Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Robbing EON bastards.

+2
Reebok Trotter
Bolton Nuts
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Robbing EON bastards. Empty Robbing EON bastards. Wed May 07 2014, 11:58

We live in a two bedroomed semi, it's nothing special and it's always been fairly cheap to run (as it were).

However, we had our electricity meter read last week and today I've received a new bill.

We've been paying about £40 a month for our electricity with EON for a couple of years and it's never fluctuated much.

Until today that is........

The cheeky bastards have decided that we're now somehow £340 in arrears with them.

Despite our usage not having increased dramatically and the tariff being the same as it always has.

But it gets better.....

They've decided that between now and our "Annual Energy Review" at the end of October, we will probably use a shit load more electricity, so they've decided that our new DD amount will be.....

....£122 a month! 

So in effect, we've got to pay a premium, through the nose, starting now, for electricity that we haven't even fucking used yet!

Bastards!!

Utter, utter bastards!!!!

2Robbing EON bastards. Empty Re: Robbing EON bastards. Wed May 07 2014, 12:55

Bolton Nuts

Admin

£122 per month, it must be their new go to figure, it's exactly the same as mine has just changed to.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

3Robbing EON bastards. Empty Re: Robbing EON bastards. Wed May 07 2014, 12:57

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was paying way over the odds with British Gas for my electricity. I switched via Marks and Spencers and it's a lot cheaper. Better to shop around than just pay it.

4Robbing EON bastards. Empty Re: Robbing EON bastards. Wed May 07 2014, 13:07

They can shove it up their arse.

And I've just mentioned Biggie's comment in my e-mail to them - fuckers!

Just been on that meerkat thingy and I can get it with somebody else for forty quid.

And the wife gets baby Oleg to shove in a box under the bed with all the rest of 'em.

5Robbing EON bastards. Empty Re: Robbing EON bastards. Wed May 07 2014, 13:08

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I'm with Npower just got my latest bills Gas-£511.22 and Elec-£331-93......24 Dec to 7 Apr affraid

6Robbing EON bastards. Empty Re: Robbing EON bastards. Wed May 07 2014, 14:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

They've decided that between now and our "Annual Energy Review" at the end of October, we will probably use a shit load more electricity, so they've decided that our new DD amount will be.....

....£122 a month! 

A friend of mine is quite high up in a major energy supplier - they dramatically inflate your estimated usage so you overpay, hence they have millions of pounds sitting in their bank account earning interest.

Let's say two million customers overpay by £200 over the course of a year - your energy supplier takes the interest on £400m. Nice.

Of course you don't have to accept their figures, but most people do. Idiots.

7Robbing EON bastards. Empty Re: Robbing EON bastards. Wed May 07 2014, 14:20

Natasha Whittam wrote:

They dramatically inflate your estimated usage so you overpay, hence they have millions of pounds sitting in their bank account earning interest.

Interestingly enough, in their reply to my e-mail, they've just divulged that our gas account with them is actually £318 in credit - surprise, surprise!

When were you planning on telling me about that then, EON, if I hadn't kicked up a fuss.....?

I've just rung 'em and suggested that they use this credit balance to off-set the electricity debit, but apparently it doesn't work like that.

Ok then, I said, send me a cheque and I'll use it to pay the electricity bill.

"Er....sorry, can't do that either" he said rather sheepishly "They're completely separate accounts. One's Gas and one's Electricity."

Do you work for EON? I asked him.

"Yes" he said.

Do I pay EON for my electricity?

"Yes"

Do I pay EON for my gas?

"Yes........"

Are you being deliberately obstructive?

"Erm....no. I'm just a call-handler......."

Fucking useless........

8Robbing EON bastards. Empty Re: Robbing EON bastards. Wed May 07 2014, 16:11

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They're just trying to make a killing, so they can call it a day a bit earlier, and people like you have to pay for it.

9Robbing EON bastards. Empty Re: Robbing EON bastards. Wed May 07 2014, 16:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Set up a business in your front room then offset say 50% of your fuel bills against the business on the basis that it's where you spend most of your time (having a business and all) and paying the bills from the business account. As the E-on account is on a domestic supply basis and they're overcharging in advance take the readings yourself and ask for a rebate rather than an account credit. The rebate money will come to you and you'll reduce your business tax liability in one legally grey fell swoop.

10Robbing EON bastards. Empty Re: Robbing EON bastards. Wed May 07 2014, 17:10

I've got an accountant who's like you.

Very creative mind........

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum