Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Loan window opening

+8
Reebok Trotter
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
Copper Dragon
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
wanderlust
Barryjw
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Loan window opening Empty Loan window opening Thu Sep 05 2013, 15:40

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

The loan window opens in the next few days and of course we all want to see Dawson arriving. Incidentally he is in the WBA Premier league squad 25.

I understand Owen Garvan has not been included in the Palace squad.

Any ideas folks?

2Loan window opening Empty Re: Loan window opening Thu Sep 05 2013, 16:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need a shake up in some form or other. Whether or not it would be in our interest to do it with loan players which potentially threatens squad development and progress is open for debate, but if we need instant gratification then it's certainly an option.
The ideal scenario for me would be to promote some of the younger players and in doing so, give them the necessary experience and at the same time increase competition for places which may put a rocket under those who seem to feel they have a divine right to a place despite apparently not giving their best.
Of course that could backfire horribly, but in an ideal world the youngsters would come good for us at the right time. Sadly, this is not an ideal world so maybe an astute loan or two is the answer. Just saying that it's always good to develop and support our own players instead of doing it for others, but maybe that's the price we have to pay for instant gratification?

3Loan window opening Empty Re: Loan window opening Thu Sep 05 2013, 16:34

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I have to agree that the development of our own junior players would be to the club's long term advantage. Preferable to developing other clubs' players, for whom we get no long term benefit.

Doubt whether our fans have the stomach for this approach as it's unlikely to be an over night fix.

4Loan window opening Empty Re: Loan window opening Thu Sep 05 2013, 16:36

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I think we can rule out Dawson coming back due to the departure of one of their centre backs today, mutual termination of Gabriel Tamas.

Maybe we could make a move for him if we can get shut of Wheater, Knight or Mills.

5Loan window opening Empty Re: Loan window opening Thu Sep 05 2013, 17:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As things stand, I don't think Hall, Odelusi, Vela, Riley, Bolger, Lester, White, Gregus and perhaps one or two others would completely disgrace themselves if selected.
I wouldn't be looking to play them all at once, but to try 3 or 4 in key positions and give one or two others a shot from the bench as required is not inconceivable - and would certainly let the regulars know they need to start fighting for their places.
Clearly Dougie doesn't think they're ready, but after some of the performances the regulars have put in so far I'd suggest we have nothing to lose and plenty to gain from a little experimentation.
If we can bring on these lads this season and put a goodly chunk of next season's transfer budget into the next generation we could be on to a winner.

If only we had patient and appreciative fans!

6Loan window opening Empty Re: Loan window opening Thu Sep 05 2013, 17:20

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:As things stand, I don't think Hall, Odelusi, Vela, Riley, Bolger, Lester, White, Gregus and perhaps one or two others would completely disgrace themselves if selected.
I wouldn't be looking to play them all at once, but to try 3 or 4 in key positions and give one or two others a shot from the bench as required is not inconceivable - and would certainly let the regulars know they need to start fighting for their places.
Clearly Dougie doesn't think they're ready, but after some of the performances the regulars have put in so far I'd suggest we have nothing to lose and plenty to gain from a little experimentation.
If we can bring on these lads this season and put a goodly chunk of next season's transfer budget into the next generation we could be on to a winner.

If only we had patient and appreciative fans!
Good post.

but it's my feeling that external pressure would stop any blanket "youth" influx. Not only the fans, who would be booing and slagging off any young player within weeks, and definitely wouldn't be patient enough to see us hover around the bottom half while youngsters gained experience.

you've also got the ownership, I don't suspect they'd be too happy to see us hovering in and around the bottom three, even if it meant we had 4 or 5 young players ready to go for next season.

the "youth" influx is but a dream I'm afraid.

7Loan window opening Empty Re: Loan window opening Thu Sep 05 2013, 17:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sadly, Hipster, I'm inclined to agree.

8Loan window opening Empty Re: Loan window opening Thu Sep 05 2013, 17:47

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sad but true, i'd give the young lads all season and seeing them give their all even if it meant just missing out on the play offs but as you say hipster the board would be on dougies back in weeks if he picked them and we were still struggling.

It's all well and good having the development squad but they can't develop if they don't play competitive football.

9Loan window opening Empty Re: Loan window opening Thu Sep 05 2013, 20:10

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Dawson has been on West Brom's bench this season so he's not going out on loan anywhere.

Baptiste needs playing in the centre of defence, unfortunately that will mean having to play Mears.

10Loan window opening Empty Re: Loan window opening Thu Sep 05 2013, 20:20

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:Dawson has been on West Brom's bench this season so he's not going out on loan anywhere.
How do you know? 

I bet you he ends up back on loan here

11Loan window opening Empty Re: Loan window opening Thu Sep 05 2013, 20:38

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
Copper Dragon wrote:Dawson has been on West Brom's bench this season so he's not going out on loan anywhere.
How do you know? 

I bet you he ends up back on loan here
I hope so Boggers, can you imagine the Reebok with him back ?

It'll be like the Stade Velodrome.

12Loan window opening Empty Re: Loan window opening Thu Sep 05 2013, 20:40

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We wouldn't lose a game with him back.

13Loan window opening Empty Re: Loan window opening Thu Sep 05 2013, 20:44

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The fans would be our twelve man too, I think he must come now.

Do you think Bolton will get a win soon ?

14Loan window opening Empty Re: Loan window opening Thu Sep 05 2013, 20:46

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As soon as Dougie is on the phone Dawson will remember what he's missing.

Our first win is around the corner, if big craig joins before the Leeds game then we'll shit em

15Loan window opening Empty Re: Loan window opening Thu Sep 05 2013, 20:48

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He may actually be available for loaning out, I've done some digging.

I didn't know that they'd signed the Uruguayan international Lugano and also Ridgewell can play at centre back even though he's been used at left back. So West brom have the cover.

He may well get loaned to Bolton or another club.

16Loan window opening Empty Re: Loan window opening Thu Sep 05 2013, 20:49

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:We wouldn't lose a game with him back.

Now you're being silly. :yeahright: 

17Loan window opening Empty Re: Loan window opening Thu Sep 05 2013, 20:50

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:As soon as Dougie is on the phone Dawson will remember what he's missing.

Our first win is around the corner, if big craig joins before the Leeds game then we'll shit em
I hope he comes but I don't think he'll want the move tbh.

18Loan window opening Empty Re: Loan window opening Thu Sep 05 2013, 20:52

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sit on shitty west broms bench or be star player at big club Bolton?

19Loan window opening Empty Re: Loan window opening Thu Sep 05 2013, 20:54

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dawson has only been on the subs bench for one game and he wasn't selected.

20Loan window opening Empty Re: Loan window opening Thu Sep 05 2013, 20:55

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Sit on shitty west broms bench or be star player at big club Bolton?
I know , but that's at the moment, and haven't they already got rid of a defender for some reason ?

But if he's ambition he'll want to get his arse off the bench into the team, and not go to a bottom of the league team, that's the reality i'm afraid.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum