Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spend or this is the end

+10
Sluffy
bwfc71
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
kennster
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
Wolton Banderers
Copper Dragon
Born to be a wanderer
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Spend or this is the end - Page 2 Empty Re: Spend or this is the end Sun Aug 18 2013, 14:16

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I can understand all the comments but in all my years off watching Bolton and I'm not the manager or have the certificates and have never played at professional level.But tell me if I'm wrong how the fuck can Zat Knightmare be captain.78 seconds his mistimed pass to the forest player who then puts Mackie in 1-0 FFS you are not beckenbaur thinking you can play us out from the back.You see danger row z it.Its not the first time goal 1 and 2 at Peterborough down to his incompetent play.Then Freedman makes him captain.Id rather ha ve Mills and Wheater.At least Mills would try whatever people think off him.Wheater will improve with matches,it will take him up to ten to get back to his level in the Premiership.Remember Anelka didn't score for ten matches when he came to Bolton.Wheater was our best defender when Cahill left till his injury.Two wins v QPR and the in breds and all will seem right with the world.Need Eagles back next week as the midfield has no creation.Need Mark Davies back ASAP remember Hull we tanked em with him playing then he goes and does his cruciate next match v Peterborough and boy how we have missed him n eagles together.

22Spend or this is the end - Page 2 Empty Re: Spend or this is the end Sun Aug 18 2013, 14:36

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Spending is grand provided you buy good players ..... we still seem to buy other teams rejects and then sit them on the bench. Find some gems in other leagues not cast offs who can't get into their home team.
Long term I have said for years...sell the club to somebody with real money....Shak yer Booty or some Yanks with money to piss away.

23Spend or this is the end - Page 2 Empty Re: Spend or this is the end Sun Aug 18 2013, 15:03

terenceanne wrote:Spending is grand provided you buy good players ..... we still seem to buy other teams rejects and then sit them on the bench. Find some gems in other leagues not cast offs who can't get into their home team.
Long term I have said for years...sell the club to somebody with real money....Shak yer Booty or some Yanks with money to piss away.
Who wouldn't want a rich owner? You saying that for years doesn't make you some sort of visionary, it's obvious!

As for the rejects part, we're a championship club, how can't you understand that? Signing premier league clubs players who have championship pedigree; Moritz, Tierney, Spearing, is the way it is now, you need to get real if you think we can afford to poach other sides top stars, although that's what we did with Baptiste and Medo. You're living in a dreamland if you don't think Dougie's done a good job in the transfer window, he's doing the best he can and continuing to work at it.

24Spend or this is the end - Page 2 Empty Re: Spend or this is the end Sun Aug 18 2013, 17:19

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Beat QPR,Blackburn then September we have Leeds home Derby home Bournmouth away Yeovil home 14 points from them 6 matches would give us 16 from 9 win at rovers 18 from 9 back on track 2 points per game automatic promotion.Getting ahead of myself but we should win all our home matches.Medo's shot that hit the post if it had gone in 2-0 and then a unfortunate pen where Wheater was pushed.Roll on Saturday and eagles back.

25Spend or this is the end - Page 2 Empty Re: Spend or this is the end Sun Aug 18 2013, 18:13

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:
Born to be a wanderer wrote:The club is in need of financial injection only ED can sort that.
Davies wealth came from when he sold his 'kettle' business for which he received £93 million.

To this day nobody can tell me how he's managed to put £125 million into the club.

I'm convinced that Davies is not the sole owner of the club - maybe he is on paper but 'others' have money in the club.

Why anyone would want to continue to put millions into a business that clearly as failed defies any sort of legitimate business sense in my opinion.
Easy he uses revolving facilities which are a very rarity in the UK, hence the use of overseas financial companies, such as those in the Bahamas, Isle of Man and use of European Banks

For instance, back in The Netherlands, I have a personal revolving loan and a business revolving facility. Now using the following figures as an example and its not reality - My personal loan is for €7.500 - it is never ending and I can pay in and take out whenever I want - the monthly repayments are €120/month but it means I can then, if I wanted to, take out a further €57.50 a month as it stands I have had the loan for 5 years and as such I have taken out €10.892.50 but my loan facility is still only for €7.500 and thats how it stays.

It is exactly the same way as how Eddie has his loans set up with the club. The facility of revolving for so much - he invests the full amount with with the ongoing repayments and interest payments he then uses the money to take to the limit again and so on....

I tried to make it as simple to understand as possible so that the majority can understand how it works.

26Spend or this is the end - Page 2 Empty Re: Spend or this is the end Sun Aug 18 2013, 18:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

I tried to make it as simple to understand as possible so that the majority can understand how it works.
You're too kind.

27Spend or this is the end - Page 2 Empty Re: Spend or this is the end Mon Aug 19 2013, 00:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Thanks Chris.

I can't really follow your explanation but I'll accept your word for it.

There are two things though that in my mind shows that the money cannot all be from Davies though.

No one who has worked all his life to amass £93 million pounds is ever going to sink ALL of it (plus another £30 million!) in to a single risk.  Maybe a gambler might - but Davies is a businessman who limits his risks.

The second is that no one will ever invest £125 million of their personal wealth unless they are sure that the investment is sound.  There are far simpler and safer ways to invest money than to give it to the likes of Messers Gartside, Megson and Coyle to spend for you.

Does anybody really believe that some bloke woke up one morning and simply said - 'You know what, I love BWFC so much I'm going to put all my life savings into the club, leaving nothing for me, my wife and family if it all goes pear shaped and just for good measure let Phil Gartside spend all my money how he sees fit'.

It isn't going to happen really is it?

And neither as Mr Eddie Davies put in £125 million in to our club either - imo.

The money as clearly not all come from Mr Davies - it can't have done - it simply doesn't make any sense for it to have done.

28Spend or this is the end - Page 2 Empty Re: Spend or this is the end Mon Aug 19 2013, 01:48

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

My reading fans will know that my long standing theory is that Eddie passed away about five years ago.....Fat Phil talks to somebody on a red phone in his office...but it's not Eddie.......it's one of Eddies lacky's on a voice box. 
Has anybody seen or heard from Eddie ......no.....what owner wouldn't have somat to say about the state of affairs.
It's all obvious to the trained eye.

Sherlock.
Cool

29Spend or this is the end - Page 2 Empty Re: Spend or this is the end Mon Aug 19 2013, 02:58

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:Thanks Chris.

There are two things though that in my mind shows that the money cannot all be from Davies though.

No one who has worked all his life to amass £93 million pounds is ever going to sink ALL of it (plus another £30 million!) in to a single risk.  Maybe a gambler might - but Davies is a businessman who limits his risks.

The second is that no one will ever invest £125 million of their personal wealth unless they are sure that the investment is sound.  There are far simpler and safer ways to invest money than to give it to the likes of Messers Gartside, Megson and Coyle to spend for you.

Does anybody really believe that some bloke woke up one morning and simply said - 'You know what, I love BWFC so much I'm going to put all my life savings into the club, leaving nothing for me, my wife and family if it all goes pear shaped and just for good measure let Phil Gartside spend all my money how he sees fit'.

The money as clearly not all come from Mr Davies - it can't have done - it simply doesn't make any sense for it to have done.
Rumour has it that there is a Bolton fan in New Jersey who has secretly invested millions

30Spend or this is the end - Page 2 Empty Re: Spend or this is the end Mon Aug 19 2013, 08:45

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

waynagain wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Thanks Chris.

Rumour has it that there is a Bolton fan in New Jersey who has secretly invested millions
 Read the Accounts and you'll see that it's an interest bearing loan- with the rate just under 5%. Where else can you get that  risk free at the minute? It amounts to about a £5 million interest payment to Eddie each year. So it's not all about dedication to the club, though that must be part of it. It's a sound financial investment with a decent return. That £5m would buy us a decent player every year.
The real problem comes when Eddie pops his clogs and the loan becomes part of his estate. Not one of you out there knows  the terms conditions and covenants that are part of the loan agreement- so there's no use speculating.
Would you put more money into a failing enterprise? Me neither- so why should Eddie.
Those who keep shouting that he should spend more are  simply deluded. Why would he spend more just because some one else wants their club to be successful. We don't have a divine right to success nor do we have a divine right to demand that Eddie lends the club more

31Spend or this is the end - Page 2 Empty Re: Spend or this is the end Mon Aug 19 2013, 09:03

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I hate to point out the obvious, but we can't spend what we don't have. It is frustrating for fans when the team is clearly lacking in defensive solidity that we can't just go out and bring someone in but that's where we are at this point. 

I can see Mills getting shut out on loan shortly, so hopefully that frees up some money for Dougie to bring a defender in.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum