just be on terrestrial TV.

70Haye v Fury - Page 4 Empty Re: Haye v Fury Mon Jul 22 2013, 16:29

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:Fury is contracted to Channel 5 so it might just be on terrestrial TV.

No, its Box office, £15 quid.

I want to see Groves v Froch, that'll be good.

71Haye v Fury - Page 4 Empty Re: Haye v Fury Mon Jul 22 2013, 17:37

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I see some of you are into your boxing a lot. Myself and some of my crew are more into UFC. 
Did anyone read the story that Tyson Fury said he would smash Cain Velasquez the heavy weight UFC champion in a straight boxing fight and would be up for fighting him?
I personally think Velasquez would turn him into a pulp. Velasquez is rock hard, Tyson Fury looks a soft lad to me. Any thoughts?

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/5/8/4310026/tyson-fury-accepts-dana-white-cain-velasquez-ufc-challenge-money-mma

72Haye v Fury - Page 4 Empty Re: Haye v Fury Mon Jul 22 2013, 18:46

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It would be an embarrassing mismatch. Fury hasn't got the tools to live in the Octagon. I don't even think he would survive 5 minutes in a K1 bout which only features punching and kicking.

73Haye v Fury - Page 4 Empty Re: Haye v Fury Wed Jul 24 2013, 16:46

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I was reading an article in a boxing mag on the upcoming bout and they compared the two fighters and apart from fury being bigger haye comes out top in everything, experience-power-harder puncher-one punch knockout power-stamina-movement-chin resistance-fast powerful accurate combinations-much faster brain-can punch from all angles- balance.They reckon its much to early for fury to take on a guy like haye. What does fury have to do to win? they reckon lean on haye wrap his arms round him and fight dirty, dont get into a slugging match with haye or there will only be one winner, that dont sound much of a plan to me.They say haye wont let him do any of that and is going to fight on the outside coming in with fast combinations and keep fury off balance and punch from all angles.On the basis of that write up does fury stand a fucking hope in hell??? They said in his favor is an insane belief in himself and basically he's a bit simple.  How do you see fury realistically winning? a lucky punch? an early onslaught? I look at the two of them together and haye looks powerful fury looks big but soft, his head is big in size and he looks scary enough but i still reckon he's going inside three after a boxing lesson.

74Haye v Fury - Page 4 Empty Re: Haye v Fury Wed Jul 24 2013, 17:24

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't see Fury making round three tbh.

75Haye v Fury - Page 4 Empty Re: Haye v Fury Wed Jul 31 2013, 22:10

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Called in at a bookies while walking round tooting today and the odds on the fight are Haye 2/7 and Fury 11/4 making Haye a big favorite

76Haye v Fury - Page 4 Empty Re: Haye v Fury Thu Aug 01 2013, 08:08

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Obviously haye is the favourite , he's the old sweat, and ex world champion.

77Haye v Fury - Page 4 Empty Re: Haye v Fury Thu Aug 01 2013, 09:29

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Boxing must be at an all time low if these to no marks make the news.

78Haye v Fury - Page 4 Empty Re: Haye v Fury Sat Aug 10 2013, 19:05

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is this an act AD ? like I don't give a fuck, i'm only in it for the money , and I don't care about boxing ?

Surly its only an act with a big fight around the corner, what to you read into this Angry ?

Is it me or is he playing mind games ?

https://youtu.be/RLWQP43dBp4

79Haye v Fury - Page 4 Empty Re: Haye v Fury Sun Aug 11 2013, 09:14

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

scottjames30 wrote:Is this an act AD ? like I don't give a fuck, i'm only in it for the money , and I don't care about boxing ?

Surly its only an act with a big fight around the corner, what to you read into this Angry ?

Is it me or is he playing mind games ?

https://youtu.be/RLWQP43dBp4
Confusing this scott, could be an act to lull Haye into believing he is in for an easy night, but i really do think he looks soft physically you are an ex army guy does he look hard to you right now? i know mike tyson was a soft talker but he looked hard, this guy doesn,t, i'd take a stab and say he took the fight much to early for the money knowing he is in trouble come fight night, Haye is treating it as a joke he's not at all wound up and looks fucking fit and hard, the part about not liking training would worry me as a fury fan, dont put too much on him, i cant work him out, either he will come to fight or he will try to avoid Hayes bombs and hope to land one, i really do think its a blow out for Haye anytime he decides, but scott fury could shock us all who knows? Cant  wait!!!!

80Haye v Fury - Page 4 Empty Re: Haye v Fury Sun Aug 11 2013, 11:54

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I saw him talking the other day about how he's put a stone on in weight , with doing power lifts, he says he's the strongest he's ever been.

But to me he looks like he's lost weight with all the sparing, you can get stronger and lose weight but I think he'll come in lighter than what he's making out.

Peter Fury will have a game plan , but fuck knows what's going to happen, it will be very exciting .

The weigh in will be interesting to see what they come in at.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum