Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should Gartside resign ?

+19
SKDArmy
wanderlust
Lifeofriley
carrs
Hip Priest
Tigermin
wessy
Soul Kitchen
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
Angry Dad
waynagain
observer
Hipster_Nebula
terenceanne
aaron_bwfc
chipbutty
Michael Bolton
scottjames30
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Do we need a change at the board?

Should Gartside resign ? Vote_lcap70%Should Gartside resign ? Vote_rcap 70% [ 23 ]
Should Gartside resign ? Vote_lcap30%Should Gartside resign ? Vote_rcap 30% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 33

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Should Gartside resign ? Empty Should Gartside resign ? Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:16 am

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Does the club need fresh blood running the club ?

2Should Gartside resign ? Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:29 am

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I have voted yes but I do think he has been unlucky with the appointments of Coyle and Freedman. Both were the hottest younger managers out there when Gartside signed them up but they just aren't all that. What bolton are crying out for is another Big Sam, a really quality manager who can get a very strong team from little money spent. 

Sammy lee was a bad appointment but at least he was quick to sack him. Megson although unpopular did keep the club up. Coyle was the disaster who took bolton down when I think a lot of people thought (me included) he would do great things. Dougie IMO has been disappointing but deserves more time. 

For a club like bolton the crucial thing is getting a good manager. It really isn't easy, managers like big Sam are very rare.

3Should Gartside resign ? Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:34 am

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I have to say though Gartside should be sacked for keeping faith with Coyle for so long. Didn't we have a run either side of summer where bolton lost something like 18 of 21 league games. They were just terrible, losing games 6-0 at home, looking clueless. Gartside should have sacked coyle. Steve Gibson had the same blind faith in southgate the season or two before and he took them down and they are a right mess now. 
Gordon Taylor is always criticising clubs who sack managers too quickly but coyle and southgate are perfect examples of why clubs need to sack managers if they aren't up to it.

4Should Gartside resign ? Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:38 am

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I think BSA still lives in Bolton so he is obviously happy here. I also think that deep down he would prefer to manage Bolton than West Ham.

Another reason why Gartside should go. The relationship between manager and chairman is key to the success of any club. I think that with Gartside out the way Big Sam could be tempted back.

Having said all that of course I have no idea what went on behind the scenes  maybe it can never be fixed.

5Should Gartside resign ? Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:16 am

I've no idea what you think would change if we had a new chairman?

6Should Gartside resign ? Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:16 am

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sammy Lee was a disaster, apart from being to negative and failing to interact with fans Megson did what Coyle and Lee failed to do and keep us up. The fans can't turn on Gartside over the Coyle appointment IMO as a hell of a lot of fans loved it when he arrived, Dougie's appointment obviously looked a good appointment due to the fact Palace were in the play off spots at the time.

So no I don't think he should get sacked. The manager and players need to take responsibility for their fucking actions, which quite frankly since the blackpool game last season have been woeful.

7Should Gartside resign ? Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:07 pm

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I voted yes but he should not be allowed to resign...he should be fired asap.  That's been my opinion since Big Sam was here.......I have not changed my mind.

8Should Gartside resign ? Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:08 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:I've no idea what you think would change if we had a new chairman?
we could get big sam back, or of course, Phil Brown, the name on the lips of every bolton fan every time there's a vacancy.

Rolling Eyes 

9Should Gartside resign ? Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:18 pm

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:I've no idea what you think would change if we had a new chairman?
we could get big sam back, or of course, Phil Brown, the name on the lips of every bolton fan every time there's a vacancy.

Rolling Eyes 
Unsurprisingly Big Mick McCarthy's name has popped up again on other forums I've been looking at.

Alongside Roy Keane, Billy Davies and Paolo Di Canio.

I don't even know where to begin with such crap.

10Should Gartside resign ? Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:38 pm

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I can't believe fans actually think we should sack Dougie at the moment, 20 games in without a win in the league then I would be calling for his head but we haven't even got out of fucking August.

11Should Gartside resign ? Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:40 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Rolling Eyes 
Unsurprisingly Big Mick McCarthy's name has popped up again on other forums I've been looking at.

Yeah, the above has passion, passion and strikers BWFC don't like for some reason now do they.

12Should Gartside resign ? Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:45 pm

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

aaron_bwfc wrote:I can't believe fans actually think we should sack Dougie at the moment, 20 games in without a win in the league then I would be calling for his head but we haven't even got out of fucking August.
Agree with you... some reward for getting us out of the relegation zone last season and one point out of the playoffs (if that... GD was the difference).  Give him a chance to succeed before calling for his head.  He played the kids in the first half last night, which is what half or more of the blog wanted.

13Should Gartside resign ? Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:47 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

most were calling for Eaves, odelusi, hall etc to start.

but at the end of the game it was a "baffling selection"

14Should Gartside resign ? Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:49 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we get a right hammering against Blackburn, the board should end the pain for Freedman, then resign themselves .

15Should Gartside resign ? Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:51 pm

scottjames30 wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Unsurprisingly Big Mick McCarthy's name has popped up again on other forums I've been looking at.

Yeah, the above has passion, passion and strikers BWFC don't like for some reason now do they.
Strikers? Don't really understand that to be honest, Roy Keane hasn't even got a club so how can he have strikers? The rest of his record shows one thing- he's shit, what's attracted you to him? (Please don't say 'Passion')

Billy Davies and Di Canio would never leave their clubs to come to us, neither are realistic options to replace Dougie. Even if they were neither have done much to say they're top quality managers.

Mick McCarthy is awful, and anybody suggesting him hasn't actually thought about it very well. God knows why you think he's the answer he certainly doesn't like strikers, look at his squad at Ipswich, shocking bunch.

Dougie not screaming on the touchline and throwing things about doesn't mean he isn't passionate about his job. I find it laughable that fans think they can make judgements like that off of 90 minutes of football a week, you don't have a clue about how passionate he is.

16Should Gartside resign ? Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:08 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Unsurprisingly Big Mick McCarthy's name has popped up again on other forums I've been looking at.

Strikers? Don't really understand that to be honest, Roy Keane hasn't even got a club so how can he have strikers? The rest of his record shows one thing- he's shit, what's attracted you to him? (Please don't say 'Passion')

Billy Davies and Di Canio would never leave their clubs to come to us, neither are realistic options to replace Dougie. Even if they were neither have done much to say they're top quality managers.

Mick McCarthy is awful, and anybody suggesting him hasn't actually thought about it very well. God knows why you think he's the answer he certainly doesn't like strikers, look at his squad at Ipswich, shocking bunch.

Dougie not screaming on the touchline and throwing things about doesn't mean he isn't passionate about his job. I find it laughable that fans think they can make judgements like that off of 90 minutes of football a week, you don't have a clue about how passionate he is.
Three defensive midfielders at home is a negative Manager with no passion to beat the favorites end of.

Mick McCarthy will have more chance of getting us up than Freedman IMO.

Ipswich have scored more goals than us so far , so our strikers must be shite then.

I bet you were the in the few that wanted to keep Coyle .

Keane's been there and done it, he wouldn't stand for lightweights and anything less than 100%,

17Should Gartside resign ? Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:17 pm

scottjames30 wrote:Three defensive midfielders at home is a negative Manager with no passion to beat the favorites end of.

Mick McCarthy will have more chance of getting us up than Freedman IMO.

Ipswich have scored more goals than us so far , so our strikers must be shite then.

I bet you were the in the few that wanted to keep Coyle .

Keane's been there and done it, he wouldn't stand for lightweights and anything less than 100%,
No I didn't want to keep Coyle, I said give him 10 games and then Gartside did the right thing and sacked him.

Making a judgement about who's strikers are better after 4 games is farcical.

Keanes been there and done it!? He managed to get Sunderland promoted with a massive budget, big achievement and has done nothing since. You're easily impressed.

Why would Mick McCarthy have a better chance than Freedman?? Please explain to me what it is about him.

We played one defensive midfielder against QPR, Ream. Both Medo and Spearing were played either side of the diamond and weren't sitting in front of the back 4 as Ream was. They at least tried to get involved going forward, unfortunately Spearing isn't great at that, but our injuries didn't give us many alternatives. We played 442 at home, as fans wanted, just because it wasn't the flat midfield which has failed us so often doesn't make it a dreadful formation.

Dougie's here to try and get us promoted, he sat Ream in the middle to help us against one of the better attacks in the league. A point at home would have been fine and I think we probably deserved it.

We have issues, he knows that and he's good enough to resolve them. Panicking after 4 games and bringing in the likes of Mick McCarthy would be a disaster.

18Should Gartside resign ? Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:21 pm

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

aaron_bwfc wrote:I can't believe fans actually think we should sack Dougie at the moment, 20 games in without a win in the league then I would be calling for his head but we haven't even got out of fucking August.
He's had 37 games to 'prove' himself and we are not in any better position than when he came. How much longer are the fans supposed to give him?
The only thing keeping him in his job right now is that if Gartside fired him he would be admitting he has made 'another' mistake.

19Should Gartside resign ? Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:25 pm

waynagain wrote:He's had 37 games to 'prove' himself and we are not in any better position than when he came. How much longer are the fans supposed to give him?
The only thing keeping him in his job right now is that if Gartside fired him he would be admitting he has made 'another' mistake.
He got us into a far better position last season, and has since had 4 bad games in the league. 

He deserves till at least Christmas to improve us.

Palace started the season poorly last season, look where they ended up

20Should Gartside resign ? Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:30 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
waynagain wrote:He's had 37 games to 'prove' himself and we are not in any better position than when he came. How much longer are the fans supposed to give him?
He got us into a far better position last season, and has since had 4 bad games in the league. 

He deserves till at least Christmas to improve us.

When we're bottom.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum