Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ipswich 1-0 Bolton

+21
Whitesince63
wessy
aaron_bwfc
Mr Magoo
Sluffy
Soul Kitchen
wanderlust
Tigermin
Triumph
Culcheth_White
observer
doffcocker
Norpig
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
scottjames30
luckyPeterpiper
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

21Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Thu Jan 30 2014, 21:29

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

doffcocker wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:4-0 Ipswich and Dougie happy with the commitment shown by players earning £20k per week.

We've had a good go at a few of the top teams now. I didn't see the QPR match, but a few people have said we were unlucky. I'll take their word for it despite knowing how fantastically carried away some people get.

It would be something to be encouraged by if we didn't consistently back these performances up with poor displays (and results) against weaker teams.

So, no optimism from me on this one.

With some luck and some better finishing, we would have won by two.  Still a porous defense who, for the first goal, allowed Austin to be unmarked and for the second goal, gathered eleven in front of Lonny so he couldn't see the shot.  Still, on any other day, we might have won by two... just a bit unlucky with posts and as always, poor finishing.

22Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Thu Jan 30 2014, 21:55

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We'll get a 1-1 draw at Ipswich and "the juke" will score on his full debut, well he has to do!

23Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Thu Jan 30 2014, 21:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:We'll get a 1-1 draw at Ipswich and "the juke" will score on his full debut, well he has to do!

He's not match fit.

24Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Thu Jan 30 2014, 22:13

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Culcheth_White wrote:We'll get a 1-1 draw at Ipswich and "the juke" will score on his full debut, well he has to do!

He's not match fit.

He will be by Saturday. He made a cameo appearance against QPR.

25Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Fri Jan 31 2014, 00:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Opposition watch: Ipswich Town

Currently residing just four points off a play-off berth courtesy of an impressive first half to their domestic campaign, Ipswich Town will certainly prove to be a tough test for the Whites this weekend.

With 40 points accumulated from their 28 league games so far, Mick McCarthy’s men have surprised many this term with their stubbornness and determination to prove their doubters wrong.

Despite having been fighting relegation for much of last season, the Tractor Boys hit back in the latter months of the campaign to finish a respectable 14th in the league standings, just eight points off sixth placed Leicester City.

Their fine form appears to have filtered through into the current term, with the Suffolk outfit having won ten of their games so far – seven of which have been on their home soil.

Coming into the game on the back of a hard earned point against Leeds United at Elland Road in midweek, McCarthy’s men have in fact won just one of their last seven league outings with that victory coming in their last home game against Reading.

A statistic which hasn’t affect the Portman Road outfit’s lofty position in the table as of yet, Ipswich will no doubt be looking to record a second consecutive victory in front of their own supporters when Bolton come to town this weekend.

Wanderers however will be keen to avenge last season’s cruel defeat suffered in this fixture, with Carlos Edwards’ 88th minute strike ensuring that the Whites made the long journey home empty handed.

Earlier this season meanwhile, David McGoldrick rescued a point for McCarthy’s side when the two teams met at the Reebok Stadium, with the frontman’s strike cancelling out Medo’s earlier opener.

A man who has been a revelation for the Tractor Boys this term with 14 goals in all competitions so far, McGoldrick notched against Leeds last time out and will no doubt be eager to add to his tally yet again come kick off this weekend.

A fixture which has been played competitively 36 times in the history of the game, Town currently narrowly hold the upper hand with 15 victories as opposed to Bolton’s 13 with there having been eight draws during that time.

This clash however does hold the statistic of being the last one to feature a competitive hat trick from a Bolton Wanderers player with Fredi Bobic’s treble in the Whites’ 4-1 win at the Reebok back in April 2002 still a fond memory for all involved with the club.

With Portman Road having developed a reputation as difficult place to visit this season though, Dougie Freedman and his side will have to be at the top of their game to ensure that they leave Ipswich with a positive result.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

26Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Fri Jan 31 2014, 06:35

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

2~0 Ipswich but we are nearly there and showed plenty determination,"Yeah right" just 2 strikers short of a 4-4-2

27Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Fri Jan 31 2014, 07:39

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He wont play 4-4-2 because he is a stubborn short arsed jock,we will get dicked again. 3-1

28Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Fri Jan 31 2014, 09:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't decide whether or not to go to this one after last year's thoroughly miserable performance at Portman Rd. Shit day out at a shit ground made worse by a toothless performance and a trip back on a train full of jubilant Ipswich fans.

Probably will though. If anyone here is going I'll probably be in the shit bar across the street from the shit railway station pre-match.

29Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Fri Jan 31 2014, 09:56

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

Will they have some of their luscious wholemeal baps for us to sample?  bounce

I'm sure Breadman will let you play with his moobs.

That will be infinitely better than juggling a pair of wonky false tits!!

30Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Fri Jan 31 2014, 10:03

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I fear the worst again on this one. Duggys incoherent tactics and a general malaise amongst the players will require plenty anaesthetic for travelling support.

31Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Fri Jan 31 2014, 10:14

We'll lose.

Again......

And nobody's getting their paws on my man-boobs.

They're mine to fiddle with and nobody else's. ::FU::

32Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Fri Jan 31 2014, 11:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tim Ream cleared to play at Ipswich

33Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Fri Jan 31 2014, 13:10

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:We'll lose.

Again......

And nobody's getting their paws on my man-boobs.

They're mine to fiddle with and nobody else's. ::FU::
Awww and I was really looking forward to that.  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad 

You meanie! Razz

34Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Fri Jan 31 2014, 13:11

Sorry, Pete.

It's probably for the best.

35Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Fri Jan 31 2014, 13:13

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:Sorry, Pete.

It's probably for the best.
Yeah, Wendy might be upset if I play with someone else's baps mate.  Very Happy 

Actually, in all seriousness I do quite fancy us to get a point tomorrow. I think we might just nick a 0-0 from it.

36Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Fri Jan 31 2014, 13:18

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i don't like to be the voice of doom but i seriously can't see us getting anything out of the game tomorrow, i just can't see where our goals are going to come from.

37Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Fri Jan 31 2014, 13:22

Don't worry, Norpig......

We've signed Jutkewotsit on loan and there's about a 10% chance we'll still get Joe Mason.

We've sold / loaned all our other strikers, so these two must be really good, because Dougie wouldn't leave us short, would he...?

He's the right man for the job, apparently.

38Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Fri Jan 31 2014, 13:29

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:Don't worry, Norpig......

We've signed Jutkewotsit on loan and there's about a 10% chance we'll still get Joe Mason.

We've sold / loaned all our other strikers, so these two must be really good, because Dougie wouldn't leave us short, would he...?

Actually breaders I have it on good authority that Adam Bogdan is going to play in his secretly preferred role as a striker and he's guaranteed Dougie a hat trick by the tenth minute.  Laughing 

Well, I can only imagine it's something along those lines 'cos dougie's seemingly not bothered by having no strikers that we actually own who are fit.

39Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Fri Jan 31 2014, 13:31

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Can't decide whether or not to go to this one after last year's thoroughly miserable performance at Portman Rd. Shit day out at a shit ground made worse by a toothless performance and a trip back on a train full of jubilant Ipswich fans.

Probably will though. If anyone here is going I'll probably be in the shit bar across the street from the shit railway station pre-match.
If Dougie lets you play striker will you go?  Even a shitty performance on a shitty day is as good as we expect from anyone else, so think about it.  After a lager or two, you will have the same finishing as our lads.

40Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Fri Jan 31 2014, 13:34

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Breadman wrote:Don't worry, Norpig......

Actually breaders I have it on good authority that Adam Bogdan is going to play in his secretly preferred role as a striker and he's guaranteed Dougie a hat trick by the tenth minute.  Laughing 

Well, I can only imagine it's something along those lines 'cos dougie's seemingly not bothered by having no strikers that we actually own who are fit.

I wonder how many people would guess that Dougie was once a striker himself.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum