Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer Deadline Day

+19
Bolton Nuts
Sluffy
carrs
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
Culcheth_White
doffcocker
scottjames30
Reebok Trotter
waynagain
Natasha Whittam
Copper Dragon
Boggersbelief
Soul Kitchen
Michael Bolton
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
kennster
wanderlust
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

121Transfer Deadline Day - Page 7 Empty Re: Transfer Deadline Day Tue Sep 03 2013, 00:19

Jingizu99

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Good news at last!!  "One in from the Championship, where Middlesbrough have signed Jacob Butterfield from Norwich on a three-year deal."

122Transfer Deadline Day - Page 7 Empty Re: Transfer Deadline Day Tue Sep 03 2013, 00:22

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

.....how is that good news for us?

123Transfer Deadline Day - Page 7 Empty Re: Transfer Deadline Day Tue Sep 03 2013, 00:36

Jingizu99

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Means a soft target when we play them...

124Transfer Deadline Day - Page 7 Empty Re: Transfer Deadline Day Tue Sep 03 2013, 00:45

Sure you're not getting confused with the full back Danny Butterfield Jingizu?

125Transfer Deadline Day - Page 7 Empty Re: Transfer Deadline Day Tue Sep 03 2013, 00:50

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:Sure you're not getting confused with the full back Danny Butterfield Jingizu?

That's exactly who he's getting confused by. Very Happy 

126Transfer Deadline Day - Page 7 Empty Re: Transfer Deadline Day Tue Sep 03 2013, 01:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Both Butterfields were crap for us - so Jingi is still correct in what he says!

127Transfer Deadline Day - Page 7 Empty Re: Transfer Deadline Day Tue Sep 03 2013, 01:20

Jingizu99

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

No I'll take my lumps. I got confused between the two. It's been a long day. Bah. I'll put my frown back on.

128Transfer Deadline Day - Page 7 Empty Re: Transfer Deadline Day Tue Sep 03 2013, 07:26

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Like I said 'Big shake up' 'load of bollocks' if they aint good enough for a team bottom of the division why would they be good enough for anyone else, division 1 maybe but then wages become an isssue. Things really are at an all time low.

129Transfer Deadline Day - Page 7 Empty Re: Transfer Deadline Day Tue Sep 03 2013, 07:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Perhaps Dougie will finally shake up the team and give the hungrier squad players a shot? Or maybe shake up this ineffectual narrow system? Or both?

130Transfer Deadline Day - Page 7 Empty Re: Transfer Deadline Day Tue Sep 03 2013, 09:01

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:Perhaps Dougie will finally shake up the team and give the hungrier squad players a shot? Or maybe shake up this ineffectual narrow system? Or both?
Well he needs to do something, maybe he will surprise us in the loan market? How will those players react that would have been shipped out? could work 2 ways, they could either prove him wrong or just sit on their butts as normal, I think it really is time to blood the younger players afterall there is nothing to lose.

131Transfer Deadline Day - Page 7 Empty Re: Transfer Deadline Day Tue Sep 03 2013, 11:33

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Well we waiting until there were two hours left in the window to then try and get two players in.

Management is certainly on the ball .......

Eddie.....please sell this club to somebody that gives a toss...... thanks in advance.

132Transfer Deadline Day - Page 7 Empty Re: Transfer Deadline Day Tue Sep 03 2013, 11:39

terenceanne wrote:Eddie.....please sell this club to somebody that gives a toss...... thanks in advance.
Is investing £125 million not enough for you?

Be reasonable terence.

133Transfer Deadline Day - Page 7 Empty Re: Transfer Deadline Day Tue Sep 03 2013, 12:25

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:
Eddie.....please sell this club to somebody that gives a toss...... thanks in advance.
modern football in a nut shell.

thanks for saving our club, but now kindly piss off.

134Transfer Deadline Day - Page 7 Empty Re: Transfer Deadline Day Tue Sep 03 2013, 12:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

thanks for saving our club, but now kindly piss off.
There's no room for sentiment in business Hipster.

135Transfer Deadline Day - Page 7 Empty Re: Transfer Deadline Day Tue Sep 03 2013, 12:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

or ethics apparently.

136Transfer Deadline Day - Page 7 Empty Re: Transfer Deadline Day Tue Sep 03 2013, 12:50

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it's more the accusation that he doesn't "give a toss" that grates.

it also implies there's billionaires lining up around the block begging him to buy the club and he's holding them off.

137Transfer Deadline Day - Page 7 Empty Re: Transfer Deadline Day Tue Sep 03 2013, 13:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I think it's more the accusation that he doesn't "give a toss" that grates.

it also implies there's billionaires lining up around the block begging him to buy the club and he's holding them off.
I wouldn't be queuing up to throw good money after bad, though.
I believe EDs interest rate is high, so if he cares for the club he might consider restructuring the deal in conjunction with the business plan and some sensible KPIs to ensure it's financially sustainable.

Having got to this position though, it's tricky to have to tell the manager and players that they have to achieve success without further investment whilst assuring the fans of a bright future.
Ultimately, the players and manager have to start doing the business - it's that simple. If they don't nobody wins.
And the fans need to understand the position we're in so that they stop undermining the club's efforts to get back on track.

138Transfer Deadline Day - Page 7 Empty Re: Transfer Deadline Day Tue Sep 03 2013, 15:26

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Blades have just been bought by a Saudi prince! :-( Why is Phil not in the Middle East offering up our club to the next available dictator or military leader? BWFC would be a perfect money laundering machine though probably quite expensive. 

At least the players would fear for their lives and not just their tin-pot careers!

139Transfer Deadline Day - Page 7 Empty Re: Transfer Deadline Day Tue Sep 03 2013, 18:38

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

140Transfer Deadline Day - Page 7 Empty Re: Transfer Deadline Day Tue Sep 03 2013, 21:40

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I think it's more the accusation that he doesn't "give a toss" that grates.

What makes you think he does?

He's invested the money he has in the knowledge that doing so would provide him with a healthy income stream at the club's expense.

It's been a crutch that the club may or may not ultimately regret, but there's nothing selfless about it on Eddie Davies' part.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum