Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Female managers by 2022?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Female managers by 2022? Empty Female managers by 2022? Wed Apr 04 2012, 15:24

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Coming away from any match at the Reebok, I hear male fans discussing how "he should have gone (insert formation), and played (insert player names), and he shouldn't have took (insert whoever) off and he should have brought (insert whoever) on", I hear females coming out with stuff along the lines of "well at least it's one point gained, and it will give us the confidence to go into the next game and win" and "I think we need to get behind (insert player's name who's been terrible for months/years) and that will give him a bit of confidence".

There's an undeniable difference in the way men and women interpret the game. Would you want a woman in control of Bolton Wanderers?

This is the article for those that want a read.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17604014

2Female managers by 2022? Empty Re: Female managers by 2022? Wed Apr 04 2012, 15:27

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

haha you have to love that opening quote by Sanchez, and it basically sums up why there won't be any female managers.

3Female managers by 2022? Empty Re: Female managers by 2022? Wed Apr 04 2012, 15:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Could a female manager be any worse than Gary Megson or Bryan Robson?

Cherie Lunghi proved it can be done.

Female managers by 2022? Mgr20093

4Female managers by 2022? Empty Re: Female managers by 2022? Wed Apr 04 2012, 15:49

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It will never happen, certainly not in the lifetime of anyone old enough to be using this board.

There are a few rare exceptions of course, but the vast majority of professional football managers are ex-professional footballers. Top jobs in football are a closed shop to outsiders. To be on the inside, you have to have been a professional footballer.

It's simply a world of men, that could be considered sexist, but it's just the way it is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum