Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should Gartside resign ?

+19
SKDArmy
wanderlust
Lifeofriley
carrs
Hip Priest
Tigermin
wessy
Soul Kitchen
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
Angry Dad
waynagain
observer
Hipster_Nebula
terenceanne
aaron_bwfc
chipbutty
Michael Bolton
scottjames30
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Do we need a change at the board?

Should Gartside resign ? - Page 3 Vote_lcap70%Should Gartside resign ? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 70% [ 23 ]
Should Gartside resign ? - Page 3 Vote_lcap30%Should Gartside resign ? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 30% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 33

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Should Gartside resign ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Wed Aug 28 2013, 20:57

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Thank god for Dougie and all the other managers because if half of you lot were in charge we would be up shit creek, with a new manager every month, and a new board every season, the bloody lunatics should stay out of the Asylum.

Oh and wasn't it Gartside who gave Sam a 10 year deal when every one thought he was barking, did we or did we not get into Europe under that bastard Gartside? Did i dream that we went 12 years in the premiership under the chairmanship of what's his name oh yes Gartside.

Be careful what you wish for 1963 to 1993? and anyone who thinks at this stage that Dougie should be regarded as a failure is also on the edge of madness.  Have some faith and give the guy time he did it last year nothing says he will not do better this year.

If he doesn't then fair enough then we may need to look at things but in August give me a break.

42Should Gartside resign ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Wed Aug 28 2013, 21:55

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Two words Wessy, ginger cnut!

43Should Gartside resign ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Wed Aug 28 2013, 22:21

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sorry Wessey lad but wee Doggie has done dick shit so far. As previously mentioned our end of season sprint last season was on the back of some extremely lucky results,Eagles last kick of the game against the chicken fuckers being just one. The pre season and the games to date have been nothing short of shambolic. Team selection,tactics,Knightmare as Captain ??? there are no positives at the moment for me Im afraid. I thought we had landed on our feet with Coyle and again with Freedman but unfortunately first impressions and reality kick in !!!!

44Should Gartside resign ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Wed Aug 28 2013, 22:37

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Fair enough on Megson would never try to defend that decision.

But at this point i think Dougie will turn it around(my opinion) and if he does the doom mungers, will be his biggest fans again, it will only take 4 straight wins and he will be the the chosen one again.

And given time he will win 4 on the bounce. it's a given in this league even the likes of Peterboro did it last year.
Look i am not disagreeing just saying give it some time, this is knee jerk at best.

The lucky result theory for last year though is a shit argument, you get what you deserve,(28 points out of 30 from last 10 home games) lucky my arse.

It's like me saying this run is because we have been unlucky, if Mido scores in both home games we would have won both matches maybe? 
As i said not happy myself with the start but i will bet most of you where optimistic and on the 2nd of August? its only the 28th for Christs sake.

45Should Gartside resign ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Wed Aug 28 2013, 23:38

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

"Douggie out" after 4 games of the new season, 3 of which have been against promotion favourites. What are some of you lot like. Pathetic!!, Embarrassing!!

46Should Gartside resign ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Thu Aug 29 2013, 00:08

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

Garty lived on the reputation gained after saving us with the cunning Normid plan. His landed Sam and struck gold when that one worked out.
His best days and high points are now behind him.

47Should Gartside resign ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Thu Aug 29 2013, 06:24

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The interview starts at 20 min's in.

48Should Gartside resign ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Thu Aug 29 2013, 09:23

Lifeofriley

Lifeofriley
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

We've not had a great start to the season?!

ABANDON SHIP! SACRIFICE EVERYONE! BURN THE PLACE TO THE GROUND!!!!!!

Lost for the FIRST TIME THIS YEAR at home?!?!?! WRITE HIM OFF! BRING ME HIS HEAD!!!!!

WE'VE NEVER BEEN LOWER!!!!! 

.......i think i made my point......

49Should Gartside resign ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Thu Aug 29 2013, 09:48

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

Lifeofriley wrote:We've not had a great start to the season?!

ABANDON SHIP! SACRIFICE EVERYONE! BURN THE PLACE TO THE GROUND!!!!!!

Lost for the FIRST TIME THIS YEAR at home?!?!?! WRITE HIM OFF! BRING ME HIS HEAD!!!!!

WE'VE NEVER BEEN LOWER!!!!! 

.......i think i made my point......
What's Gartside got to do with that.
I would want him out as I said. DF is another thread.

Half of this is about DF on a thread about Garty. The guy who has overseen a rise in debt by 100m since Sam went. Shear bleedin incompetence and mismanagement. He is the Chairman he carries the can and if 100m is not a good enough reason what is

50Should Gartside resign ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Thu Aug 29 2013, 10:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

carrs wrote:The guy who has overseen a rise in debt by 100m since Sam went. Shear bleedin incompetence and mismanagement. He is the Chairman he carries the can and if 100m is not a good enough reason what is
I don't think anyone can argue with this. At any other organisation Gartside would have been run out of town long ago.

Rarely has one man been so well rewarded for such incompetence.

51Should Gartside resign ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Thu Aug 29 2013, 10:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It seems that the more times we change manager, the worse we get. It took Allardyce years to do anything significant despite inheriting an incredibly healthy set up. But Gartside and the Board kept faith with him and the stability he enjoyed eventually paid dividends.

Getting rid of Gartside (which is unlikely to happen anyway) wouldn't have an impact on the pitch for an eternity if at all. Getting rid of the manager will send us back to square 1 yet again.

Since Allardyce, no manager has had a long enough period in which they're allowed to develop the team. We haven't got the money to buy success so it has to be built from scratch by developing youth and buying low cost stopgaps like Cavies to keep us going whilst they come through.
I'd rather be patient and accept that we're in a rebuilding process. At least Dougie's put some foundations in with the likes of White - it would be a shame to start all over again IMO.

52Should Gartside resign ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Thu Aug 29 2013, 11:10

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

wanderlust wrote:It seems that the more times we change manager, the worse we get. It took Allardyce years to do anything significant despite inheriting an incredibly healthy set up. But Gartside and the Board kept faith with him and the stability he enjoyed eventually paid dividends.

Getting rid of Gartside (which is unlikely to happen anyway) wouldn't have an impact on the pitch for an eternity if at all. Getting rid of the manager will send us back to square 1 yet again.

Since Allardyce, no manager has had a long enough period in which they're allowed to develop the team. We haven't got the money to buy success so it has to be built from scratch by developing youth and buying low cost stopgaps like Cavies to keep us going whilst they come through.
I'd rather be patient and accept that we're in a rebuilding process. At least Dougie's put some foundations in with the likes of White - it would be a shame to start all over again IMO.
So if by not sacking Gartside which you say will not happen we are fecked financially.
Did you stop to think the guy who oversaw that 100m rise in a short space of time was to blame for it as his role is chairman.
Are you saying a new chairman wouldn't bring new ideas and fresh initiatives to reduce the debt.

If the debt can be reduced by a more competent chairman that could surely only be to the benefit of the footballing side of the business, especially if it meant more funds could be then channelled into first team investment.

53Should Gartside resign ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Thu Aug 29 2013, 11:34

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

carrs wrote:
wanderlust wrote:It seems that the more times we change manager, the worse we get. It took Allardyce years to do anything significant despite inheriting an incredibly healthy set up. But Gartside and the Board kept faith with him and the stability he enjoyed eventually paid dividends.

So if by not sacking Gartside which you say will not happen we are fecked financially.
Did you stop to think the guy who oversaw that 100m rise in a short space of time was to blame for it as his role is chairman.
Are you saying a new chairman wouldn't bring new ideas and fresh initiatives to reduce the debt.

If the debt can be reduced by a more competent chairman that could surely only be to the benefit of the footballing side of the business, especially if it meant more funds could be then channelled into first team investment.
Correct you are ...... plus everyone could benefit from fresh ideas and diferent ways of doing business.
It happens every day of the week in regular business. How many people have lifetime jobs at companies these days.

54Should Gartside resign ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Thu Aug 29 2013, 12:33

Lifeofriley

Lifeofriley
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

sorry - my point was about people having a go at Freedman on this thread.

Walked passed Gartside this week. Looks very thin. Very stressed. Definitely isn't looking forward to Saturday. Tosser!

55Should Gartside resign ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Thu Aug 29 2013, 13:46

SKDArmy

SKDArmy
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

carrs wrote:Garty lived on the reputation gained after saving us with the cunning Normid plan. His landed Sam and struck gold when that one worked out.
His best days and high points are now behind him.
Sorry what was this Normid plan?

56Should Gartside resign ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Thu Aug 29 2013, 14:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Selling part of Burnden Park to the Co-op to build the Normid supermarket. Without the sale we may well of gone bust!

57Should Gartside resign ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Thu Aug 29 2013, 14:24

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

Sluffy wrote:Selling part of Burnden Park to the Co-op to build the Normid supermarket. Without the sale we may well of gone bust!
With less than 14 days to spare he made it over the line.

58Should Gartside resign ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Thu Aug 29 2013, 14:27

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Was Garty anything to do with the Normid development? If memory serves this was done a number of years before he joined the board. I stand to be corrected.

59Should Gartside resign ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Thu Aug 29 2013, 14:28

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:Selling part of Burnden Park to the Co-op to build the Normid supermarket. Without the sale we may well of gone bust!
Didn't he also aprove the building of the Reebok based on having the money from the sale of the Burnden Park property, when in actuality the proerty had not been sold? When it was finally sold it was for considerably less than initially quoted and the club then had to 'borrow' more money to build the Reebok (adding to the debt)

60Should Gartside resign ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Thu Aug 29 2013, 16:06

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Barryjw wrote:Was Garty anything to do with the Normid development? If memory serves this was done a number of years before he joined the board. I stand to be corrected.
You are correct, the Normid store opened in 1985, Gartside joined the Board of BWFC in 1989 and became Chairman in 1999.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum