Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hillsborough

+26
rogercpc
Norpig
gloswhite
okocha
luckyPeterpiper
rammywhite
Fabians Right Peg
Boggersbelief
Bwfc1958
Reebok Trotter
Banks of the Croal
Culcheth_White
Hipster_Nebula
Hip Priest
karlypants
bwfc71
wessy
Copper Dragon
boltonbonce
Sluffy
wanderlust
scottjames30
doffcocker
Tigermin
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

81Hillsborough  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hillsborough Wed Apr 27 2016, 10:25

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

#playingthevictim

82Hillsborough  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hillsborough Wed Apr 27 2016, 10:35

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'm glad its all over, and that the relatives achieved what they did. Hopefully they can now come to terms with their loss.
Hip Priest, your post is spot on I think., Unfortunately, we are now in a society where nobody says 'Sorry', or accepts responsibility.  Over the years, I've seen many big decisions being acted upon, but when it goes wrong, nobody seems to know who, where, or when the decision was made. In this case its taken 27 years to find the truth, and pinpoint the decision maker, and to uncover the lies and following cover up.
We all know mistakes were made, and if this was accepted by those directly involved, in the beginning, then this could have been settled so much earlier, without the heartbreak and grief. 
I feel the person/s who deliberately made the decision to lie and falsify records, statements, etc, should be sought, and punished.

83Hillsborough  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hillsborough Wed Apr 27 2016, 10:36

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

#hopfullywewonthearaboutiteveragain

84Hillsborough  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hillsborough Wed Apr 27 2016, 11:02

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

#wedefinitelywill

#someonewillcomplainabouttheirhotdogbeingcold

85Hillsborough  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hillsborough Wed Apr 27 2016, 11:05

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

#pairofdicks

86Hillsborough  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hillsborough Wed Apr 27 2016, 11:15

#Isitjustmethatcantreadhashtagsineedsomespacesstillcantunderstandscotts

87Hillsborough  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hillsborough Wed Apr 27 2016, 11:43

rogercpc

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

doffcocker wrote:How many times throughout history have a load of fans turned up to a match ticketless? Countless.
How many other times did 96 people die? None.

But it's about more than a few coppers that didn't do their jobs properly. It's the lies that were told for years about the Liverpool fans. It made absolute sense for the police to deflect the blame onto a load of pissed up working class people, and that's what they did.
They lied about the gates being forced open, and the scousers were systematically made out to be the scum of the earth.

It's absolutely sickening.

totally agree :clap:

88Hillsborough  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hillsborough Wed Apr 27 2016, 12:19

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:#pairofdicks

Direct your abuse elsewhere

89Hillsborough  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hillsborough Wed Apr 27 2016, 12:45

I'm still a bit conflicted about all this if I'm honest.

Yes, it's great that the truth has finally been acknowledged and all the lies exposed and all that stuff but I'm a little uncomfortable with the way things appear to be moving for a couple of reasons.

Since the verdict was announced, I've heard several commentators use the phrase "the real heroes on the day were the Liverpool fans".

It seems that the way it's being painted now, everybody else involved on the day was either criminally negligent or willfully complicit in what went on, from the St John's ambulance medics to Sheffield City Council and everybody in between.

I'm all for the truth of what went on coming out but it looks to me that the only accepted truth now is one wherein everybody there that day wearing a Liverpool scarf is some sort of hero because they were the only ones who did anything to try and help the victims.

If we're going to rewrite history, fair enough, but let's get it right this time and not simply replace one incorrect narrative with a different (equally incorrect) one, just because it fits with a certain group's agenda.

Those of us who are old enough to remember this happening are also old enough to remember the terrible events at Heysel unfolding live on our TV screens a couple of years before.

So it's difficult for me to accept this new version of history where all Liverpool fans are saintly figures who wouldn't hurt a fly because it wasn't like that.

Celebrity Rent-A-Scouser Peter Hooton of The Farm was on the radio yesterday banging on about how the police formed a cordon across the pitch and refused to help with the first aid because they were "awaiting orders".

This is anecdotal bollocks from a man who I remember appearing in a documentary on football and fashion about 15 years ago talking about how he and his scally mates spent the 80's ducking and diving their way across Europe watching Liverpool, fighting and shoplifting Kappa tracksuits along the way.

But now suddenly, he's painting himself as being a sober, mature individual who couldn't believe that the police wouldn't help him.

So yeah, it's great that the truth's out now officially, but I'm a little uncomfortable with some of the language and sentiment I'm hearing because a lot of it is vacuous pandering and I think it's gone too far.

90Hillsborough  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hillsborough Wed Apr 27 2016, 15:41

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

There is video evidence of the police forming the cordon you mention right across the pitch, and simply standing and watching the mayhem in front of them. 

The BBC has a sober summary of everything leading up to yesterday on its online pages today. Well worth reading. The facts bring tears to our eyes.

We have watched Line of Duty on BBC and thought that a scripted play could not be truly representative of reality as regards corruption in the police force, aided by collusion from the media and politicians.....but now see that it bears a striking resemblance to the truth of what can happen when reputation is at stake. 

I note that the only newspapers not to feature Hillsborough on its front pages are the two owned by Rupert Murdoch. What does that tell us?

Also watch Andy Burnham's speech to the HOC which received a standing ovation.

Breadman, I usually respect what you say, but your phrase "celebrity rent-a-scouser" is horribly inappropriate and one likely to keep victims' emotions bubbling unnecessarily. It's precisely this sort of terminology which The Sun might have used and which the city of Liverpool deserves to have laid to rest now as derogatory.

91Hillsborough  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hillsborough Wed Apr 27 2016, 16:05

Why is my use of the phrase "celebrity rent-a-scouser" "horribly inappropriate"?

He's a Scouser and he makes his living from popping up on TV as a talking head anytime someone wants a Scouse view on things.

Hence, rent-a-Scouser.

And to be honest, if we're getting precious about it, your assertion that my choice of phrase is in some way akin to the frankly disgraceful bollocks about Liverpool fans pick-pocketing dead bodies and the like, published by The Sun, I find that very offensive.

92Hillsborough  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hillsborough Wed Apr 27 2016, 16:41

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Okocha is offended by the slightest thing. Bore off

93Hillsborough  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hillsborough Wed Apr 27 2016, 16:54

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The current Chief Constable of South Yorkshire Police has been suspended today. I am now waiting to see if Tony Blair will be arrested over the WMD bollocks he spouted during the Iraq war.

94Hillsborough  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hillsborough Wed Apr 27 2016, 16:59

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:The current Chief Constable of South Yorkshire Police has been suspended today. I am now waiting to see if Tony Blair will be arrested over the WMD bollocks he spouted during the Iraq war.
Tony Blair was a puppet for the illuminati, no way will he ever be arrested.

95Hillsborough  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hillsborough Wed Apr 27 2016, 17:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well it seems to me that the current Chief Constable of South Yorkshire is a scapegoat/patsy/ puppet as well.

96Hillsborough  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hillsborough Wed Apr 27 2016, 17:04

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:Well it seems to me that the current Chief Constable of South Yorkshire is a scapegoat/patsy/ puppet as well.
But he didn't work for the illuminati, they'll send him down for years.

97Hillsborough  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hillsborough Wed Apr 27 2016, 17:29

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The term Scouser was used in a defamatory way in the 80s and beyond.  It became synonymous with scroungers, dimwits and dishonesty. If you listen to some of the victims of the catastrophe, they refer to the stereotype as something they'd like to consign to the past, due to the findings yesterday that it was the "establishment" that was dishonest, not Liverpudlians.

I agree with you though, Breadman, that they should not have been described as "heroes"......and I most certainly was not implying any connection between the Sun's assertions and your words.

So sorry if this is boring to you, Boggers. I'll try to be more like you in future.

98Hillsborough  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hillsborough Wed Apr 27 2016, 17:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ex Sun editor Kelvin MacKenzie is claiming he was 'duped'. Arsehole.

99Hillsborough  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hillsborough Wed Apr 27 2016, 17:55

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

To be fair Okocha, Breadman has been wrong throughout this two year old thread and will be too proud to admit it.

He's not the only one mind.

100Hillsborough  - Page 5 Empty Re: Hillsborough Wed Apr 27 2016, 20:04

Scouser is derogatory?  What about geordie? Cockney? Ffs

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum