Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gartside Bullshit

+17
Lifeofriley
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
gloswhite
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Born to be a wanderer
aaron_bwfc
terenceanne
observer
Soul Kitchen
wanderlust
Norpig
scottjames30
SKDArmy
Triumph
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Gartside Bullshit - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Bullshit Wed Sep 04 2013, 18:05

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Boggersbelief wrote:Mix those with abit of class such as eagles and lee then things will turn around.
Maybe it's me, but I don't regard them as 'class' in comparison to leading Championship players, merely good, or competent. However, such is the state of the team, that in comparison to their colleagues, they can be considered 'class'.

22Gartside Bullshit - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Bullshit Wed Sep 04 2013, 19:05

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They are class in this league, eagles on his day is the best player in the championship. In the prem however, he is bang average

23Gartside Bullshit - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Bullshit Wed Sep 04 2013, 19:08

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Eagles will have one good game in 5, and the rest have 5 good games a season except Lee, he has 2and a half.

I don't think we'll make the top six looking at our squad unless we can loan some PL players in.

24Gartside Bullshit - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Bullshit Wed Sep 04 2013, 19:10

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think dropping Knight would be a great start to making things right, as well as the shocking defending it would also eliminate the hoof ball he so often resorts to, which we end up losing the resulting air battle and invite more pressure on our defence.

25Gartside Bullshit - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Bullshit Wed Sep 04 2013, 19:13

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The teams coming down from the prem from last season are much stronger than the 2 we came down with IMO, all of them have a bit of money to spend for a starters and QPR and Reading have probably the best managers in the division.

Our best hope has probably only be to make the play offs.

26Gartside Bullshit - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Bullshit Wed Sep 04 2013, 20:29

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still plenty of time to turn it around, with the faith I have in freedman I can see him brining in in 2 or 3 quality loans, Dawson looks likely if he still isn't starting games, so Dawson, a creative midfielder and maybe a winger and we will be good to go. There is no way ill be rulin out the top two spots so soon, 10 points from the next 12 and things will look rosy, I think once we get that win then we'll go on a run and climb the table.

27Gartside Bullshit - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Bullshit Wed Sep 04 2013, 20:52

SKDArmy

SKDArmy
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

When this man says it we need say no more.

28Gartside Bullshit - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Bullshit Wed Sep 04 2013, 21:05

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doesn't he work for Wigan?

29Gartside Bullshit - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Bullshit Wed Sep 04 2013, 21:14

SKDArmy

SKDArmy
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Yes but he still follows bolton and loves the club

30Gartside Bullshit - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Bullshit Wed Sep 04 2013, 21:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

SKDArmy wrote:Yes but he still follows bolton and loves the club
Maybe we could do with him back at our club!

31Gartside Bullshit - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Bullshit Wed Sep 04 2013, 22:27

SKDArmy

SKDArmy
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

karlypants wrote:
SKDArmy wrote:Yes but he still follows bolton and loves the club
Maybe we could do with him back at our club!
A low paid chairman then we can pay for advisors as well! With Super John at the helm at least we'll know every decision would be made for the good of the club!

32Gartside Bullshit - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Bullshit Thu Sep 05 2013, 13:19

Lifeofriley

Lifeofriley
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Sorry if someone has already made this point, but what about the THREE MILLION POUNDS it has cost the club to get out of a farce of a sponsorship deal with a pay day loans company?! 

I'm sure with that THREE MILLION we could have bought AND loaned more in the transfer window.

That's not Douglas' fault. It's not the players' fault (although most of them are shite and a major reason we are where we are).

What about how we were in the Premier League for so long and haemorrhaged money the entire time...

Don't get me started on the whole Man City/400k saga that the dopey faced tit decided was acceptable to air on NATIONAL RADIO...

If any eager lawyers start looking into that it'll cost the club a lot more than £400k to make it right... what a bell end.

Super John and Hierro to take up advisory roles

Campo to make the tea

N'gotty and Taggart to take Zat out to the wood shed

Lovely.

33Gartside Bullshit - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Bullshit Thu Sep 05 2013, 14:05

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I posted this on another forum, but it is very applicable here as well:

I don't get this witch hunt against PG! As if changing the chairman would make a blind bit of difference to the 11 players on the pitch! It won't generate more funds for players and ultimately if we did get him fired would result in us having to pay him off!!!!! It doesn't matter unless your inclined to play the blame game and hunt down someone to blame for the inadequacies of our players and the management team. I wonder why the focus has shifted off DF and his back-room and on to PG. Some of you were all over bashing OC for decisions, but don't seem so vociferous this time around! DF proved he is a good manager last season, so I fully expect him to turn this around, but if he and the players can't shake this non-winning hoodoo over the next 5 games he will pay for it with his job. 

If you all felt so strongly about PG why were you not creating articles like this last season when we were on our winning streak??????? Oh.....whats that? You're fickle? Nah, I don't believe it! 

The stupid argument is that if we had won our first 5 games nothing like this would be posted. PG is not the owner so he doesn't have cash unless Big Ed makes cash available, so having a go a PG because we can't afford to buy players is complete bonkers as well - like PG decides what we can spend!

We have started badly, but FFS get over yourselves! DF is charged with sorting it out. He has had a full preseason with a squad that most teams in this division cast envious eyes over. I believe DF will turn it around when he finally realises the mistakes he has made so far and taps into some of our youth players.

I must be the only one on here that sees us not spending as a positive! We want our kids to come through - think of it, free players with resale value. It's a great thing that the kids are nearer the 1st team and not some journey man player who we panic bought on the last day. The kids will feature much more, I'm certain of it, so leave the board room appointments to those at the top of the club - those bits that have nothing to do with whether we win a game or not!

34Gartside Bullshit - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Bullshit Thu Sep 05 2013, 16:15

Think Gartside's right in everything he says here:

“This probably proves that we are not panicking," he told [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. “If we had signed Jay Spearing at 10.59pm and 59 seconds then people would have been praising us. We didn’t, we did it a lot earlier on.
“We did our best early on in the transfer window and made six, seven, eight signings – some younger ones, but at the right time in the window.
“We spent a fair amount of money which is comparative with other clubs around us.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

35Gartside Bullshit - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Bullshit Thu Sep 05 2013, 16:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

We don't mind you saying that the other forum is JA606, Jah.

To be honest it is when there is a form of hysteria as there is now with the club being bottom of the division that you actually realise that the majority of people commenting on getting rid of the Chairman, Mr Gartside, actually know very little if anything about the running of a business in general and BWFC in particular.

In simple terms somebody owns a business and some people work for a business.  Unless you are a small family run business then usually the workers and the owners are two sets of different people.

Whoever puts money into a business are usually the ones that own it.  

Often in order to get more money than the bank will lend the business to develop and build for the future, the owners will sell part of their ownership in the form of 'shares' in it.

The people who have shares in the business have a right to say how the business is run - and they do that by appointing people to look after their interest in the business - and to which the 'boss' of the workers (usually given a title like Chief Executive Officer, or something similar) is appointed by and answers too.

These people appointed to oversee the business’s running and deciding its future direction is known as the board of governors and the person 'elected' to head the board is the Chairman.

If the owners / shareholders of the business do not like how the board (including the chairman) is running the business they can be simply removed from their position and replaced by someone else.

If you relate all this to Bolton, we basically only have one owner - Mr Davies who owns something like 96% of the club.

It is Mr Davies therefore who as the power to solely appoint the board, its Chairman AND remove them anytime he likes.

The fact that Mr Davies as not removed Mr Gartside over the period that the club debt as risen from something like £35 million to £135 million is absolute confirmation that he is perfectly happy that Mr Gartside is running the club in the direction that Mr Davies wishes - otherwise he would have long gone.

Why Mr Davies wants the club to be run in the way that it is, is another question entirely (and a very much more pertinent one imo) but despite what you, me and everyone else’s opinion of Mr Gartside may be, the only opinion of his performance that matters is Eddies and as long as he is happy then Phil will remain the Chairman.

So any cries from the fans about sacking Mr Gartside and / or the board my well be heartfelt but ultimately pointless as only Eddie himself as the power to do that AND he MUST want the club to be in the financial position it is in otherwise he would have acted a number of years before now.

QED

36Gartside Bullshit - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Bullshit Thu Sep 05 2013, 18:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JAH wrote:We have started badly, but FFS get over yourselves! DF is charged with sorting it out. He has had a full preseason with a squad that most teams in this division cast envious eyes over. I believe DF will turn it around when he finally realises the mistakes he has made so far and taps into some of our youth players.

Deluded.

No one casts an envious eye over our squad - if that was the case we'd have had offers for our players during the transfer window. The truth is, 90% of them couldn't be given away.

You believe DF will turn it around? How? You think he will realise his mistakes? Why? Coyle never did and Freedman is no different. We all know despite the huff & puff after the Blackburn embarrassment that it'll be virtually the same team against Leeds, no high profile players will be training with the Reserves that's for sure.

Freedman had a plan and it's been a disaster. Shit players, too cautious, no plan B. I could go on.

Sack the wanker and let's move on.

37Gartside Bullshit - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Bullshit Thu Sep 05 2013, 19:09

Natasha Whittam wrote:You believe DF will turn it around? How? You think he will realise his mistakes? Why? Coyle never did and Freedman is no different. We all know despite the huff & puff after the Blackburn embarrassment that it'll be virtually the same team against Leeds, no high profile players will be training with the Reserves that's for sure.

Freedman had a plan and it's been a disaster. Shit players, too cautious, no plan B. I could go on.

Sack the wanker and let's move on.
Freedman's already shown that he's not afraid to make changes to the team, you have no idea whether or not he'll change it again for the Leeds game so criticising him in advance is pretty pathetic, same as you saying no plan b? What do you base this rubbish on?

The Coyle comparison doesn't hold much weight either, aside from them being Scottish what else do you have? Tactically they're worlds apart, Freedman can do some strange things that don't always make sense, but Coyle never did anything at all - 442 regardless! He was completely inept in that regard.

38Gartside Bullshit - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Bullshit Thu Sep 05 2013, 19:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

While it is true that the past is the past, i love how last season has been completely and utterly forgotten by the majority and Freedman has now been a "disaster" who "won't turn it round."

39Gartside Bullshit - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Bullshit Thu Sep 05 2013, 19:24

Exactly, writing off players and a manager after 5 games is embarrassing. I know some do it for a wind up but some are serious, which I find incredible.

40Gartside Bullshit - Page 2 Empty Re: Gartside Bullshit Thu Sep 05 2013, 19:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Exactly, writing off players and a manager after 5 games is embarrassing. I know some do it for a wind up but some are serious, which I find incredible.
It's more to do with the manner of defeat. If we were losing 3-2 every week there would be hope if we could sort the defence. But we have a shite defence and an equally shire attack.

No hope.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum