Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Worst Bolton player ever!

+19
rammywhite
wessy
Banks of the Croal
luckyPeterpiper
bryan458
Angry Dad
Soul Kitchen
Barryjw
doffcocker
xmiles
observer
scottjames30
karlypants
Copper Dragon
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
boltonbonce
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Worst Bolton player ever! - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst Bolton player ever! Fri Nov 08 2013, 17:06

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Worst value for money was Len Cantello - a club record signing at the time (£350k was a lot of money in 1979). He was shit and contributed nothing.

Sean Davis was a liability but we got him on a free so we only had to pay his wages for 3 years despite him only playing 3 times.

22Worst Bolton player ever! - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst Bolton player ever! Fri Nov 08 2013, 17:12

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Davis was on around £30,000 a week I read somewhere. He'd have done well to justify that even if he'd been fit, baring in mind he was in his 30's.

23Worst Bolton player ever! - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst Bolton player ever! Fri Nov 08 2013, 17:26

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Breadman wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Just started thinking about the worst ever player to wear the white shirt,but my head started spinning. One lazy Sunday afternoon I'll have good think.Rolling Eyes
That Salva Ballesta fella was a bit shit, as I remember.

I was going to say Simon Rudge but he was so bad it was actually funny.

Him and Graham "Zico" Bell.....
We seemed to have resurrected Salva Ballesta's career as after limited appearances for us, returned to Spain, joined Malaga where for a time was leading goal scorer in La liga  and indeed reclaimed his place in the Spanish national team. Maybe he wasn't as bad as we thought given more games?

24Worst Bolton player ever! - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst Bolton player ever! Fri Nov 08 2013, 18:13

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

John Manning.

25Worst Bolton player ever! - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst Bolton player ever! Fri Nov 08 2013, 18:34

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Jardel

26Worst Bolton player ever! - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst Bolton player ever! Fri Nov 08 2013, 18:34

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Or maybe Bogdan

27Worst Bolton player ever! - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst Bolton player ever! Fri Nov 08 2013, 18:45

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Ngog.
He's class
More like Glass.

28Worst Bolton player ever! - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst Bolton player ever! Fri Nov 08 2013, 19:42

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our most gifted player

29Worst Bolton player ever! - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst Bolton player ever! Fri Nov 08 2013, 19:48

Djibril Diawara the next Patrick Vieria because he was tall.

30Worst Bolton player ever! - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst Bolton player ever! Fri Nov 08 2013, 19:48

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

If you think our current strike pairing is bad, then spare a thought for the sensational ' Ian Moores and Trevor Morgan, truly dreadful!!!!!!!!!!

31Worst Bolton player ever! - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst Bolton player ever! Fri Nov 08 2013, 20:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Remember them well. Moores,poor fella died at 43.

32Worst Bolton player ever! - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst Bolton player ever! Fri Nov 08 2013, 20:06

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It has to be Cid. I mean if they gave out 'razzies' for football like they do for really bad films he'd have a dozen on his mantlepiece. Gotta be the worst I've ever seen and that includes the old Div 4 team.

33Worst Bolton player ever! - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst Bolton player ever! Fri Nov 08 2013, 20:24

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'd go with Cantello because he cost what was a lot of money back then also a more recent ish one would be Steve McAnespie.

34Worst Bolton player ever! - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst Bolton player ever! Fri Nov 08 2013, 20:57

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Jardel purely because he was supposed to be a top pro, he was FAT and minced about, what a bloody let down. Cantello wasn't shit just  a big disappointment.

Gareth Williams & Terry Wharton came and livened things up it was big money back then £55k ?

Cooper a full back in the 60's was a bit of a donkey.

35Worst Bolton player ever! - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst Bolton player ever! Fri Nov 08 2013, 21:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dead right about Charlie 'super' Cooper. But he had a certain comedy value.

36Worst Bolton player ever! - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst Bolton player ever! Fri Nov 08 2013, 21:24

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Has to be Jardel. He came on as a
sub against Citeh and had the whole ground laughing

37Worst Bolton player ever! - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst Bolton player ever! Fri Nov 08 2013, 21:25

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm sure we paid £70,000 for Wharton and £50,000 for Williams, aye Super Cooper remember him, another John Manning he used to get some stick.

38Worst Bolton player ever! - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst Bolton player ever! Fri Nov 08 2013, 21:37

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It was 70 grand for Wharton and we sold the guy he replaced for 60 grand. Wharton did fuck hall and Francis Lee played for England in the World Cup!

39Worst Bolton player ever! - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst Bolton player ever! Fri Nov 08 2013, 21:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We couldn't have held on to Lee. His motivation was always the money,and he wanted to go to Man city. That's why stuffing city 3-0 in the league cup in 71 was such a pleasure. The abuse Lee got that night was something to behold. 2 other old boys Freddy Hill(God) and Wyn Davies turned out for City that night too.

40Worst Bolton player ever! - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst Bolton player ever! Fri Nov 08 2013, 21:52

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Elmander cost £8.2 million and was fooking shit! He left for fook all and he earned a fortune at the club, like £2 million a year. Easy answer really.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum