Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How much alcohol do you drink and why?

+13
Copper Dragon
NickFazer
Soul Kitchen
karlypants
Culcheth_White
Boggersbelief
Mr Magoo
boltonbonce
Reebok Trotter
Angry Dad
Natasha Whittam
Banks of the Croal
doffcocker
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Breadman wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:I have been stuck in a traffic jam outside bents garden centre for the last hour and half, I'm bloody gagging for a pint.

Handbrake on, keys out of ignition, walk to Comfortable Gill, buy beer, drink it.

Simple.....

I remember the Comfortable Gill. There used to be quite a few pubs on the road from the Greyhound roundabout up to the Hollins Green turn-off. The Raven was another one.

I was in Bolton yesterday and noticed the Cattle Market was boarded up. How long has it been shut?
Cattle Market has been shut well over twelve months. Did a cracking pint of Thwaites Original Bitter the last few times I was in.
They used to show Wanderers away matches in there when we were in the Prem.
I only sup real ale, none of that fizzade or keg shite.
I never over indulge, seven or eight pints a night is more than enough for any man. What a Face

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:And what period are you in now.

Probably a bottle of wine tonight and a few brandy's  Very Happy 

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:
Breadman wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:I have been stuck in a traffic jam outside bents garden centre for the last hour and half, I'm bloody gagging for a pint.

Handbrake on, keys out of ignition, walk to Comfortable Gill, buy beer, drink it.

Simple.....

I remember the Comfortable Gill. There used to be quite a few pubs on the road from the Greyhound roundabout up to the Hollins Green turn-off. The Raven was another one.

I was in Bolton yesterday and noticed the Cattle Market was boarded up. How long has it been shut?
Cattle Market has been shut well over twelve months. Did a cracking pint of Thwaites Original Bitter the last few times I was in.
I never over indulge, seven or eight pints a night is more than enough for any man. What a Face

Where was the Cattle Market? it sounds familiar  Smile 

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I normally have a few, well quite a few on Friday night and occasionally 3 or 4 one night in the week but I am seriously thinking about starting early and finishing late on match days to dull the pain.

karlypants wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:
Breadman wrote:

Simple.....

Near Orlando Bridge, on the roundabout, more or less opposite GUS.

It shut about ten years ago then re-opened as a studenty-type put a couple of years back (the new halls of residence are next to it) but it didn't last and it shut down not long after.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think my username says quite a bit about me.  Very Happy 

I probably miss about 40 days in a year where I don't have a drink, averaging around 5 pints a night.

I drink because it makes me happy, although I don't need it to make me happy.

I stopped getting really toasted a good few years ago, after I woke up semi naked on a bicycle in my next door neighbours garden.

I went for my annual MOT at the doctor's recently and the nurse asked me about how much I drank.

I lied (obviously) and said that me and Mrs B share 3 bottles of white wine once a week on a Saturday night.

She cross referenced my answer on her chart and told me that under the NHS' new guidelines, I'd be classed as a binge-drinker.

She then gave me a load of bumf to take home and read and said that if I needed any help dealing with my "problem", I could log on to the NHS's website for advice.

It's a load of bollocks and yet another example of the government sticking its nose in where it doesn't belong.

Tory twats.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:
Breadman wrote:

Simple.....

Near Orlando Bridge, on the roundabout, more or less opposite GUS.

It shut about ten years ago then re-opened as a studenty-type put a couple of years back (the new halls of residence are next to it) but it didn't last and it shut down not long after.

Yes! I remember now, I think there is a small used car shop next door as well.  Smile 

The last time I went past it was around 6months ago visiting relatives in hospital.

You would have thought that they would have done something with the land and building!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:I went for my annual MOT at the doctor's recently and the nurse asked me about how much I drank.

I lied (obviously) and said that me and Mrs B share 3 bottles of white wine once a week on a Saturday night.

She cross referenced my answer on her chart and told me that under the NHS' new guidelines, I'd be classed as a binge-drinker.

She then gave me a load of bumf to take home and read and said that if I needed any help dealing with my "problem", I could log on to the NHS's website for advice.

It's a load of bollocks and yet another example of the government sticking its nose in where it doesn't belong.

Tory twats.

You should have asked her if she wanted to join you both for a few vinos and a minaj a troi!  Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:I think my username says quite a bit about me.  Very Happy 

I probably miss about 40 days in a year where I don't have a drink, averaging around 5 pints a night.

I drink because it makes me happy, although I don't need it to make me happy.

I stopped getting really toasted a good few years ago, after I woke up semi naked on a bicycle in my next door neighbours garden.

It made me chuckle that did!  Very Happy 

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I go for taste over effect anytime, although the effect is a pleasant byproduct.
What amuses me is these cnuts at the nhs that want you to stop smoking and not sup alcohol do it themselves!!

Soul Kitchen wrote:What amuses me is these cnuts at the nhs that want you to stop smoking and not sup alcohol do it themselves!!

Ye, how dare they do their jobs and try to improve patients' health CNUTS.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:I go for taste over effect anytime, although the effect is a pleasant byproduct.
What amuses me is these cnuts at the nhs that want you to stop smoking and not sup alcohol do it themselves!!

Spoken like a true alchi. 

"look mate, no no no, honest, no come here yeah, look right its the tasthe that i like"

"ok sir head down and in the back of the car please."

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Used to be a bit of a heavy drinker and was out most nights.  Nowadays its either a couple of drinks (and I mean couple as in 2) over the weekend or Friday night out after work - but normally have to be back in Bolton to catch the last bus at 1020pm - so not many pints!   That helped with the weightloss, massively!

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Anaesthetic is a defo before any BWFC match! God help any poor teetotal barsteward!!
And for the record I don't drink and drive..........at the same time.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure that the Cattle Market used to be a Whitbreads Pub in the seventies. All the staff from Edbro's used to go in there for a pint at lunchtime.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I drink every single night and have done for the last 30 years or so and I will continue to do so until the grim reaper says no more !

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:I'm sure that the Cattle Market used to be a Whitbreads Pub in the seventies. All the staff from Edbro's used to go in there for a pint at lunchtime.
Correct, used to go in when at college.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tigermin wrote:I drink every single night and have done for the last 30 years or so and I will continue to do so until the grim reaper says no more !

And how many do you drink a night Tiger?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What was the pub called on the corner opposite Newport Street? Diagonally opposite Sid's Butchers and the Griffin? It was a Wilson's house and the beer was shite.

The Painters Arms near Trinity Street station was another regular drinking spot but I can't remember whose beer they sold.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum