Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wigan 3-2 Bolton

+24
MartinBWFC
Reebok_Rebel
Mr Magoo
Lifeofriley
Banks of the Croal
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
wessy
JohannesburgWanderer
doffcocker
Norpig
Soul Kitchen
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Barryjw
aaron_bwfc
Tigermin
Bolton Nuts
Reebok Trotter
NickFazer
Boggersbelief
White84
Culcheth_White
scottjames30
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

141Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Tue Dec 17 2013, 00:47

Bolton Nuts

Admin

That's always going to be the case though. Of course we looked better at two nil down. Wigan started off high and pressing, at home, new manager. Got a pen and added a second. They couldn't keep up that sort of pressure so they had to back it off. Wigan drop off and stop pressing - so we by default look better. Its impossible to realistically think that it can be simplified into "if we played like that for 90 mins we would win" - if it was a reasonable argument every team could point to their best spell in a game and suggest that their team should have maintained that level and won. Its just not practical. And its all too easy as a supporter to make rash and ill considered comments knowing you don't really have to back them up.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

142Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Tue Dec 17 2013, 00:53

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Quick question, who would be moaning if it had finished 3-3?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

143Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Tue Dec 17 2013, 01:14

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Biggie wrote:That's always going to be the case though. Of course we looked better at two nil down. Wigan started off high and pressing, at home, new manager. Got a pen and added a second. They couldn't keep up that sort of pressure so they had to back it off. Wigan drop off and stop pressing - so we by default look better. Its impossible to realistically think that it can be simplified into "if we played like that for 90 mins we would win" - if it was a reasonable argument every team could point to their best spell in a game and suggest that their team should have maintained that level and won. Its just not practical. And its all too easy as a supporter to make rash and ill considered comments knowing you don't really have to back them up.

That's a great point. People are talking like Dougie changed it once we went 2-0 down and it's that that got us level. I think the plan was the same throughout. It's just unfortunate that it relies on the opposition backing off to allow the ball to get deep into their half.
It shows that attack is a form of defense.

144Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Tue Dec 17 2013, 01:14

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Biggie wrote:Quick question, who would be moaning if it had finished 3-3?

Me.

I don't think anything is going to improve long-term until the style is changed completely. We'll get a solid 3-0 home win and spirited away draw here and there but there'll be too many games like Huddersfield where it won't be good enough.

145Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Tue Dec 17 2013, 18:27

guest66

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Dougie can't have any complaints if he's sacked now. He's simply not learning from his mistakes, instead of playing players to their strengths he has them doing exactly what he wants them to do. Pratley is never a holding midfielder yet he was made to sit deep and look rubbish for it. He also didn't respond to mcmanaman killing baptiste. In the first half we were woeful, 2nd half we looked world beaters untill we equalised then we just panicked. My biggest gripe with Dougie is his substitutions, we should of had a sub on at 65 but instead he gives them 10 minutes at the end, shocking. Lost 3 out the last 4 now, Gartside needs to be brave, if we don't win at the weekend he has to go.

146Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Tue Dec 17 2013, 21:51

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We can't afford to sack dougie and bring in someone that's good enough to sort us out.

147Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Tue Dec 17 2013, 22:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:We can't afford to sack dougie and bring in someone that's good enough to sort us out.

We couldn't afford to sack Coyle, but we did.

Clubs will always find a way.

148Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Tue Dec 17 2013, 22:14

and bring in someone that's good enough to sort us out.

I'm yet to hear a viable candidate from the Dougie out crew. Having experienced Owen Coyle I know that the management of this team could be far, far worse.

149Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Tue Dec 17 2013, 22:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:and bring in someone that's good enough to sort us out.

I'm yet to hear a viable candidate from the Dougie out crew. Having experienced Owen Coyle I know that the management of this team could be far, far worse.

Di Canio would be top of my list. We need some passion. He may have been rubbish at Sunderland (although not given much time) but he did well at Swindon.

Every manager is a risk, no one can say any particular manager will be a hit.

150Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Tue Dec 17 2013, 22:28

Di Canio's been universally panned because of his antics at Sunderland, I've no idea if he'd inject passion into us or not but he could just as easily completely destroy the team spirit.

As you say it's impossible to judge if a manager would be a hit or not, but I'm pretty much certain Gartside wouldn't even consider such a volatile character.

151Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Tue Dec 17 2013, 22:35

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Nat, out with the fishing rod again!?!

152Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Tue Dec 17 2013, 22:42

She's always wanted Di Canio at the club. This isn't Nat fishing.

153Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Wed Dec 18 2013, 08:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:She's always wanted Di Canio at the club. This isn't Nat fishing.

Exactly, I just want some fucking passion at the top.

Di Canio might go too far but wouldn't you much rather see Di Canio dragging Ngog off the pitch by his neck than a Dougie type who defends the players at every opportunity?

At the end of the day the team is shit and no manager is going to be able to improve that in the short term - but a bit of passion on the pitch would go a long way to results picking up this season.

154Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Wed Dec 18 2013, 09:02

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

A long running piss take that's all. There's more chance of BSA than Di Canio with or without the fat controller being at the Reebok. He appears to have a record of upsetting everybody from owner down to works cat. Some might call it passion, most would call it trouble.
Find another to hang your star on!!

155Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Wed Dec 18 2013, 14:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:A long running piss take that's all. There's more chance of BSA than Di Canio with or without the fat controller being at the Reebok. He appears to have a record of upsetting everybody from owner down to works cat. Some might call it passion, most would call it trouble.

So you deny he did a good job at Swindon?

156Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Wed Dec 18 2013, 16:07

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Id take PDC for like Nat said ''passion'' , Oh and to see Ngog getting dragged off in a headlock.

157Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Wed Dec 18 2013, 16:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Obviously Di Canio wasn't especially professional in his approach at Sunderland - and player power got him sacked.

I don't think that would happen at Bolton. I think the fans are so sick of these overpaid and underachieving ponces taking the piss that they would openly encourage some proper fucking discipline. Who would complain if the manager ran on the pitch to wrestle Ngog/Eagles/Beckford/Random-ponce down the tunnel? Or openly called them bellends after a heavy defeat.

Football needs some fucking honesty and discipline.

158Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Wed Dec 18 2013, 16:35

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Or who would moan if he ran the length of the touch line to stick his shoe up someone's arse after a shite 90mins, that would be great entertainment .

159Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Wed Dec 18 2013, 19:37

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:A long running piss take that's all. There's more chance of BSA than Di Canio with or without the fat controller being at the Reebok. He appears to have a record of upsetting everybody from owner down to works cat. Some might call it passion, most would call it trouble.

So you deny he did a good job at Swindon?

I have not passed comment anywhere on the job he did, only his persona.

160Wigan 3-2 Bolton - Page 8 Empty Re: Wigan 3-2 Bolton Sun Dec 22 2013, 20:22

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Copper Dragon wrote:It looks good full........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Pity they all went home disappointed Douglas.

That'll be us on sunday (sold out yesterday)

Hopefully not disappointed though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum