Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should Gartside resign ?

+19
SKDArmy
wanderlust
Lifeofriley
carrs
Hip Priest
Tigermin
wessy
Soul Kitchen
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
Angry Dad
waynagain
observer
Hipster_Nebula
terenceanne
aaron_bwfc
chipbutty
Michael Bolton
scottjames30
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Do we need a change at the board?

Should Gartside resign ? - Page 4 Vote_lcap70%Should Gartside resign ? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 70% [ 23 ]
Should Gartside resign ? - Page 4 Vote_lcap30%Should Gartside resign ? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 30% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 33

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Should Gartside resign ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Thu Aug 29 2013, 17:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

waynagain wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Selling part of Burnden Park to the Co-op to build the Normid supermarket. Without the sale we may well of gone bust!
Didn't he also aprove the building of the Reebok based on having the money from the sale of the Burnden Park property, when in actuality the proerty had not been sold? When it was finally sold it was for considerably less than initially quoted and the club then had to 'borrow' more money to build the Reebok (adding to the debt)
I don't know the detail and exact timing of events but iirc I think the problem was that the land at Burnden Park was being sold to build an out of town shopping development - then the government changed the planning legislation to stop / curtail such developments.

A case more of bad luck / timing than anything else.

The net result was that overnight the land became significantly less attractive to developers and therefore worth considerably less than the club had budgeted for.

62Should Gartside resign ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Thu Aug 29 2013, 20:40

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

scottjames30 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The interview starts at 20 min's in.
I've just listened to that - against my better judgement - and has our prick of a chairman just admitted on national radio he effectively defrauded man city of £400k? The man is either a complete bullshitter or incompetent in the extreme, either way its time he was history

63Should Gartside resign ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Thu Aug 29 2013, 21:13

No he shouldn't resign. Who would we get to replace him. He's done a good job. Made some mistakes but who hasn't.

64Should Gartside resign ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Thu Aug 29 2013, 21:18

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

y2johnny wrote:No he shouldn't resign. Who would we get to replace him. He's done a good job.  Made some mistakes but who hasn't.
100 million is the sum and rising

65Should Gartside resign ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Thu Aug 29 2013, 21:20

No it's not. Stop being a wum. It's becoming tiresome

66Should Gartside resign ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Thu Aug 29 2013, 21:47

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

y2johnny wrote:No it's not.  Stop being a wum. It's becoming tiresome
So are you related to the other hymn singer

You want to keep a chairman who has overseen such a rise and say he has done a good job. Well I trust you don't quote the we have no funds for this or that excuse. It's Phil's fault people have to use that old one.

Nice try
Next

67Should Gartside resign ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Thu Aug 29 2013, 21:49

Not related at all. Don't agree with you that's all.

68Should Gartside resign ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Thu Aug 29 2013, 21:57

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

y2johnny wrote:Not related at all.  Don't agree with you that's all.
Fine, but do try and understand the humour and play on words you will find I may pop that sort of thing in now and again.

69Should Gartside resign ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Thu Aug 29 2013, 22:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Alf Hooker wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The interview starts at 20 min's in.
I've just listened to that - against my better judgement - and has our prick of a chairman just admitted on national radio he effectively defrauded man city of £400k? The man is either a complete bullshitter or incompetent in the extreme, either way its time he was history
Well he does seem to confess that we sold City a player we never signed.

I guess it must have been legal somehow otherwise he's left us wide open to Citys lawyers - that's if they consider something as trifling to them as £400,000 worth the bother.

I can only think with Hamman signing the contract that we could register him to play for us - although we never completed the actual contract with him - and that we sold City Hamman's registration - but that is only a guess on my part.

Would have been much better if he had kept his mouth shut about it all imo.

70Should Gartside resign ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Thu Aug 29 2013, 22:12

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Normid was way before Gartside, Hargreaves was chairman when the Reebok was first muted?.

Here's the funny bit we have people posting that the debt is shambolic  management (agreed) then in the next breath we have people saying Gartside is a tight bastard because he won't sign Rhodes for 10 million, priceless.

71Should Gartside resign ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Thu Aug 29 2013, 22:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton Wanderers chairman Phil Gartside has confessed to tricking Manchester City into a £400,000 compensation fee for Dietmar Hamann in 2006, when the Trotters never actually owned the Champions League winner.

Hamann moved on a free from Liverpool to Bolton before immediately changing his mind and forcing through a move to Manchester City.

But Gartside has revealed the paperwork was not complete and the German was essentially free to complete a switch to City at his will.

With Hamann in the studio, Gartside told talkSPORT: “The full story never actually came out. What happened was Didi signed for us on a free transfer from Liverpool, came in, signed the papers, and then, for whatever reason, decided it wasn’t for you and that you wanted to reconsider.

“We said to you, ‘I’m sorry about that, but you’ve signed’ but what you never realised was that we never actually countersigned the papers and just put them in the drawer.

“The next thing we know, you came along and told us you’d got this opportunity to go to Manchester City – so we actually sold you without actually signing you, did you know that?

“We got £400,000 from Manchester City for a player we never actually signed. And that’s the truth.”

Hamann appeared bewildered by the chairman's claims and jested: “I didn’t know that, we might need to get in touch with City.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

72Should Gartside resign ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Thu Aug 29 2013, 22:38

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

carrs wrote:
Fine, but do try and understand the humour and play on words you will find I may pop that sort of thing in now and again.
Well bully for you! Mum and Dad must be really proud?

73Should Gartside resign ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Thu Aug 29 2013, 23:00

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

wessy wrote:Normid was way before Gartside, Hargreaves was chairman when the Reebok was first muted?.

Here's the funny bit we have people posting that the debt is shambolic  management (agreed) then in the next breath we have people saying Gartside is a tight bastard because he won't sign Rhodes for 10 million, priceless.
Normid had two key phases
First the deal for it and shirt sponsor deal. Things had picked up and not so bad when he joined
The sale where he was nearly tripped up by the changes but fell lucky

The move didn't look so bad when the dust had settled. He let the side down over the European funding push. The rest is history, that point in time sort of signalled the start of the end for Phil.

Your are right it's funny we are told we have no money, can't do this or that. Yet nobody questions it and ask why and who let it come to this, who was running the shop.

74Should Gartside resign ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Sat Aug 31 2013, 17:36

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Get him out!!!!!

75Should Gartside resign ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Sat Aug 31 2013, 20:02

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Was he in the back four today?

76Should Gartside resign ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Sun Sep 01 2013, 14:17

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's deleted his twitter account.

77Should Gartside resign ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Sun Sep 01 2013, 14:20

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't blame him.

some of the pathetic and childish abuse he gets from chav grunts is embarrassing.

78Should Gartside resign ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Sun Sep 01 2013, 18:51

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc1874 I'm a pretty sane person and sane enough to know that your defence of Freedman on the basis he nearly got us into the play offs last year is rather a weak one because anyone who really is sane would have seen we were totally crap but aided by a huge and unusual amount of luck going our way. The football is no better this year than last but our luck has run out. We have a weaker squad, less money still after his wastefulness and little prospect of things improving. Face facts, get rid now and we might just avoid relegation.

79Should Gartside resign ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Sun Sep 01 2013, 19:35

Whitesince63 wrote:bwfc1874 I'm a pretty sane person and sane enough to know that your defence of Freedman on the basis he nearly got us into the play offs last year is rather a weak one because anyone who really is sane would have seen we were totally crap but aided by a huge and unusual amount of luck going our way. The football is no better this year than last but our luck has run out. We have a weaker squad, less money still after his wastefulness and little prospect of things improving. Face facts, get rid now and we might just avoid relegation.
Sorry Whites but the argument of 'we got lucky' last season is a nonsense. He did a good job with 2 clubs last season that's the facts.

My opinion is he's a good manager working under some very difficult circumstances. He's made mistakes and has to take some blame for the poor start, but sacking a manager after 5 games is a pathetic way to run a football club.

You clearly don't like Freedman, you've jumped at the opportunity to start calling for his head. Even coming up with luck as the reason for his achievements last season.

Until I hear a realistic candidate to replace him with, I'll stick by him.

80Should Gartside resign ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Should Gartside resign ? Sun Sep 01 2013, 20:26

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

haha the old classic.

When we win it's a fluke. When we lose, it's all his fault.

you couldn't make it up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum