Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Loan window opening

+8
Reebok Trotter
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
Copper Dragon
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
wanderlust
Barryjw
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Loan window opening - Page 3 Empty Re: Loan window opening Fri Sep 06 2013, 18:14

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a sad state of affairs.

42Loan window opening - Page 3 Empty Re: Loan window opening Fri Sep 06 2013, 18:39

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Reebok_Rebel wrote:How can a fairly decent sized club like bolton be that fucking poor we cant even afford a loan? Serious questuon.
Because we have got some below average players on huge wages (for this league), so we are unable to get shut of them to bring in better younger players on loan on lower wages.

43Loan window opening - Page 3 Empty Re: Loan window opening Sat Sep 07 2013, 09:43

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Chris Baird is back on our radar. Nixon has just confirmed a tweet of mine and Baird is a free agent and he may now be in our wage range.

44Loan window opening - Page 3 Empty Re: Loan window opening Sat Sep 07 2013, 11:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:Chris Baird is back on our radar. Nixon has just confirmed a tweet of mine and Baird is a free agent and he may now be in our wage range.
Even though he's a fairly average player, he is pretty steady and is versatile and perhaps what we need if his fitness is OK - he's 31 now. Bit of a gamble if we took him really, but when I've watched him play he always seems committed to the cause and can play a bit. He can play CB and if Dougie follows up his words after B'burn with actions in terms of selection, Baird could be a steadying influence at the back.
From another perspective it looks like a panic buy and if we need this type of player, why did we let Sam Ricketts go?
Still think Bolger should be given a chance soon.

45Loan window opening - Page 3 Empty Re: Loan window opening Sat Sep 07 2013, 11:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boring.

If we're going to get someone it must be someone sexy and exciting. Football is in the entertainment business, I'm not paying £30 to watch someone called Chris Baird. How good can he be with a name like that.

I want to sign a player with one name, they're always good. Pele for example.

46Loan window opening - Page 3 Empty Re: Loan window opening Sat Sep 07 2013, 11:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you called him Chris.

47Loan window opening - Page 3 Empty Re: Loan window opening Sat Sep 07 2013, 12:01

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We were supposed to be signing Paddy McCarthy from Palace, but he's got injury concerns, so it looks like Baird is next on Dougie's list.

48Loan window opening - Page 3 Empty Re: Loan window opening Sat Sep 07 2013, 12:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

None of those mentioned are particularly inspiring, probably because we are working with a low wage band. Save the money for something better in the future and blood the youngsters now, whilst we've got nothing to lose.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum