Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Froch and Groves at it again.

+6
Hip Priest
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
Angry Dad
Sluffy
scottjames30
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

31Froch and Groves at it again. - Page 3 Empty Re: Froch and Groves at it again. Sun May 25 2014, 20:33

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All this being said , Groves gave Froch a boxing lesson for eight rounds, hit him with some bigs shots, what not to say he'll find the target as often in this match?

Adam Booth says Grove's speed will be the difference.

32Froch and Groves at it again. - Page 3 Empty Re: Froch and Groves at it again. Tue May 27 2014, 10:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Froch is getting on a bit and I thought he was below par for the first fight whilst Groves was at the top of his game. By the same token Froch has the potential to improve more on his performance in the first fight.
Also depends on whether or not Groves learns from his mistakes and especially what to do when he gets caught. And he definitely will get caught by Froch at some stage.

33Froch and Groves at it again. - Page 3 Empty Re: Froch and Groves at it again. Tue May 27 2014, 10:58

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Froch is getting on a bit and I thought he was below par for the first fight whilst Groves was at the top of his game. By the same token Froch has the potential to improve more on his performance in the first fight.
Also depends on whether or not Groves learns from his mistakes and especially what to do when he gets caught. And he definitely will get caught by Froch at some stage.

Groves has said that Froch is getting Knocked out, and on Thursday he will tell everyone what punch he is going to do it with.

34Froch and Groves at it again. - Page 3 Empty Re: Froch and Groves at it again. Tue May 27 2014, 11:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:Ok but if the ref had let it continue and say groves suffered a terrible injury how would that have gone down? They would have said the ref should have stopped it, he has to do what's right he's right on the spot,anyway groves gets to fight another day and may well win but all said and done he's a thoroughly unpleasant individual but he deserves the best protection from the ref same as any fighter and for me the ref did his job that night and does not deserve what he got for protecting groves. What's worrying is after groves crying about refs and last time I heard they could'nt get one to do the job next week and will he be scared to stop it if groves or froch is getting battered? Groves has had too much imput on the choice of ref for the rematch.
Sure they would have said that but you know my opinion on the timing of the stoppage.

I don't prefer either fighter. They're both professional fighters so their image, hype and bravado is important to them - but means nothing. All the pro fighters I've met are completely different from their image even going back to the days when self-promotion wasn't the be all and end all. As far as image goes I don't think Froch did himself any favours in the post fight interview on the apron and I think he wants to make amends PR wise so he can (eventually?) go out to public acclaim.
He does deserve it as he hasn't shied away from top opponents unlike some British fighters.

35Froch and Groves at it again. - Page 3 Empty Re: Froch and Groves at it again. Tue May 27 2014, 13:15

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i hope Froch knocks him out, never liked Groves even before the first fight. I think Froch will be better prepared for this fight, perhaps he underestimated Groves in the first fight but i can't see him doing it again this time

36Froch and Groves at it again. - Page 3 Empty Re: Froch and Groves at it again. Tue May 27 2014, 13:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Froch is getting on a bit and I thought he was below par for the first fight whilst Groves was at the top of his game. By the same token Froch has the potential to improve more on his performance in the first fight.

Groves has said that Froch is getting Knocked out, and on Thursday he will tell everyone what punch he is going to do it with.

That is a stupid thing to say. There's enough hype surrounding this fight already without this. Tickets are all sold aren't they?

Needs to change his script writer.

37Froch and Groves at it again. - Page 3 Empty Re: Froch and Groves at it again. Tue May 27 2014, 13:35

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Not keen on either of them but want froch to win, i feel it was froch that was denied a clear win by the ref not the other way round.

38Froch and Groves at it again. - Page 3 Empty Re: Froch and Groves at it again. Tue May 27 2014, 13:37

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Groves reckons he'll knockout Froch within six rounds.

Thud!

39Froch and Groves at it again. - Page 3 Empty Re: Froch and Groves at it again. Tue May 27 2014, 13:42

To be fair to Groves, didn't he say something similar last time about putting Froch down in the first round.....before doing it?

40Froch and Groves at it again. - Page 3 Empty Re: Froch and Groves at it again. Tue May 27 2014, 13:48

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:To be fair to Groves, didn't he say something similar last time about putting Froch down in the first round.....before doing it?

Yes, he is so confidant about knocking him out, that he is going to tell Froch what punch he is going to do it with.

Cool

41Froch and Groves at it again. - Page 3 Empty Re: Froch and Groves at it again. Tue May 27 2014, 14:04

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

He really is a twat.

42Froch and Groves at it again. - Page 3 Empty Re: Froch and Groves at it again. Tue May 27 2014, 14:10

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Its a desperate attempt to unsettle froch which he has not been able to do this time, do worry that its one fight too many for froch though.

43Froch and Groves at it again. - Page 3 Empty Re: Froch and Groves at it again. Tue May 27 2014, 14:11

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I reckon groves was bullied at school.

44Froch and Groves at it again. - Page 3 Empty Re: Froch and Groves at it again. Tue May 27 2014, 14:22

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:Its a desperate attempt to unsettle froch which he has not been able to do this time, do worry that its one fight too many for froch though.

Groves stops Froch in the first six rounds, or Froch stops groves in the second half of the fight.

45Froch and Groves at it again. - Page 3 Empty Re: Froch and Groves at it again. Tue May 27 2014, 14:39

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

scottjames30 wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:Its a desperate attempt to unsettle froch which he has not been able to do this time, do worry that its one fight too many for froch though.

Groves stops Froch in the first six rounds, or Froch stops groves in the second half of the fight.
 :like:

46Froch and Groves at it again. - Page 3 Empty Re: Froch and Groves at it again. Tue May 27 2014, 16:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Agree that the longer it goes on, the more likely that Froch will win - unless Groves learns how to recover from a punch or Froch changes his game plan.
It's nicely set up.

47Froch and Groves at it again. - Page 3 Empty Re: Froch and Groves at it again. Wed May 28 2014, 20:58

I was adamant that I wouldn't fall for all the hype surrounding this fight and wind up paying to watch it.

But the more I've seen of the build up, the more convinced I am that it's not act and these two genuinely despise each other.

So I've paid my money to Sky and I now can't wait for Saturday night's fun and games.

And for the record, I think Groves is well and truly inside Froch's head, which will probably mean that Froch will try too hard to knock him out in the early rounds and Groves will catch him again and put him down.

48Froch and Groves at it again. - Page 3 Empty Re: Froch and Groves at it again. Thu May 29 2014, 03:11

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I think groves  will be killed.

49Froch and Groves at it again. - Page 3 Empty Re: Froch and Groves at it again. Thu May 29 2014, 03:13

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

It would be the only way to shut him up.

50Froch and Groves at it again. - Page 3 Empty Re: Froch and Groves at it again. Thu May 29 2014, 19:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Had money on Groves last time,but I just can't call it this time. Just gonna sit back and enjoy. It could be a classic.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum