Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anyone worried yet?

+15
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
Hip Priest
observer
Culcheth_White
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
Boggersbelief
NickFazer
Angry Dad
scottjames30
JonnyRandom
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
ROGUEMANNY
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Anyone worried yet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone worried yet? Sun Jul 07 2013, 23:12

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Even at 1.5 mill Blackburn can't afford him, still think
He'll end up with us as Nixon has said he would prefer joining us

22Anyone worried yet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone worried yet? Mon Jul 08 2013, 07:51

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Apparently, Blackburn have agreed a £1.5 million fee for Spearing. Blackburn need to sell a player though to buy Spearing.

Maybe it's time Dougie put in his bid for Rhodes? Smile

23Anyone worried yet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone worried yet? Mon Jul 08 2013, 08:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Worried? Not yet.
The signings we've made so far are good, but they are all "bread and butter" squad players IMO, decent for a Championship battle.
But as our rivals also continue to buy decent players - and the occasional premiership quality player - it's becoming clearer that the standard is likely to be higher next season than it was last, so standing still is not an option unless we don't actually have a transfer budget.
We don't seem to be selling the dross either. Ricketts has gone, but he was a good all-rounder, however what about Mears and Andrews? Do they figure in Dougie's plans?
A top quality signing would ease my worries but that may not be enough as we were spoiled with Dawson and Spearing on loan last season and it would take a lot just to replace them, let alone improve on last season.

Also with only 3 weeks left until the season gets started, new players signed now won't have a great deal of time to settle into the team - and with our fixture list we have to start winning from the off.

24Anyone worried yet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone worried yet? Mon Jul 08 2013, 08:49

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:Dawson was like Cahill. Good...far from irreplaceable. I'm surprised how many people are convinced he's a must have. If Wheater's fit, he's just as capable of doing a job.

your correct, wheaters goal scoring record is amazing, we dont need Dawson when wheater will be bagging goals for fun...

25Anyone worried yet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone worried yet? Mon Jul 08 2013, 09:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
doffcocker wrote:Dawson was like Cahill. Good...far from irreplaceable. I'm surprised how many people are convinced he's a must have. If Wheater's fit, he's just as capable of doing a job.

your correct, wheaters goal scoring record is amazing, we dont need Dawson when wheater will be bagging goals for fun...

Wheater has scored 14 in 198 games. Dawson scored 4 in 14 games for us and overall has a much higher scoring record but difficult to compare as many of Dawsons goals were for Radcliffe Borough and Rochdale (24 in 137), Still Dawson has a much better ratio at this level, but I hope Wheater will up his game.

26Anyone worried yet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone worried yet? Mon Jul 08 2013, 11:04

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Id guess Doffcocker meant Wheater could replace him defensively, rather than bag the odd goal. I may be wrong but I'd say that's the priority for our defenders.

27Anyone worried yet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone worried yet? Wed Aug 28 2013, 17:57

ROGUEMANNY

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Ok people I originally posted this on July 6th and now I ask the same question

WHO IS WORRIED NOW????

28Anyone worried yet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone worried yet? Wed Aug 28 2013, 18:08

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Anyone would be lying if they said they were not a bit worried but I honestly have faith in the gaffer to come good, start with a point or a win on saturday and we have some winnable games next month to get us going again.

:COYW: 

29Anyone worried yet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone worried yet? Wed Aug 28 2013, 18:12

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I was confident in terms of the squad, quality as well as fitness. My only concern was the team selections. It took Dougie a while to start getting it right last season, i.e. letting go of the negative, complex formations in favour of a straightforward, balanced 4-4-2, and the same is happening this season, as feared.

All hope is far from lost though.

30Anyone worried yet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone worried yet? Wed Aug 28 2013, 19:56

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need three quality players, i'm worried we won't get them.

31Anyone worried yet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone worried yet? Thu Aug 29 2013, 11:41

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The expression used above "winnable games" is a concern in itself.

This is BWFC two seasons removed from the Prem ....... is the presumption that we only have hope of winning games against poor opposition?  shouldn't we expect to win against QPR and Forest?  What's the point of it all if all we can look forward to a win over Yeovil .....   that's my opinion anyhow.

32Anyone worried yet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone worried yet? Thu Aug 29 2013, 14:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lose on Saturday and we'll be in the bottom 3 and a laughing stock.

Defeat at Ewood will at least bring a lot of "fence sitters" into the "Dougie Out" camp and the pressure on the manager and board will grow.

Perform poorly in the two home games after that and I suspect Dougie will be looking for work.

33Anyone worried yet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone worried yet? Thu Aug 29 2013, 14:53

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Dougie is third favourite to get sacked in the Championship.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

34Anyone worried yet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone worried yet? Thu Aug 29 2013, 22:08

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I've got a horrible feeling that we will get 4 points from our next 4 games. He will be favourite by November. Gartside should step down if the next 2 months turn out how I think they might.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum