Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This striker business - speculation

+18
carrs
finlaymcdanger
Keegan
Reebok_Rebel
BoltonTillIDie
White84
boltonbonce
CAMPO
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
rammywhite
wessy
bryan458
luckyPeterpiper
terenceanne
Norpig
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41This striker business - speculation - Page 3 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Wed Jul 16 2014, 22:46

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Dougie expects to sign two or three players before the Watford game.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

42This striker business - speculation - Page 3 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Wed Jul 16 2014, 23:13

Keegan wrote:Dougie expects to sign two or three players before the Watford game.

How do you get to know this shit in Jamaica when those of us living in Bolton  generally hear fuck all regarding what's going on?

Does Gartside's evil control of the media not extend to the Caribbean?

Good.

He's not all-powerful after all.

We can defeat him......

43This striker business - speculation - Page 3 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Thu Jul 17 2014, 00:03

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie is quoting as saying he wants 2-3 more players [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

44This striker business - speculation - Page 3 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Thu Jul 17 2014, 00:10

All due respect to everybody, but that article says he'd "like" to sign two or three more players.

Not "expects" to sign them, just he would like to.

I'd "like" to drive a Ferrari 458 but I'll never get to do it.

I drive a Hyundai S3 Coupe with a 2.7 V6 engine in it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It looks good and isn't slow but it ain't no 458.

There is a difference........

Last edited by Breadman on Thu Jul 17 2014, 00:27; edited 1 time in total

45This striker business - speculation - Page 3 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Thu Jul 17 2014, 00:11

Christ, that was like "Whittam Lite" wasn't it...?

But you get my drift......

46This striker business - speculation - Page 3 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Thu Jul 17 2014, 00:38

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Tokyo Drift?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

47This striker business - speculation - Page 3 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Thu Jul 17 2014, 00:47

Nah, it's front-wheel drive and (more importantly) I'm a 44 year old man with a wife and family who restricts his fucking about in cars to the X-Box.....

I once did do a handbrake turn in my Mini on Smithills School top level car park, though.

Shit meself, if I'm hones,t and couldn't get it in gear after and stalled it......

And my drift is firmly rooted in Bolton, not Tokyo......... Very Happy

48This striker business - speculation - Page 3 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Thu Jul 17 2014, 08:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Nah, it's front-wheel drive and (more importantly) I'm a 44 year old man with a wife and family who restricts his fucking about in cars to the X-Box.....

I once did do a handbrake turn in my Mini on Smithills School top level car park, though.

Shit meself, if I'm hones,t and couldn't get it in gear after and stalled it......

And my drift is firmly rooted in Bolton, not Tokyo......... Very Happy

Look at me, look at me!

49This striker business - speculation - Page 3 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Thu Jul 17 2014, 15:12

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing

50This striker business - speculation - Page 3 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Fri Jul 18 2014, 15:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Has Odelusi gone to MK Dons yet? If so they kept that quiet. But I reckon he's still on the books which means we currently have Beckford, Cavies, Eaves, Odelusi and a couple of youngsters.

Surely Dougie needs to clear out a few who haven't made it notably Eaves and Sanmi?

51This striker business - speculation - Page 3 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Sun Jul 20 2014, 17:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks like I jumped the gun re Sanmi but now the move to MKD seems back on the cards. However if the media are saying 2 or 3 coming in, main link is rumoured to be with the 17 year old Chelsea lad and there will be no "big names", I'm now slightly concerned that the striker plan B may not be up to scratch.

Just wondering if the whole striker landscape would change if we sold Mavies, Boggers and/or CYL and got Andrews off the books? Presume that some of the income would be available to spend.

52This striker business - speculation - Page 3 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Tue Jul 29 2014, 17:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No Murray and now Lita rumour which I think is bull. 
It's starting to annoy me. For years I've been going on about sorting out our woeful defence but this season is the first in ages when I actually think we need a finisher as a priority.
Not necessarily a "target man" especially if we play higher up the pitch with 5 midfielders but at least someone who knows where the goal is. 
The side would be far more balanced if we had a decent striker, but the clock's ticking.

53This striker business - speculation - Page 3 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Tue Jul 29 2014, 17:23

It'll be going to the wire Lust, we'll be waiting on other clubs to make decisions now before they'll let anyone come to us.

54This striker business - speculation - Page 3 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Tue Jul 29 2014, 17:24

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:It'll be going to the wire Lust, we'll be waiting on other clubs to make decisions now before they'll let anyone come to us.

Have you even started looking yet though, Dougie?

55This striker business - speculation - Page 3 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Tue Jul 29 2014, 17:47

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Given the lack of strikers in our squad and reluctance to address the situation with any urgency, I find it rather ironic that the town's motto 'Supera Moras' has been re-introduced to the back of the shirts. Maybe someone should shoot the translation over to Dougie 'hopefully we'll get that one over the line' Freedman and Phat Philth.

56This striker business - speculation - Page 3 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Tue Jul 29 2014, 17:55

scottjames30 wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:It'll be going to the wire Lust, we'll be waiting on other clubs to make decisions now before they'll let anyone come to us.

Have you even started looking yet though, Dougie?

Although I cans see why you'd think I earn £500,000 a year I can assure you Im not Doug.

Great joke though, you're really starting to come into your own now Scotty.

57This striker business - speculation - Page 3 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Thu Aug 07 2014, 10:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tick tock, tick tock....

Nixon stirring things up again has got me on tenterhooks. Glen Murray would be fine - but who is this target that is allegedly better? Murray scored a shedload so better than that? Definitely rooting for Dougie to land his target - whoever it is.

I'm preparing myself for the inevitable disappointment though.

58This striker business - speculation - Page 3 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Thu Aug 07 2014, 11:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Glenda Murray would be a top signing at this level, but I can't believe we're the best club he could attract.

Nixon talks bollocks.

59This striker business - speculation - Page 3 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Thu Aug 07 2014, 13:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Glenda Murray would be a top signing at this level, but I can't believe we're the best club he could attract.

Nixon talks bollocks.
"Even better" is still intriguing me. I can't stand the suspense! ::mad::

60This striker business - speculation - Page 3 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Thu Aug 07 2014, 13:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i like the sound of Glenda, is she better than her Brother?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum