Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton sign young striker Wilkinson

+8
Norpig
Lbj
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok_Rebel
aaron_bwfc
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought Wilkinson was signed weeks ago. Club announced it a while back - same time as White. This has got nothing to do with Beckford or anyone else.

Didn't you read the thread about this? Or the numerous other threads that have mentioned Wilkinson since?

Lbj

Lbj
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:I assume he was cheap.

Forget about Beckford now. We will get the 'We will not be held to Ransom' crap from them within the next 48 hours, Just before he signs for fucking Wigan or some other club that actually WANTS to achieve promotion...

This was our 3rd 'Big signing' wasn't it? every fucker (Even the BEN) thought it was Beckford but it wasn't... you gullible fools.

One day our beloved club will tease us too far and fuck the fans over one too many times...

Embarrassing.

Who said anything about big signings? All I read was 5 signings, Beckford will be confirmed soon stop panicking. 

Are you really that excited for Jermaine Beckford that you're this wound up?! Relax.

Obviously don't know much about Wilkinson but Milwall fans aren't pleased so hopefully he's a decent prospect. Good to see us inlay putting some emphasis on the youth teams.

in a nutshell.

ive been a Bolton fan long enough to know that if a player with any half -decent level of experience or reputation is linked... it usually becomes rat piss after a few weeks.

I can see the same happening with Beckford

Your hatred for Bolton Wanderers suggests you should probably find a different club to support...

This deal has been done for a month you cretin, but could only be announced today when his contract expired. If you actually followed the club, youd know he was signed at the same time as Hayden White.

Dick.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:What are RR and nat going to say when beckford signs by the end of the week..

You poor naive wanker.

First he was signing on the 1st. Then it was today. Now it's the end of the week.

It's not going to happen. I'm regretting spending 75p per letter on BECKFORD for my shirt.

You could save £3.73 by having C & A on your knickers. It would help remind you not to put them on back to front.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

RR - very pessimistic view even for you, i've been happy with all the signings so far and when we get Beckford we have the makings of a better squad than last seasons.

Beckford is having a medical today.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nixon had said that blackburna financial situation is terrible. They can't even afford kilgallons wages on a free transfer and the only player that they can get rid of is Rhodes.

I'm quietly confident of dougie persuading him to join us.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Nixon had said that blackburna financial situation is terrible. They can't even afford kilgallons wages on a free transfer and the only player that they can get rid of is Rhodes.

I'm quietly confident of dougie persuading him to join us.

Is that something Nixon said today? I.e. is he still thinking we have a chance?

It would be so sweet. Hard to believe though as the Venky's are apparently gazillionaires. Still, after the treatment they've had from the Rovers fans, they may have decided not to throw any more dosh at the problem.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lbj wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:I assume he was cheap.

Forget about Beckford now. We will get the 'We will not be held to Ransom' crap from them within the next 48 hours, Just before he signs for fucking Wigan or some other club that actually WANTS to achieve promotion...

This was our 3rd 'Big signing' wasn't it? every fucker (Even the BEN) thought it was Beckford but it wasn't... you gullible fools.

One day our beloved club will tease us too far and fuck the fans over one too many times...

Embarrassing.

Who said anything about big signings? All I read was 5 signings, Beckford will be confirmed soon stop panicking. 

Are you really that excited for Jermaine Beckford that you're this wound up?! Relax.

Obviously don't know much about Wilkinson but Milwall fans aren't pleased so hopefully he's a decent prospect. Good to see us inlay putting some emphasis on the youth teams.

in a nutshell.

ive been a Bolton fan long enough to know that if a player with any half -decent level of experience or reputation is linked... it usually becomes rat piss after a few weeks.

I can see the same happening with Beckford

Your hatred for Bolton Wanderers suggests you should probably find a different club to support...

This deal has been done for a month you cretin, but could only be announced today when his contract expired. If you actually followed the club, youd know he was signed at the same time as Hayden White.

Dick.

I'm probably a bigger fan than most on this forum.

The players mentioned above (anelka, JJ etc) were players from the Big Sam era, when we could attract 'big' names. now we are unable to, unless the transfer saga goes on for weeks and we beg and beg the player to come, then spend a further few weeks trying to shave the tiniest of amounts off the price of the fee and wages...

At least half of the players we could sign lose their rag at this stage and fuck us off allowing another club to sign them within a few days.

Yes, beckford does not exactly make me giggle with excitement, but he is the best of a bad bunch, I accept my club will point blank refuse to invest any significant amount to bring in a player (or players) that would almost guarantee us promotion next season, so we have to simply hope. watch - wigan will spend a few quid this season on some decent players and I wouldn't be surprised if the tin-pot wankers overtook us.

The club go on about having to get back to the Prem, yet I know they will refuse to spend almost anything doing it, and before anyone mentions the Beckford will cost 1 Million - even by championship standards, that's peanuts!

At least the club (genuinely) trying for somebody like Jordan Rhodes would excite me and show me they have some ambition.

Let me present a hypothetical situation to you all as fans...

We have the same level of debt - non of the financial aspects change, but we manage to scrape together 10/15 million quid (either by raising the debt level or not) for DF to spend, he attempts to sign (and does sign) Jordan Rhodes and 2 or 3 other 'quality' players...and wins the league with them, we then go up in to the premiership with a squad that can compete. A squad that will keep us up and we can enjoy the disgusting amount of money that the premiership provides us with.

Or...

We carry on trying not to spend anything, sign loads of children 'for the future' (who usually end up getting released after a year or 2 anyway) sign a few 'alright' players on frees and minimal fees and finish 7th - one point away from a play off spot and spend a 3rd year in the championship.

If we refuse to speculate we will never accumulate.

get in 10/15 million quids worth of extra debt now and enjoy the riches of the premiership again... or carry on scraping for scraps with the paupers in the championship. what would you prefer?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

OneFinFreedman wrote:Beckford is having a medical today.

I want a 100% true, beyond ANY doubt link to this nugget of information please...

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You mean the Leeds and Pompey method?

I think i prefer the way it is now.

Lbj

Lbj
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Reebok_Rebel wrote:I'm probably a bigger fan than most on this forum.

The players mentioned above (anelka, JJ etc) were players from the Big Sam era, when we could attract 'big' names. now we are unable to, unless the transfer saga goes on for weeks and we beg and beg the player to come, then spend a further few weeks trying to shave the tiniest of amounts off the price of the fee and wages...

At least half of the players we could sign lose their rag at this stage and fuck us off allowing another club to sign them within a few days.

Yes, beckford does not exactly make me giggle with excitement,  but he is the best of a bad bunch, I accept my club will point blank refuse to invest any significant amount to bring in a player (or players) that would almost guarantee us promotion next season, so we have to simply hope.  watch - wigan will spend a few quid this season on some decent players and I wouldn't be surprised if the tin-pot wankers overtook us.

The club go on about having to get back to the Prem, yet I know they will refuse to spend almost anything doing it, and before anyone mentions the Beckford will cost 1 Million - even by championship standards, that's peanuts!

At least the club (genuinely) trying for somebody like Jordan Rhodes would excite me and show me they have some ambition.

We have the same level of debt - non of the financial aspects change, but we manage to scrape together 10/15 million quid (either by raising the debt level or not) for DF to spend, he attempts to sign (and does sign) Jordan Rhodes and 2 or 3 other 'quality' players...and wins the league with them, we then go up in to the premiership with a squad that can compete. A squad that will keep us up and we can enjoy the disgusting amount of money that the premiership provides us with.

Or...

We carry on trying not to spend anything, sign loads of children 'for the future' (who usually end up getting released after a year or 2 anyway) sign a few 'alright' players on frees and minimal fees and finish 7th - one point away from a play off spot and spend a 3rd year in the championship.

get in 10/15 million quids worth of extra debt now and enjoy the riches of the premiership again... or carry on scraping for scraps with the paupers in the championship. what would you prefer?

If youre a "bigger fan than most" back your team, instead of whining like a baby because some journo said something you were unhappy with.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"We are very close with Jermaine. He's someone I have worked with before, played with, and a proven goalscorer who I think will be very good for this football club.

"We are not quite there but I do have a gentleman's handshake on it, which goes a long way for me.

"It's just a couple of small bits and pieces that we need to tidy up."

Freedman.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Didn't expect the thread to get so negative, we've signed a young lad for the development squad who is a striker....how that can get on anyones nerves is beyond me.

Anyway welcome to the club Wilko! :good: 

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
OneFinFreedman wrote:Beckford is having a medical today.

I want a 100% true, beyond ANY doubt link to this nugget of information please...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:You mean the Leeds and Pompey method?

I think i prefer the way it is now.

you wouldn't give a shit either way TBH would you?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

“We are not quite there but I do have a gentleman's handshake on it, which goes a long way for me.

“It's just a couple of small bits and pieces that we need to tidy up.”

SO...

Translated in to 'real-talk' this means, "I like Beckford, he likes us and wants to sign, He has passed his medical and everybody is happy. Now I have to pass the gauntlet over to Mr Gartside who will attempt to shave as much as he can off Beckfords wages and annoy him and his agent to the point of were they are trying to do a runner and cut their losses before he is handed his contract"

He has agreed personal terms and passed a medical, anything about that you can turn into a massive rant about him not signing?

Reebok_Rebel wrote:I'm probably a bigger fan than most on this forum.

Yes, beckford does not exactly make me giggle with excitement,  but he is the best of a bad bunch, I accept my club will point blank refuse to invest any significant amount to bring in a player (or players) that would almost guarantee us promotion next season, so we have to simply hope.  watch - wigan will spend a few quid this season on some decent players and I wouldn't be surprised if the tin-pot wankers overtook us.

Or...

Unbelievable nonsense, I think your on a wind up because that is possibly the stupidest comment I've ever read.

You moan about the likes of Rivaldo not being signed, his wages were too high and we used to pay huge wages to our big names, do you really want the club to break the bank just so they sign a player you've heard of? That would be an extremely limited an expensive pool of talent to choose from.

You've invented that the club lose players by negotiating for weeks on end over wages etc, you have no idea what happens in these negotiations and are just using that as another excuse to rant and rave about nothing.

Your 'hypothetical' situation is bordering on childlike it's that ridiculous.£15 million to guarantee promotion? No chance, even if we brought Rhodes that guarantees nothing, look at Blackburn last year and QPR both chucked money and it achieved nothing. Not to mention our fucked finances, we came close last year we can do it again by spending wisely.

Beckford will be signed by the end of the week, at which point you should read your posts here and feel like a bit of a tit.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

After Megson's profligate spending, we had to cut our budget but I think that the Board will be looking to strike a balance and focus on two areas. Obviously we have to plan for the future and to that end Dougie got rid of a shedload of young players and has brought in a few that he thinks will make the grade - after all "home grown" players that come through are a bargain and there's no point in hanging on to those that won't cut it eventually. Secondly, where we do have to spend money, it's important to get value for money - and that includes estimated resale value. I think Dougie has been pretty shrewd so far in that department - Medo is beginning to look like a steal, and at a million Beckford would be good VFM - and because of that the Board seem willing to finance a bid to get Rhodes. I reckon that whilst Dougie continues to show that he won't waste money, the Board would be willing to put up the cash where needed.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This thread has been spoilt by people who still haven't figured out the quote system. Stop quoting every single post you bellends.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum