Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This striker business - speculation

+18
carrs
finlaymcdanger
Keegan
Reebok_Rebel
BoltonTillIDie
White84
boltonbonce
CAMPO
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
rammywhite
wessy
bryan458
luckyPeterpiper
terenceanne
Norpig
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1This striker business - speculation Empty This striker business - speculation Tue Jul 08 2014, 12:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With Sordell gone and Eaves possibly on the way basically we have Beckford, Cavies (for now - I think the only reason he's still here is that DF won't risk not getting a signing in) and the development strikers.

Why? I'm thinking that DF realises he needs money to get Juke but has to sell more before he can spend so is trying to make some wriggle room by having a further clearout with Andrews being the the most high profile name at the moment and possibly some more fringe players.

His plan B is probably to go for a.n.other striker at a lower price - which he can possibly afford now, but is keeping his powder dry.

His plan C is probably to consider selling a player who would be a "nice-to-have" if the money is right to finance the purchase of a striker.

His plan D is to consider playing the "false striker" system a la Brazil.

And finally, his plan F is probably to consider giving one of the young 'uns a shot although he has never been one to throw them in until he's absolutely sure they can hack it.

If any of this is true, where does it leave us?

Waiting to see if we can move some players out whilst setting up deals in principle and depending on whether Dougie can sell at the right price will determine whether we get Juke, a.n.other striker or stick with what we have.

Problem is everyone knows we need to offload players so I imagine the offers are derisory.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't wait to see how pre season pans out. It can't be any worse than last season. Can it?  Embarassed 

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No injuries please!!!!

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

how about plan G- Dougie comes out of retirement and plays upfront  Very Happy

Surely we must have shifted a large chunk of money with all the outgoings to finance a move for Juke, Mason or whoever by now.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I was happy we did early business in the summer but this on-going striker issue is beginning to be daft.

It's just a theory of mine but I always thought that to win games you had to score goals. If you want to win promotion you will probably need to score more goals than the other 20 odd teams in our division.  As of this writing we have 1.5 strikers ..... doesn't seem to be enough does it.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surely Dougie is either holding his nerve OR he has been told that the wage bill needs to drop further and he has to sell to buy? Or both.

Given that Dougie farmed Cavies out to Preston at the earliest opportunity I really don't think he rates him, but currently daren't get rid in the absence of alternatives.

I like plan G - Dougie was handy in his day - but I think he'll be offering a few players like Andrews and possibly Baptiste the opportunity to move on. That said, he put a lot of faith in Baptiste so is probably hoping he'll come back to form, but I reckon more have to go before he's in a position to "swoop" for anybody.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Plan G:

I particularly like 2.38 and 3.21...

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Had a decent eye for goal did Dougie.

Great player and a great manager. What a bloke.

:dougie:

10This striker business - speculation Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Wed Jul 09 2014, 13:52

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Good player, rubbish manager.

11This striker business - speculation Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Thu Jul 10 2014, 10:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think the word you're looking for is "visionary".

He can see what the players are supposed to be doing. Unfortunately they can't do it. Smile

12This striker business - speculation Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Thu Jul 10 2014, 10:40

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:I think the word you're looking for is "visionary".

He can see what the players are supposed to be doing. Unfortunately they can't do it. Smile

Yea, Welcome to Dougie world!!!!!!!!!

13This striker business - speculation Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Sat Jul 12 2014, 17:18

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Went the same way every penalty

14This striker business - speculation Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Mon Jul 14 2014, 15:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just noticed Eaves is still with us. Came on second half v Barrow Bridge but didn't set the world alight again.

A million pound player turning out against amateurs.  Shocked

15This striker business - speculation Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Mon Jul 14 2014, 15:57

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barrow Bridge, that would be a come down  Laughing do they even have a pub team in Barrow Bridge?

16This striker business - speculation Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Mon Jul 14 2014, 16:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Barrow Bridge, that would be a come down  Laughing do they even have a pub team in Barrow Bridge?
Barrow Bridge in Preston, not the back of Moss Bank Park.

17This striker business - speculation Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Mon Jul 14 2014, 16:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bamber Bridge is what you mean i think Lusty

18This striker business - speculation Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Mon Jul 14 2014, 16:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Bamber Bridge is what you mean i think Lusty
And what I think you mean amigo... Very Happy

19This striker business - speculation Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Mon Jul 14 2014, 16:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it does seem strange that Eaves has not gone on tour, it looks like Iliev may be further up the pecking order already. Perhaps Eaves is next to go?

20This striker business - speculation Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Mon Jul 14 2014, 16:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There were rumours. Thought he'd gone.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum