Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Loan window opening

+8
Reebok Trotter
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
Copper Dragon
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
wanderlust
Barryjw
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Loan window opening - Page 2 Empty Re: Loan window opening Thu Sep 05 2013, 20:56

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There's nowt wrong with being positive or believing that Bolton are the greatest club on the planet Boggers.

Just cut down on the drinking though. :drink: 

22Loan window opening - Page 2 Empty Re: Loan window opening Thu Sep 05 2013, 20:58

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:Dawson has only been on the subs bench for one game and he wasn't selected.
2 games Trotter.

Southampton and Swansea.

23Loan window opening - Page 2 Empty Re: Loan window opening Thu Sep 05 2013, 21:10

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:There's nowt wrong with being positive or believing that Bolton are the greatest club on the planet Boggers.

Just cut down on the drinking though. :drink: 
We'll still finish higher than you though.

24Loan window opening - Page 2 Empty Re: Loan window opening Thu Sep 05 2013, 21:17

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:
2 games Trotter.

Southampton and Swansea.
Oops. I have been keeping an eye on West Brom's team sheet and I missed one of them. Embarassed 

25Loan window opening - Page 2 Empty Re: Loan window opening Thu Sep 05 2013, 21:17

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You may well do Scott, just don't have sleepless nights thinking about finishing above Burnley.

26Loan window opening - Page 2 Empty Re: Loan window opening Thu Sep 05 2013, 21:28

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:You may well do Scott, just don't have sleepless nights thinking about finishing above Burnley.
Oh, I never have sleepless nights, that's for sure, I love nature Laughing 

27Loan window opening - Page 2 Empty Re: Loan window opening Thu Sep 05 2013, 21:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes, I can see Dawson swapping the Prem for bottom of the Championship.

28Loan window opening - Page 2 Empty Re: Loan window opening Thu Sep 05 2013, 21:50

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Look on the bright side, a load of pub team players want to play for us, perhaps we could find a gem in them.

29Loan window opening - Page 2 Empty Re: Loan window opening Thu Sep 05 2013, 22:17

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Weve already got too many of them I reckon

30Loan window opening - Page 2 Empty Re: Loan window opening Fri Sep 06 2013, 10:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Has anyone here seen the development team live? I wonder how Cian Bolger is doing as captain? He's 21 now and surely must be in contention for a first team CB slot.
At 6'4" he isn't exactly lightweight and "on paper" should be giving Knight and Wheater a run for their money if his positional sense is any good.

31Loan window opening - Page 2 Empty Re: Loan window opening Fri Sep 06 2013, 10:53

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Has anyone here seen the development team live? I wonder how Cian Bolger is doing as captain? He's 21 now and surely must be in contention for a first team CB slot.
At 6'4" he isn't exactly lightweight and "on paper" should be giving Knight and Wheater a run for their money if his positional sense is any good.
It always baffles me why so few players seem to break through from the Academy.

32Loan window opening - Page 2 Empty Re: Loan window opening Fri Sep 06 2013, 13:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Has anyone here seen the development team live? I wonder how Cian Bolger is doing as captain? He's 21 now and surely must be in contention for a first team CB slot.
It always baffles me why so few players seem to break through from the Academy.
Or why they get so few chances. I think it's because of the need for instant gratification. Vela was given a couple of chances (good to start with then had a nightmare) as was Riley (fine I thought) It would take a brave manager to stick with them after a poor performance, but a vote of confidence could do them a world of good and I honestly thought that those two would be regulars by now. Dougie stuck with Hall even though he was dire in the game he played at the end of last season, so why not let others have a go?

Another aspect of it is that some young players are given a chance in cup games, but even if they do well they don't seem to be given a chance at a higher level. Eaves, Odelusi, Gregus and others all played fine but have hardly had a sniff at the first team.

Bottom line for me is that if we develop players but never give them a decent run in the first team, what's the point?

No doubt we'll bring in loanees which will knock our own lads further down the pecking order.

33Loan window opening - Page 2 Empty Re: Loan window opening Fri Sep 06 2013, 13:39

Agree with all of that, but when did Vela have a nightmare?

34Loan window opening - Page 2 Empty Re: Loan window opening Fri Sep 06 2013, 14:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Agree with all of that, but when did Vela have a nightmare?
There was one game last season when he just looked really off the pace and was substituted. Can't remember which but I do remember I was really disappointed - I don't think he's played since?
I know he's had an injury but I believe he recovered ages ago and has just not been in the reckoning. Anyone else know what the story is with Vela (and Riley)? - are they available for selection?

35Loan window opening - Page 2 Empty Re: Loan window opening Fri Sep 06 2013, 14:15

Riley got a bad injury at the start of the season, that's all I know about him.

As far as Im aware Vela's fit, I'd like to see him get some game time but with Medo and Spearing in front of him and Pratley starting the season well he may be better off being loaned out. Confidence and a bit of bulking up would do him a world of good.

36Loan window opening - Page 2 Empty Re: Loan window opening Fri Sep 06 2013, 14:51

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Anyone expecting any loans?

Way I see it, we are that poor at the min, we couldnt afford even a loan last week and I dont see us affording it now...

37Loan window opening - Page 2 Empty Re: Loan window opening Fri Sep 06 2013, 14:52

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Riley's knee ligaments knackered in pre-season just as he was to join Shrewsbury on loan. We'll be lucky to see him again this season.

38Loan window opening - Page 2 Empty Re: Loan window opening Fri Sep 06 2013, 15:02

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Riley posted a pic of his knee a couple of weeks back after the doctors took a cast off it (I think), he seemed pretty happy with the progress he was making so we may see him before the season is out.

As for the loan window it's pretty simple for us, we need to offload bodies before we can bring anyone in, simple as that from what I can gather.

39Loan window opening - Page 2 Empty Re: Loan window opening Fri Sep 06 2013, 17:21

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

How can a fairly decent sized club like bolton be that fucking poor we cant even afford a loan? Serious questuon.

40Loan window opening - Page 2 Empty Re: Loan window opening Fri Sep 06 2013, 17:29

Reebok_Rebel wrote:How can a fairly decent sized club like bolton be that fucking poor we cant even afford a loan? Serious questuon.
It's not necessarily that we can't afford it. It could just as easily be that we're already on the border for FFP, and the fact we couldn't shit any players meant we couldn't bring any in.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum