Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ipswich 1-0 Bolton

+21
Whitesince63
wessy
aaron_bwfc
Mr Magoo
Sluffy
Soul Kitchen
wanderlust
Tigermin
Triumph
Culcheth_White
observer
doffcocker
Norpig
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
scottjames30
luckyPeterpiper
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

81Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Sat Feb 01 2014, 18:55

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This on facebook, from someone on reebok roar who attends every week, she spoke to the players as they were leaving,

Eagles.... the manager needs to start picking the right team.

Rob Hall...... gutted don't know why was,nt in squad, makes me wonder why the manager even bothered with a tribunal for me.

Pratley........ I have'nt a fucking clue whats going on.

Moritz....... just laughed when asked why he did'nt get any game time.

not saying this is true, but if it is Freedman has clearly lost the players.

82Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Sat Feb 01 2014, 18:58

Whites you're delusional if you actually believe what you've written there.

Even I'm losing faith at the moment, if we don't beat Bournemouth next week then I can't see him turning it around, but I still think the board will give him longer.

But I can't take your views on the club seriously, you've been inventing negative things about the club for too long, so I just can't give any credence to them. You've said yourself you've refused to watch a game since Dougie took over so I don't know how you form such strong opinions.

I don't know what's going to happen at the club, we're in a shit way maybe a new manager will help, I've got no idea.

83Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Sat Feb 01 2014, 19:00

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

MartinBWFC wrote:This on facebook, from someone on reebok roar who attends every week, she spoke to the players as they were leaving,

Eagles.... the manager needs to start picking the right team.

Rob Hall...... gutted don't know why was,nt in squad, makes me wonder why the manager even bothered with a tribunal for me.

Pratley........ I have'nt a fucking clue whats going on.

Moritz....... just laughed when asked why he did'nt get any game time.

not saying this is true, but if it is Freedman has clearly lost the players.

I think it's been pretty obvious by performances for a while now that it's not a happy camp. But then how can it be when not one single player is guaranteed a starting place each week? In out shake the team about!!! What a clown.

84Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Sat Feb 01 2014, 19:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Even I'm losing faith at the moment, if we don't beat Bournemouth next week then I can't see him turning it around, but I still think the board will give him longer.

Nah, a home defeat to Bournemouth will be a step too far for the fans and the board. Fingers crossed.

85Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Sat Feb 01 2014, 19:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:you know exactly where I'm coming from 74, your almost constant support of Freedman, however bad it gets, keeps him here.

So 74 is Eddie Davies?

86Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Sat Feb 01 2014, 19:06

Apparently so, I'm not sure how he uncovered me.

87Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Sat Feb 01 2014, 19:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Apparently so, I'm not sure how he uncovered me.

You fat kettle making wanker, fuck Freedman off tonight.

88Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Sat Feb 01 2014, 19:11

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc1874 wrote:Whites you're delusional if you actually believe what you've written there.

But I can't take your views on the club seriously, you've been inventing negative things about the club for too long, so I just can't give any credence to them. You've said yourself you've refused to watch a game since Dougie took over so I don't know how you form such strong opinions.

I don't know what's going to happen at the club, we're in a shit way maybe a new manager will help, I've got no idea.

I'm delusional?? The only one that makes things up here is you. I stopped going after the Doncaster game this season in a sole decision not to financially support him whilst criticising him. I was sick of driving home seething. You see that's the honourable thing to do which I wouldn't expect you to understand. As for inventing negative things about the club. I've stated facts, which you seem to want to completely ignore. If they're negative it's because we're in 20th spot in the table and are losing games for fun. Get a grip 74 and at least accept you're wrong like a man instead of proving you're a dick.

89Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Sat Feb 01 2014, 19:19

Whites you haven't posted facts at all, i.e. when you claimed Freedman treated Alonso disgustingly forced him out or most recently that Dawson was just okay for us because it fit your claim that we never made good loan signings. You've completely changed your tune on when you stopped going then, we won the Doncaster game 3-0 so that seems like a strange time to be seething...

I'm not going to apologise for giving my opinion on us and our situation. If Dougie goes and somebody comes in and gets a lot more out of these players then I'll know I was mistaken, doesn't make me wrong to have given my opinion though.

And yes you're delusional if you seriously think that me posting my opinions on here is having an influence on how the club is run, but that's probably something you'd describe as a fact.

90Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Sat Feb 01 2014, 20:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just back from the game and a bit pissed off as the Narch train was delayed for an hour. CYL was in the station with the two Korean girls that usually attend away matches getting a train to London which seemed a bit strange as he wasn't going back with the team. 
So the game...
Decent first half and we had the better chances but shooting was erratic. We came close to scoring on a couple of occasions but the rest was pretty dour.
Lonners gave away a stupid penalty (although in mitigation he seemed to slip and fall into their striker) and Ipswich were on top for 10 minutes or so after they scored.Then we got back into it but it was messy and didn't really threaten again.
Our back four were all excellent throughout and Knight was probably our best player. Our problem was the midfield who collectively were incapable of offering anything of note in the final third.
Pratley and Medo played well, but Spearing was poor especially his distribution. Trotter came on but didn't show much - neither did Eagles. 
The key difference for me was that Ipswich closed us down quickly whereas we gave them far too much time on the ball.
Up front, Juke worked hard but never really got a shooting chance and there was never enough support around him.
Interestingly, the disgruntled fans directed their anger at Gartside and at the players but not Freedman at the end of the game.
After all the kerfuffle about not getting a left back I don't see that as the problem - Ream was great.
Bottom line for me is that our midfield just isn't up to it. Not enough work rate in either closing down when out of possession or making runs forward and finding space when we had the ball.
Not sure if Trotter is the answer as he wasn't on long enough to get a real good look, but I am convinced that we need more pace, power, and above all effort in midfield.
Moritz might have made the difference but frankly without midfield runners finding space it would have been a thankless task.
My day was made complete by a trainload of jubilant Ipswich fans who were convinced they are heading for the playoffs, but they were lucky today as our back four kept them well under control and only a stupid penalty gave them the points.

91Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Sat Feb 01 2014, 20:59

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

How good exactly were these chances Wanderlust?

I've been to most the matches this season, and we usually create at best, a lot of chances where the player it fell to always had a tricky job on his hands to score. I then come home and read from people (mainly Dougie) that we created enough opportunities to win several matches.

I've said it before, we've forgotten what really good chances look like at Bolton. People now get excited when a player gets a shooting opportunity from a tight angle. Can anybody remember the last time a Bolton player was one on one with a keeper?

92Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Sat Feb 01 2014, 21:02

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Beckford vs Birmingham?

93Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Sat Feb 01 2014, 21:29

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc1874 wrote:Whites you haven't posted facts at all, i.e. when you claimed Freedman treated Alonso disgustingly forced him out or most recently that Dawson was just okay for us because it fit your claim that we never made good loan signings. You've completely changed your tune on when you stopped going then, we won the Doncaster game 3-0 so that seems like a strange time to be seething...

I'm not going to apologise for giving my opinion on us and our situation. If Dougie goes and somebody comes in and gets a lot more out of these players then I'll know I was mistaken, doesn't make me wrong to have given my opinion though.

And yes you're delusional if you seriously think that me posting my opinions on here is having an influence on how the club is run, but that's probably something you'd describe as a fact.

We beat Donny but if you ever went to a game you'd know how shite we were even with that score. Dawson is average which is why he can't get onto West Brom's team but if you think he's great it just shows again how little you know. You continually deny Alonso was treated badly at first by Freedman offered an insult of a contract so again it shows how very little you know. i think you're wrong though about your opinions not having an influence on how the clubs run, you seem to be totally in sync with Gartside and Freedman so you're in really good company!!

94Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Sun Feb 02 2014, 10:58

'We beat Donny but if you ever went to a game you'd know how shite we were even with that score.' - Been to plenty, last week you said you'd refused to go to a game since Freedman took over, now it's this.  scratch 

'Dawson is average which is why he can't get onto West Brom's team but if you think he's great it just shows again how little you know.' I've never said he's great but he's clearly better than what we have and showed that with the results with him in the team. The facts show a massive improvement so god knows how this shows how little i know.

'You continually deny Alonso was treated badly at first by Freedman offered an insult of a contract so again it shows how very little you know.' No Whites, you continually make this claim and refuse to back it up. Sorry for not believing your every word.

'i think you're wrong though about your opinions not having an influence on how the clubs run, you seem to be totally in sync with Gartside and Freedman so you're in really good company!!' My opinions clearly have little to no effect on the club, again you're delusional to believe anything to the contrary.

So true to form from you Whites - complete and utter nonsense of a post.

95Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Sun Feb 02 2014, 11:13

wanderlust wrote:Just back from the game and a bit pissed off as the Narch train was delayed for an hour. CYL was in the station with the two Korean girls that usually attend away matches getting a train to London which seemed a bit strange as he wasn't going back with the team. 
So the game...
Decent first half and we had the better chances but shooting was erratic. We came close to scoring on a couple of occasions but the rest was pretty dour.
Lonners gave away a stupid penalty (although in mitigation he seemed to slip and fall into their striker) and Ipswich were on top for 10 minutes or so after they scored.Then we got back into it but it was messy and didn't really threaten again.
Our back four were all excellent throughout and Knight was probably our best player. Our problem was the midfield who collectively were incapable of offering anything of note in the final third.
Pratley and Medo played well, but Spearing was poor especially his distribution. Trotter came on but didn't show much - neither did Eagles. 
The key difference for me was that Ipswich closed us down quickly whereas we gave them far too much time on the ball.
Up front, Juke worked hard but never really got a shooting chance and there was never enough support around him.
Interestingly, the disgruntled fans directed their anger at Gartside and at the players but not Freedman at the end of the game.
After all the kerfuffle about not getting a left back I don't see that as the problem - Ream was great.
Bottom line for me is that our midfield just isn't up to it. Not enough work rate in either closing down when out of possession or making runs forward and finding space when we had the ball.
Not sure if Trotter is the answer as he wasn't on long enough to get a real good look, but I am convinced that we need more pace, power, and above all effort in midfield.
Moritz might have made the difference but frankly without midfield runners finding space it would have been a thankless task.
My day was made complete by a trainload of jubilant Ipswich fans who were convinced they are heading for the playoffs, but they were lucky today as our back four kept them well under control and only a stupid penalty gave them the points.

Thanks for this Lust, a decent report. The failure to close down teams well enough is something that's been true all season, we simply don't apply enough pressure onto the ball and let teams come onto us I think it's a big contributor to our problems we have to be the worst team in the division when we're out of possession.

Creativity is a big problem, the onus is on the 3 behind the Juke Mavies, Danns and Pratley. I think we need Moritz starting far more often to be honest, but my biggest problem with our squad is the lack of pace in that area, we're crap on the counter because we don't do it fast enough. Feeney showed how effective it could be.

I'd start Trotter alongside Medo for the next few games, that should give us better balance in midfield. If Beckford's fit I think he'll play 2 up front against Bournemouth, he did in the away fixture.

96Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Sun Feb 02 2014, 11:36

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's time for Dougie to give Spearing a rest and just play Medo. The fans can see it so why not Dougie?

97Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Sun Feb 02 2014, 11:39

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I don't think Dougie has the balls to even think of dropping his captain and probably one of the biggest earners on the books.

You're right he does need a few games on the bench but it won't happen IMO.

98Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Sun Feb 02 2014, 12:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:How good exactly were these chances Wanderlust?

I've been to most the matches this season, and we usually create at best, a lot of chances where the player it fell to always had a tricky job on his hands to score. I then come home and read from people (mainly Dougie) that we created enough opportunities to win several matches.

I've said it before, we've forgotten what really good chances look like at Bolton. People now get excited when a player gets a shooting opportunity from a tight angle. Can anybody remember the last time a Bolton player was one on one with a keeper?
Half chances - nothing clear cut and that is the problem. There was one through ball when a relatively pacy striker like Beckford or Odelusi might have pulled clear for a 1 on 1 with the goalie but Juke got caught - otherwise it was mainly scraps - a couple of first half snap shots that were close but drifted wide.

99Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Sun Feb 02 2014, 12:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Just back from the game and a bit pissed off as the Narch train was delayed for an hour. CYL was in the station with the two Korean girls that usually attend away matches getting a train to London which seemed a bit strange as he wasn't going back with the team. 
So the game...

Thanks for this Lust, a decent report. The failure to close down teams well enough is something that's been true all season, we simply don't apply enough pressure onto the ball and let teams come onto us I think it's a big contributor to our problems we have to be the worst team in the division when we're out of possession.

Creativity is a big problem, the onus is on the 3 behind the Juke Mavies, Danns and Pratley. I think we need Moritz starting far more often to be honest, but my biggest problem with our squad is the lack of pace in that area, we're crap on the counter because we don't do it fast enough. Feeney showed how effective it could be.

I'd start Trotter alongside Medo for the next few games, that should give us better balance in midfield. If Beckford's fit I think he'll play 2 up front against Bournemouth, he did in the away fixture.
For once the defence looked really solid but that just exposed our lack of running from midfield. Maybe it was because we had both Medo and Spearing on for much of the game but there were seldom players in space to pass to so there was a lot of side to side passing which broke down in the final third.

100Ipswich 1-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Ipswich 1-0 Bolton Sun Feb 02 2014, 15:48

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc1874 wrote:'We beat Donny but if you ever went to a game you'd know how shite we were even with that score.' - Been to plenty, last week you said you'd refused to go to a game since Freedman took over, now it's this.  scratch 

'Dawson is average which is why he can't get onto West Brom's team but if you think he's great it just shows again how little you know.' I've never said he's great but he's clearly better than what we have and showed that with the results with him in the team. The facts show a massive improvement so god knows how this shows how little i know.

'You continually deny Alonso was treated badly at first by Freedman offered an insult of a contract so again it shows how very little you know.' No Whites, you continually make this claim and refuse to back it up. Sorry for not believing your every word.

'i think you're wrong though about your opinions not having an influence on how the clubs run, you seem to be totally in sync with Gartside and Freedman so you're in really good company!!' My opinions clearly have little to no effect on the club, again you're delusional to believe anything to the contrary.

So true to form from you Whites - complete and utter nonsense of a post.

74 this is the last time I'm going to respond to you because you're clearly a moron. First please find for me anywhere in any of my posts where I said I hadn't been or wouldn't go since Freedman has been there. After the Doncaster game I'd had enough and said so.

Second Freedman offered Alonso a much reduced contract when he arrived which it was reported in the BEN that he was less than happy with. Freedman resounded take it or leave it. That's insulting.

Third, my sarcasm obviously went over head. I'll try and keep things simple in future so you can understand the humour.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum