Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wigan 3-2 Bolton

+24
MartinBWFC
Reebok_Rebel
Mr Magoo
Lifeofriley
Banks of the Croal
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
wessy
JohannesburgWanderer
doffcocker
Norpig
Soul Kitchen
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Barryjw
aaron_bwfc
Tigermin
Bolton Nuts
Reebok Trotter
NickFazer
Boggersbelief
White84
Culcheth_White
scottjames30
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

101Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Sun Dec 15 2013, 18:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Resign Freedman you absolute bellend.

Wigan were a team in crisis and, once again, we handed them 3 points just as we do to any struggling team.

Have you ever seen a Bolton team with so little bottle or fight?

I can't even be arsed telling you where it went wrong because it started the minute Freedman was given the job.

Wanker.

102Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Sun Dec 15 2013, 18:57

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

As much as it pains me I have to agree with Nat on this, yes we had the better of the second half, but if Freedman had an ounce of football nous we would have won that game, at 2-0 down, any manager with bollox throws on another striker, what does Freedman do? wait until 15 mins from time when again we are chasing the game.

Better managers than Freedman are getting potted all over the country, is it just us who have spineless tossers in charge of hiring and firing, or is it more a case of Gartside realising oops another fuck up by me, better keep mi gob shut.

103Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Sun Dec 15 2013, 19:00

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Absolute crap in the first half, to be fair to wigan even before the penalty they could have been 2-0 up. If they had kept going at us after they scored the 2nd it could have been a demolition job in the first half with 3/4 goals to them.

When we scored the 2nd they started playing again and what happens?...We crumble like a fucking deck of cards in the wind and they get the winner.

I'm not sure why Mcnaughton thinks Mason is hard done by to be out of the Cardiff squad he's too light weight along with Hall who you could literally blow over.

I really wish we had a more attack minded coach who had us playing at a higher tempo instead of allowing the other team so much bloody time on the ball.

104Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Sun Dec 15 2013, 19:22

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

On another day we would have taken something from the game, but it would have papered over a lot of cracks. 

Wigan defended deep in the second half which made it easier for us to create chances. In the first half, they played an ordinary game, and we looked clueless every time we had the ball. Dougie supposedly does a lot of homework on the opposition, but we just seem to play the same way every match and hope the opposition will bend over for us.

105Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Sun Dec 15 2013, 19:37

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've been told off a good source that we can't afford to even sack Freedman.

Dark days ahead .

106Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Sun Dec 15 2013, 19:57

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It looks good full........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Pity they all went home disappointed Douglas.

107Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Sun Dec 15 2013, 20:28

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Copper Dragon wrote:It looks good full........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Pity they all went home disappointed Douglas.
We're used to it Copper, it no longer disappoints us, we expect it, we thought Coyle was clueless, but Freedman is far more clueless, he over complicates things so much so that he confuses the players.

108Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Sun Dec 15 2013, 20:30

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

we should have thrown money at getting the baby faced assassin on board.

109Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Mon Dec 16 2013, 02:08

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How the fuck can a defence let someone score an overhead kick 8 yards out.

Those blaming freedman are foolish.

110Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Mon Dec 16 2013, 08:04

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:How the fuck can a defence let someone score an overhead kick 8 yards out.

Those blaming freedman are foolish.

Do you think so?
I want some of what you've been on!!
There's no passion or wherewithall in that team and it comes right from the top.
Too many players going through the motions, we are shit at best and it'll get much worse before there's a break in the clouds!!

111Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Mon Dec 16 2013, 08:18

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It kicked off between the Bolton and Wigan fans.

112Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Mon Dec 16 2013, 12:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Wigan 3-2 Bolton

Callum McManaman’s deflected effort denied Bolton Wanderers a share of the spoils after a superb second half fight back at Wigan.

The Whites headed into the break trailing by two goals to nil, however a close-range header from Neil Danns and a perfectly executed penalty from Andre Moritz deservedly put Bolton back level at the DW Stadium.

Having wrestled back the impetus, Bolton were dealt a cruel blow with 22 minutes remaining as McManaman’s deflected effort wrong-footed Andy Lonergan to seal the points and a 3-2 win for Uwe Rosler’s men.

Bolton boss Dougie Freedman made one change from last weekend’s 3-0 victory over Doncaster Rovers at the Reebok Stadium.

On-loan midfielder Danns, who scored the last goal of the game against Rovers, stepped in for winger Chris Eagles.

The notable inclusion for Wanderers however was Mark Davies, who was on the bench, following a long lay-off through injury.

It was a fiery atmosphere at the DW Stadium, with over 4,500 fans making the short trip from the Reebok to show their support for Dougie Freedman’s men.

In the ninth minute, the hosts were controversially awarded a penalty after Matt Mills was adjudged to have handled a McManaman cross. After some hesitation the decision was eventually made by the linesman.

Watson, a former team mate of Freedman at Crystal Palace, stepped up to rifle an unstoppable spot kick into the top right hand corner, sending Andy Lonergan the wrong way.

The contest continued to be played at a frantic pace, but in the 24th minute, Bolton’s task became even harder as the Latics extended their lead.

Showing fantastic technique, Wigan striker Nick Powell connected with a deflected cross to send a looping bicycle kick over Lonergan.

Powell looked to add a quick-fire third for the FA Cup holders minutes later but a strong right footed strike from the edge of the penalty box was comfortably collected by the Bolton custodian.

Bolton’s first chance to test former England international Scott Carson came on the half-hour mark and it was an opportunity made in Cardiff.

Loan pair Kevin McNaughton and Joe Mason, both on loan from the Bluebirds, linked up excellently on the right hand side, with the full-back picking out a run to the front post by Mason, who ghosted away from his marker, but the striker’s header was met by a strong hand from Carson.

Bolton continued to put the pressure on as they looked to halve the deficit before the interval, and only a late goal line clearance denied the Whites and Brazilian playmaker Andre Moritz.

The chance came courtesy of clever wing play from Chung-Yong Lee, who skipped away from an Emerson Boyce sliding tackle on the left. The South Korean international sent an inviting cross to the back post for Moritz, but his header was scrambled away by Leon Barnett.

One final opportunity fell the visitors’ way before Kevin Friend blew for half time, as centre half Mills looked to replicate Powell’s overhead kick exploits but the ball flashed wide of Carson’s left-hand post.

A rejuvenated Wanderers side came out for the second period and started in perfect fashion by clawing a goal back within three minutes of the restart.

An initial free-kick from Moritz from 25-yards was palmed away by Carson. However, Lee recollected the ball for Bolton to ensure the danger for Wigan wasn’t over. Possession eventually worked its way out to Moritz on the right flank and he dinked a cross into the box for Danns to head home.

Moritz went in search of his third goal in a Bolton Wanderers shirt just before the hour mark but his venomous strike from fully 30-yards was straight down the throat of the goalkeeper.

Again, the Whites went knocking on the Wigan door as Moritz and Danns linked up once more but this time the on-loan Leicester midfielder could only head skim the cross bar with Carson beaten.

In the 64th minute Moritz was rewarded for his efforts with his second goal in as many games.

The equaliser came from the penalty spot as referee Friend was given no option but to point to the spot after Boyce caught Lee in the face with a trailing late leg.

Stepping up positively, Moritz showed a cool head to slot the ball into the far right hand corner in front of the travelling support from BL6.

With the contest now on a knife’s edge, it was turning out to be a fantastic derby at the DW Stadium, with both teams pushing forward at every given opportunity in search of the all-important fifth goal.

And it was winger McManaman who dealt Bolton a cruel blow in the 68th minute and scored what would turn out to be the winning strike.

Unmarked on the edge of the penalty box, McManaman’s low effort took a heavy deflection off Danns which consequently diverted away from Lonergan to nestle in the far corner.

Despite the set-back, Bolton continued to pile bodies forward in search of another route back into the contest.

Manager Freedman made two attacking substitutions with ten minutes remaining, with Jermaine Beckford and Mark Davies both introduced for Danns and Darren Pratley respectively.

However, with Moritz, Beckford and Mason all coming within a whisker of giving the Whites parity, they were unable to turn the game around as Wigan claimed all three points.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

113Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Mon Dec 16 2013, 12:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Freedman - A missed opportunity

Dougie Freedman was left to rue missed opportunities as Bolton suffered a narrow defeat at neighbours Wigan.

The Whites, backed by over 4,500 travelling supporters at the DW Stadium, came back from two down at half time after a penalty from Ben Watson and a Nick Powell overhead kick set Wigan on their way, despite controversy surrounding both goals.

A spirited second half performance led to Bolton drawing back through Neil Danns and Andre Moritz, but the Latics had the final say with a cruel blow 22 minutes from time as Callum McManaman’s deflected effort confirmed the win.

“I'm disappointed, we lost a game today that we shouldn’t have lost,” Freedman said. “I am disappointed with the perception of the first Wigan goal.

“I am not criticising the referee’s decision because it is such a hard job to do, but when he gives a corner and five or six Wigan players surround him, it changes the perception of the incident.

“We also feel the second goal is offside. We found ourselves two goals down and our spirit and positive play got us back into the game.

“In the second half we kept on going and we got level. The disappointing thing for me was for five or ten minutes after our equaliser we lost our shape.

“In the games we have lost recently there has been one goal in it and it is very narrow margins. It is my job to get the team organised.

“We pressed the ball right today and we created opportunities. We had enough chances to win the game in my eyes but we didn’t take them.

“Our rotation in midfield today was fantastic, which allowed Andre Moritz to get on the ball. Neil Danns also had a big game in the second half with his deep runs.

“At the end of the day we lost, there are no excuses and in all honesty I wish we had a game tomorrow.

“We have to start taking more of our opportunities but we are playing the game in the right spirit.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

114Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Mon Dec 16 2013, 12:49

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Duggy Deluded strikes again!?!

115Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Mon Dec 16 2013, 18:51

Can't argue with any of what Dougie's said here, that's all true.

Really disappointing not to get anything from that game, a couple of positives for me are the performance of Moritz (we finally seem to have an attacking threat) and that we showed some fight and spirit to get back into the game -  had that been earlier in the season we'd have capitulated.

116Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Mon Dec 16 2013, 18:53

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Are you Scottish?
Ffs we lost and you are rejoicing because we didn't lose 6-2!! You are as deluded as him, take a walk down to Hotel California.

Last edited by Soul Kitchen on Mon Dec 16 2013, 18:57; edited 1 time in total

117Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Mon Dec 16 2013, 18:54

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's in love with Dougie.

118Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Mon Dec 16 2013, 18:54

No, but I'm not sure what difference it would make if I was. 

Which bit do you disagree with?

119Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Mon Dec 16 2013, 18:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Can't argue with any of what Dougie's said here, that's all true.

Really disappointing not to get anything from that game, a couple of positives for me are the performance of Moritz (we finally seem to have an attacking threat) and that we showed some fight and spirit to get back into the game -  had that been earlier in the season we'd have capitulated.

You  ::bellend:: .

We capitulated twice! First to go 2-0 down and then to surrender the lead when we'd got back to 2-2.

There is no fight in this team whatsoever.

120Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Mon Dec 16 2013, 18:59

1874, a few weeks back, you tried arguing that your massive levels of weed consumption weren't having any adverse effect on your mental capacities.

I (again) beg to differ.

Time to lay off it a bit, I reckon........

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum