Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Home security?

+9
Angry Dad
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Michael Bolton
ROGUEMANNY
Tigermin
mark leach
scottjames30
Culcheth_White
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Home security? - Page 2 Empty Re: Home security? Sat Jul 13 2013, 22:57

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:Tony Martin had the right idea. After umpteen burglaries and with no help from the police, he booby trapped the ground floor of his crib and removed part of his staircase. He took both burglars out by shooting the pair of them up the arse with his shotgun as they were fleeing. One died and one escaped with the his arse in tatters.

His ' self defence '  claim was one of the biggest piles of shite in legal history but at least it sent out a message to the low lifes.

Tony Martin fuckin Legend.

22Home security? - Page 2 Empty Re: Home security? Sat Jul 13 2013, 23:11

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He certainly has a number of followers, but I think he blotted his copybook when he described the tragic events of that evening in Norfolk as a legendary night. I think he was taking the piss tbh.

Home security? - Page 2 2i9ry1g

23Home security? - Page 2 Empty Re: Home security? Sat Jul 13 2013, 23:14

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Angry Dad wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:Tony Martin had the right idea. After umpteen burglaries and with no help from the police, he booby trapped the ground floor of his crib and removed part of his staircase. He took both burglars out by shooting the pair of them up the arse with his shotgun as they were fleeing. One died and one escaped with his arse in tatters.

His ' self defence '  claim was one of the biggest piles of shite in legal history but at least it sent out a message to the low lifes.

Tony Martin fuckin Legend.

Totally agree. He should never have gone to jail for that. The law is just wrong there. If people had the right to shoot anyone who comes into their property it would probably stop all burglaries.

24Home security? - Page 2 Empty Re: Home security? Sat Jul 13 2013, 23:18

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:

If people had the right to shoot anyone who comes into their property it would probably stop all burglaries.

It would also dispense with the services of milkmen, window cleaners, postmen and meter readers as well. Wink 

25Home security? - Page 2 Empty Re: Home security? Sun Jul 14 2013, 00:54

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Michael Bolton wrote:Culceth, are you a bit worried by the thought of burglars? I personally never think about it. Luckily for me I know that I am a bit tasty in a fight. 
I always remember my best mate showing me the assortment of weapons his dad had by his bed in case of burglars. He had a truncheon, a 5 iron, a cricket bat, air pistol and a hammer.
I'm kind of concerned, my next door neighbour, who is in his late 70's, he got broken in to at tea time on a Sunday afternoon recently.

I like to watch crimewatch on tv with the family and I don't think that helps my insecurity of my house security.

I've been looking for pepper spray, ball bearing guns and taser guns online, but my mate told me to just go and buy a baseball bat from Argos.

26Home security? - Page 2 Empty Re: Home security? Sun Jul 14 2013, 01:01

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Well that makes sense. I remember about 10 years back 2 houses in my street got burgled and it does make you worry. But nowadays with double glazing and strong doors I think it would be pretty hard for someone to break in. 

Yes Crimewatch is more scary than any horror movie!

27Home security? - Page 2 Empty Re: Home security? Sun Jul 14 2013, 01:18

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Michael Bolton wrote:Well that makes sense. I remember about 10 years back 2 houses in my street got burgled and it does make you worry. But nowadays with double glazing and strong doors I think it would be pretty hard for someone to break in. 

Yes Crimewatch is more scary than any horror movie!

I'm afraid, double glazing makes fook all difference these days, the elderly bloke who lives next door, he was fully double glazed, but the wankers just chucked a heavy paving stone right through the glass. The same thing happened at my Mother in laws as well.

28Home security? - Page 2 Empty Re: Home security? Sun Jul 14 2013, 09:22

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:

I'm afraid, double glazing makes fook all difference these days, the elderly bloke who lives next door, he was fully double glazed, but the wankers just chucked a heavy paving stone right through the glass. The same thing happened at my Mother in laws as well.

If you can afford it, have your glass windows replaced with laminated glass. It's the dogs bollocks. Most UPVC units have toughened glass but laminated glass really is a bastard to get through.

Another good tip is to have a CCTV camera mounted on the side of your house aimed towards your driveway. It doesn't even need to be real but because it can be seen from the road it acts as a deterrent just by being visible.

29Home security? - Page 2 Empty Re: Home security? Sun Jul 14 2013, 10:52

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Culcheth_White wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote:Culceth, are you a bit worried by the thought of burglars? I personally never think about it. Luckily for me I know that I am a bit tasty in a fight. 
I always remember my best mate showing me the assortment of weapons his dad had by his bed in case of burglars. He had a truncheon, a 5 iron, a cricket bat, air pistol and a hammer.
I'm kind of concerned, my next door neighbour, who is in his late 70's, he got broken in to at tea time on a Sunday afternoon recently.

I like to watch crimewatch on tv with the family and I don't think that helps my insecurity of my house security.

I've been looking for pepper spray, ball bearing guns and taser guns online, but my mate told me to just go and buy a baseball bat from Argos.
I dont recomend baseball bats as they are heavy and clumsy and you probably wont have the room to swing one and they can be deflected easily plus if you have one in your house for that purpose and you kill someone they will say you bought it deliberately to use as a weapon, so get a ball with it if its what you want to use. Tasers are illegal but are easily available, you want the one that fits in your fist like a knuckle duster very effective then get rid of it fast. Your safest bet is a knife a normal house knife only, have them all over and hidden so your intruder does not get one. Stab him or them and dont worry about where or the result and shout crazy things very loudly at him it will cause confusion and it will be easier for you to get the point home, you wont get prosecuted. If it was me i would relocate the intruder away from my property and not bother the authorities.

30Home security? - Page 2 Empty Re: Home security? Sun Jul 14 2013, 11:19

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote: If it was me i would relocate the intruder away from my property and not bother the authorities.

Somewhere like a pig farm in Swadlincote would be ideal. Pigs will eat anything.

Be careful with possession of Tazers or Pepper Spray because they are prohibited weapons in the UK. Only the police and security services are authorised to carry them. In France, women can buy anti-rape spray over the counter to pop in their handbag but the UK authorities wont allow it. It is possible to order the stuff from abroad via the internet but I wouldn't advise it. If it gets intercepted by customs they will allow the package to be delivered and then arrest you once you have signed for it.

In Spain you can buy truncheons as mementos of your holiday and these are quite effective. Ceremonial knives and swords for ornamental purposes also make ideal weapons in shit or bust scenarios.

In the UK it is an offence to be in possession of any offensive weapon in a public place but it doesn't count if you have it in your house provided it isn't a prohibited weapon like CS Gas, Tazers or Pepper Spray.

One thing you should never do is adapt a weapon to make it more lethal i.e. hammering nails into a baseball bat etc etc.

Offensive weapons are anything that are made, intended or ADAPTED to cause injury so don't alter anything you plan to use on any toerag trespasser.

31Home security? - Page 2 Empty Re: Home security? Sun Jul 14 2013, 12:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nobody in my village even bothers locking their doors or cars. I was freaked out by that when I first moved to Norfolk.

32Home security? - Page 2 Empty Re: Home security? Sun Jul 14 2013, 12:56

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Nobody in my village even bothers locking their doors or cars.  

They have got Tony Martin to thank for that. Wink 

33Home security? - Page 2 Empty Re: Home security? Sun Jul 14 2013, 19:42

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I keep my crossman ratcatcher in my wardrobe. Its bloody powerful anyway, but looks at first glance like a small submachine gun, even has a lazer sight on it... All id have to do is point it at them and they would be off...

If not, they would be picking up 2.2' s out of their ass for the next month...

34Home security? - Page 2 Empty Re: Home security? Sun Jul 14 2013, 20:01

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Air rifles can be good deterrents. You don't need a licence to own them and 177's and 22's are quite powerful, especially when loaded with Prometheus pellets.

A crossbow is another handy piece of kit for disposing of vermin.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum