Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This striker business - speculation

+18
carrs
finlaymcdanger
Keegan
Reebok_Rebel
BoltonTillIDie
White84
boltonbonce
CAMPO
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
rammywhite
wessy
bryan458
luckyPeterpiper
terenceanne
Norpig
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21This striker business - speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Mon Jul 14 2014, 17:05

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:There were rumours. Thought he'd gone.

I thought Coventry had him

22This striker business - speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Mon Jul 14 2014, 17:08

According to Wiki, he's still our player.

But having said that, according to them he never scored a single goal for Oldham and we all know that's bollocks.......

(I take it back - I was convinced he scored that hat-trick in a League Cup game but it turns out it was in a pre-season friendly. He's still rubbish though.)

23This striker business - speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Mon Jul 14 2014, 19:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rob Earnshaw is still available. Proven goalscorer at this level.

24This striker business - speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Mon Jul 14 2014, 21:22

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:Rob Earnshaw is still available. Proven goalscorer at this level.

Why is he still available then?

Unfortunately chances are that soon enough we will revert back to the good 'ol hoof ball.  For that you need a big man similar to the Juke.....preferably with some skill to boot.  Goalscorers need chances to put away...we don't create that many as of yet.  Let's say we get Mason back for example.....he may score from knockdowns in the box but who is doing the knocking down?  

Shame of it is that the side is not looking too bad right now but this paper thin striker situation will come back to bite us.

25This striker business - speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Mon Jul 14 2014, 22:04

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Rob Earnshaw is still available. Proven goalscorer at this level.
Rob Earnshaw is a fanny, we need someone with balls, he might be ok for Chorley but thats about it.

26This striker business - speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Mon Jul 14 2014, 22:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
Rob Earnshaw is a fanny, we need someone with balls, he might be ok for Chorley but thats about it.

We need pace and goals. Earnshaw guarantees both. Plus we're lacking in hunks at the Macron right now.

27This striker business - speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Tue Jul 15 2014, 07:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't we have the Earnshaw discussion 10 years ago?
And every year since?

Maybe I was wrong to dismiss him as a useless inconsistent greedy wanker long past his best (which was a Tuesday in 1989  as I recall)

Earnshaw in!

He certainly scares defences. And the crowd. And his own mum.

28This striker business - speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Tue Jul 15 2014, 18:51

CAMPO

CAMPO
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Burnley sign the the juke for £1.5mill, fucking Burnley!! I can't believe what's happened!
We uncover an unknown who becomes our best player of last season with the potential to become the new SKD, a leader by example who always gave 100%,
Was our no1 target, wanted to come back here, and we can't get the money to buy him, BWFC must be truly shagged
If they would give me my money back I'd take my season ticket back, short sighted knobs!!

29This striker business - speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Tue Jul 15 2014, 19:06

Andy Johnson's available on a free. Massive risk fitness wise and he's 33 but this is the sort of player I'd imagine we'll end up with.

30This striker business - speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Tue Jul 15 2014, 19:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Andy Johnson's available on a free. Massive risk fitness wise and he's 33 but this is the sort of player I'd imagine we'll end up with.

I'd be more than happy with him. He almost signed for us once before.

31This striker business - speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Tue Jul 15 2014, 19:26

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I'd be more than happy with him. 

Have you moved on from Mark already....?

That's a bit shallow, isn't it?

At least do the decent thing and pretend you're not looking for your next conquest already......

32This striker business - speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Tue Jul 15 2014, 19:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You'd think she'd be happy with 2 wonky tits without adding a third.

33This striker business - speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Tue Jul 15 2014, 19:33

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I predict a riot!

34This striker business - speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Tue Jul 15 2014, 19:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

Have you moved on from Mark already....?

That's a bit shallow, isn't it?

When your boyfriend sells you to the Freak Circus you know it's time to end things.

Life goes on.

35This striker business - speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Tue Jul 15 2014, 19:37

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Andy Johnson's available on a free. Massive risk fitness wise and he's 33 but this is the sort of player I'd imagine we'll end up with.

I'd be more than happy with him. He almost signed for us once before.

Didn't we end up with Anelka instead, the better option.

36This striker business - speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Tue Jul 15 2014, 19:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:

Didn't we end up with Anelka instead, the better option.

We'll never know if Johnson would have been better.

37This striker business - speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Tue Jul 15 2014, 19:56

We'll know who the better player was though.

38This striker business - speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Wed Jul 16 2014, 17:14

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie thinks Cravies will score goals for fun this season?

He loaned him to PNE last season WTF?

39This striker business - speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Wed Jul 16 2014, 21:39

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Looks like this bloke who was on trial is gonna cost us 600 grand....

And we can't afford it...

So how on earth did we expect to be able to sign juke?

40This striker business - speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: This striker business - speculation Wed Jul 16 2014, 21:48

The £600,000 is agent talk apparently I wouldn't worry about that. We obviously had the funds to pay a fee for Juke - at least initially. So there must be something available.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum