Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest.

+20
rammywhite
wanderlust
aaron_bwfc
bryan458
MartinBWFC
finlaymcdanger
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
Tigermin
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
Numpty 28723
karlypants
Norpig
Boggersbelief
Bolton Nuts
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 10]

81Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sat Aug 16 2014, 13:21

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
It'll be interesting to see how the players react if Forest score first.
It will be very interesting to see how the fans react if Forest score first.

Boring, predictable, misplaced, mistimed and disloyal - although not necessarily in that order.
I very much doubt their disloyalty, but the players fall within the other categories.

82Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sat Aug 16 2014, 13:36

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lusty why is it disloyal to be unhappy when we play badly? 

I think if Forest score first because we're playing like we did against Watford then fans will have every right to be peeved. If we're playing like we care and actually putting up a fight then I suspect the reaction won't be as negative as you think. 

I personally expect a defeat but only because Forest have much better players and much more money than we do. What will matter to me is HOW we play more than the result. I'd like a win of course but even if we don't get it as long as we played with spirit and looked like a coherent team I won't be too upset by a loss.

83Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sat Aug 16 2014, 13:43

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I'm now ready to go and start  this years self flagellation at the Macron Stadium, show me the Beer!!!!!

84Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sat Aug 16 2014, 13:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Lusty why is it disloyal to be unhappy when we play badly? 
It's not and I would never suggest it is.

There is a difference between being unhappy about the situation and finding the appropriate time and place to express that discontent. 

I just think it's disloyal to boo the manager and players during a game - as that is obviously the opposite of supporting your team.

It is also counterproductive.

Plenty of other less critical times and places to express discontent.

85Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sat Aug 16 2014, 13:56

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:Lusty why is it disloyal to be unhappy when we play badly? 

There is a difference between being unhappy about the situation and finding the appropriate time and place to express that discontent. 

I just think it's disloyal to boo the manager and players during a game - as that is obviously the opposite of supporting your team.

I disagree mate. In fact I think it's more disloyal to act as if you think all is well and continue to cheer when we're obviously playing rubbish. Not only that but at the game is really about the only place where the fan's voices can truly be heard in a way that will be listened to. I see no point in boo-ing during a match myself and have never done it but I personally understand why it happens sometimes and sympathise with those who do. 

I also think you're being a bit harsh on the players; they're not that dumb and they know when the manager or board is being booed rather than them personally. 

Sometimes supporting your team means voicing your disapproval of what's going on and while I'd prefer it to be restricted to half and full time I appreciate that in some circumstances it's a bit much to ask for fans to stay silent during the game when what's on offer is so patently awful. We pay a lot of money to go to games and ultimately I think that gives the fans the right to make their feelings known. If the players are so thin-skinned they can't take justifiable criticism of their efforts from the people who help to pay their frankly huge salaries then they have no business being professional footballers anyway.

86Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sat Aug 16 2014, 14:05

Todays lineup -

Bogdan; McNaughton, Wheater, Mills, Ream; Spearing, Medo, Chung-Yong, Danns; Mason, C Davies.

87Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sat Aug 16 2014, 14:05

Diamond formation 442 I'd imagine.

88Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sat Aug 16 2014, 14:07

Where does it say in the Bumper Book of Football Fandom that you have to be uber positive all the time at the match and you can't be critical, ie boo, if they're playing like eleven strangers who've never kicked a ball before.....?

You pay good money to go and watch a game and if your team's shit, I think you should be able to express your thoughts.

If you paid a builder to put a shed up for you and he forgot to put a roof on it, would you stand there smiling and tell him "Well done. That's brilliant!"....?

Would you bollocks, so why's football any different?

89Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sat Aug 16 2014, 14:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

I disagree mate. In fact I think it's more disloyal to act as if you think all is well and continue to cheer when we're obviously playing rubbish. Not only that but at the game is really about the only place where the fan's voices can truly be heard in a way that will be listened to. I see no point in boo-ing during a match myself and have never done it but I personally understand why it happens sometimes and sympathise with those who do. 

I also think you're being a bit harsh on the players; they're not that dumb and they know when the manager or board is being booed rather than them personally. 

Sometimes supporting your team means voicing your disapproval of what's going on and while I'd prefer it to be restricted to half and full time I appreciate that in some circumstances it's a bit much to ask for fans to stay silent during the game when what's on offer is so patently awful. We pay a lot of money to go to games and ultimately I think that gives the fans the right to make their feelings known. If the players are so thin-skinned they can't take justifiable criticism of their efforts from the people who help to pay their frankly huge salaries then they have no business being professional footballers anyway.
Can't have it both ways. If the manager is responsible for signing and ultimately the performances of the players, do criticisms of the manager not directly translate into criticisms of the players?
Put another way, the ONLY thing that the manager can be criticised for is what happens on the pitch so it's bullshit to suggest that players can divorce their own performances from criticism of the manager.

Discontented fans may want to think that they are not damaging their own club but I don't believe you can abuse the team during a game without detriment to performances and results.

Are you saying confidence isn't a key factor in football? If so I disagree and disapprove of things like booing that undermine confidence during play.

The time for analysis and retribution is after the match is over. By all means go apeshit then.

At this point "Nat" usually brings on the "I've paid so I have a right whereas you don't go to games" line. I will be paying and I won't be booing during the game.

I didn't even boo at Wembley and that was shite.

90Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sat Aug 16 2014, 14:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton: Bogdan, McNaughton, Ream, Wheater, Mills, Spearing, Lee, Medo, Danns, Mason, C Davies

Subs: Lonergan, Dervite, Trotter, Beckford, Feeney, Wilkinson, Pratley

91Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sat Aug 16 2014, 14:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Forest: Darlow, Hunt, Hobbs, Fox, Harding, Burke, Cohen(c), Reid, Antonio, Assombalonga, Fryatt

Subs: De Vries, Lichaj, Grant, Osborn, Paterson, McLaughlin, Veldwijk

92Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sat Aug 16 2014, 14:25

Stupid line up for me. Either play two wingers or none. Not just one. Fucking stupid. One of spearing or medo should be benched fot hall or feeney. Then it would be a diamond with danns heading it. But what stupid arse formation can he play with one fucking winger. Absolute twat.

rant over

93Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sat Aug 16 2014, 14:25

Btw is someone doing the ustream for match commentary

94Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sat Aug 16 2014, 14:27

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Btw is someone doing the ustream for match commentary
Radio Nuts and the chat box will be available shortly Smile

95Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sat Aug 16 2014, 14:28

Cool Cheers kp

96Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sat Aug 16 2014, 14:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Cool Cheers kp
No problem Smile

97Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sat Aug 16 2014, 14:40

y2johnny wrote:Stupid line up for me. Either play two wingers or none. Not just one. Fucking stupid. One of spearing or medo should be benched fot hall or feeney. Then it would be a diamond with danns heading it. But what stupid arse formation can he play with one fucking winger. Absolute twat.

rant over

Seriously?

Lee will play in the number 10 role not on the wing... it's the same formation we played at Leeds and Watford last season.

98Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sat Aug 16 2014, 14:43

Yeah seriously. He's a winger. we have two up front danns behind them we dont need lee holding his hand. So its a 4222 whch means our full backs will get mullered today. We need width and protection for the back out wide.

99Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sat Aug 16 2014, 14:46

Except it's not a 4222.

If it's the same as last season it will be -

Spearing

Medo       Danns

Lee

Cravies Mason

100Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Nottingham Forest. Sat Aug 16 2014, 14:48

But again danns and medo arent going to give us the width we need and danns proved (albeit) against bury that he should be playing that role chungy is supposedly in. Its bollocks 1874. A shit formation and the wrong use of players available

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum