Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are we on the verge of another 'cold war'?

+15
Copper Dragon
scottjames30
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
Angry Dad
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
Banks of the Croal
Mr Magoo
NickFazer
gloswhite
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
Reebok_Rebel
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I'm sure the good old USA would intervene and help us,  we do have a 'special' relationship

Provided they didn't turn up 3 years too late...

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ha ha, why the fuck would Russia invade the UK?

Some of you really need to watch the news or read a proper newspaper.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've never once implied that Russia would invade the UK.

I've simply said this could set off a chain of events that could end up destroying 2 thirds of the world.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:I've never once implied that Russia would invade the UK.

I've simply said this could set off a chain of events that could end up destroying 2 thirds of the world.

Whittam Towers will be safe. We have a defence shield.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Is it similar to the ones in harry potter?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've never seen Harry Potter, but I'll guess at 'no'.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rebel, you do realise the Ukraine is nowhere near the UK right?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Rebel, you do realise the Ukraine is nowhere near the UK right?

Your not that stupid, right?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But why is the fighting in the Ukraine scary? It'll sort itself out in the end, no one can afford a war these days, especially Russia.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It is scary to see any conflict honestly but i still fail to see any advantage, tactically or otherwise why it would serve anyone to have a world war.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:It is scary to see any conflict honestly but i still fail to see any advantage, tactically or otherwise why it would serve anyone to have a world war.

Putin does not think like what would be considered 'normal' - he's old school Russian.

We cant afford a war, neither can anyone really - however, Putin appears to be attempting to rebuild an empire (the soviet union mk2) Russian politics and society is build around the general population suffering hardship and blaming it on the fascist 'west' - economic collapse or exclusion from the worlds leaders 'top table' makes no odd's to them. They have (thus do not need) oil and gas, they are capable of making their own stuff in factories instead of importing it, they do not rely on exports as much as other countries do (they mainly export gas)

Worrying thing is, that Russians are used to going through hardship to obtain the 'end goal' - 'greatness for mother Russia' ... the propaganda war has already started with them - check RT for the latest anti-western propaganda, its all over there and the media is controlled by Putin and his croneys - they read what he WANTS them to read. The population know nothing of the truth - only what putin tells them is the truth.

the reality is, the west is not stupid, we all know full well those 'freedom fighters' who are not Russian citizens - are, in fact... Russian special forces.

An agreement to help de-escalate the crisis has not been implemented by Putin.

He denies involvement... then says he will mobilize troops to 'protect Russian citizens' ... if these fighters are NOT Russian citizens, then why does he have anyone to protect... surely that's Ukraine job?

Problem is... Ukraine cant help itself as half the military and police have defected, and the 'non-Russian, pro-Russian, heavily armed, men off the street, russian special forces poeple' have seized most of their resources.

to all intents and purposes, this is an invasion.

(typed on my phone)

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I was right 3 months ago - this has escalated to ridiculous levels now. 

Even David Cameron has now stated that we may have to intervene - even if that means in a military context. 

All major wars seem to have one or more small trigger points were the whole thing escalates out of control, I have a feeling this plane [attack] crash could be the trigger for a major conflict. Its an incident of international outrage and countries that were pretty neutral in all this have been dragged in to the mess - especially the dutch. 

WW1 - Shooting of Archduke Franz Ferdinand and extensive Russian arms building - This caused various 'mini alliances' that eventually turned into 2 factions that went to war. 

WW2 - Japan kicking off with China, Boycott by Polish Jews of German goods in 1937, Hitler then invaded Poland, due to alliances formed following WW1 (treaty of Versailles) we were dragged in to it to defend Poland... and that was that. 

I fear Vladimir Putin actually wants a war, Like ive said before, they are becoming more communist every day - the media appears to be fully state controlled now, even the so-called 'free-speaking' RT is coming out with more contradictory bullshit than an actual bull. 

Mother Russia needs an enemy, its how their society works, the people are used to (and even like) suffering and hardship - during WW2 the retreating Russians actually destroyed entire city's in their own country - totally flattened them - just so that the enemy would have conquered a wasteland - worth nothing and purged of all resources and value, the people where not even fazed by this. 

They would rather spend money on Nuclear Weapons than anything else. They do not fear a major conflict like we do - their line of thinking is, "we don't care if our country gets destroyed in a nuclear holocaust, we will die happy knowing that we have also flattened two-thirds of the world ourselves."

It is getting pretty scary this. Anyone else bothered?

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Yeh, Putin has the characteristics of an insane warmonger. I noticed on flight radar since Friday Donats is getting a wide birth now. That wasn't so before.

" the media appears to be fully state controlled now, even the so-called 'free-speaking' RT is coming out with more contradictory bullshit than an actual bull. "

Why, what's Reebok Trotter said now?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree with Rebel's comments but I am staying well out of it!!!  Very Happy 

Glasnost and Perestroika seem like a lifetime ago.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rebel, Russia doesn't want war because it simply couldn't win and it's already skint. The West doesn't want war because it would cost too much and Russia would cut the power lines.

They'll shout and posture for a few weeks before agreeing to disagree.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"The West" seems to want to avoid conflict but get rid of Putin.
That's not likely to happen, not only because of the control he has but because Russians love a strong leader especially if he's a bullying prick - it's inbuilt into the national psyche.
Putin would only ever go if he was replaced with another aggressive leader.

Megson....?

Natasha Whittam wrote:Rebel, Russia doesn't want war because it simply couldn't win and it's already skint. The West doesn't want war because it would cost too much and Russia would cut the power lines.

They'll shout and posture for a few weeks before agreeing to disagree.

Spot on.

I'm glad to see your over dramatic edge isn't reserved for the Wanderers though Rebel.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum