Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brighton 2-1 Bolton.

+21
observer
bryan458
Sluffy
BL3White
BoltonTillIDie
luckyPeterpiper
doffcocker
JAH
Boggersbelief
Norpig
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
Reebok_Rebel
rammywhite
boltonbonce
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
terenceanne
MartinBWFC
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

101Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 6 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 21:05

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I bought a ticket and I used to go to loads of away matches.The 1st season down I went all over,Millwall,Charlton,Peterborough,Ipswich all the far flung places as well as Wolves, Birmingham,n all the locals Burnley etc.
After going to Notts Forest early doors that was my money staying in my pocket.
This year Watford away after that money staying in my pocket!.Ive got a season ticket so it's paid for n I go with my mates so hopefully he will get the boot but I can't see it.When we are relegated maybe plus his contracts up at the end of the season.

102Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 6 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 21:13

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Come on though White84, you don't want to see your side relegated. You just want shut of Douglas.

The way Bolton have been going in recent seasons, relegation would be an absolute disaster.

It would be impossible to do what Southampton did because they have an academy that churns out youth, and they had proper pound notes backing.

Bolton need a manager who  will try something different (on the field and off it) and grip the club by the scruff of the neck.

Douglas doesn't seem to be that man, he doesn't seem to learn.

103Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 6 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 21:17

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

How can you comment your a Burnley fan,I've enjoyed Football in the 3rd tier when we had a team who gave their all a forward thinking manager Bruce Rioch.DF n his stupid comments about the opposition.
Burnley were a game away from being kicked in to the Conferance not that long back,now look at them.

Can I ask you did staying in the leauge that day feel as sweet as going in to the Premiership.Id say it probably did.My point is the football is awful I don't get his tactics he is clearly delusional.He said it was close today.At one point Brighton had 10 attempts to Bolton's 1.

You have been drinking Gin and home brew defo a Burnley lad ha ha.

104Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 6 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 21:34

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

White84 wrote:
Can I ask you did staying in the leauge that day feel as sweet as going in to the Premiership.Id say it probably did.

You'll have no idea of how that day felt.

Think oblivion (I'm not talking about going into the non league, I'm talking the end of a football club which is what it would have been) or having a football club to support.

I can comment on these things because I'm a member of this board and not because I'm a Burnley fan.

The gin and homebrew haven't been in the same glass you know.  Very Happy

105Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 6 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 22:06

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Copper Dragon wrote:
White84 wrote:
Can I ask you did staying in the leauge that day feel as sweet as going in to the Premiership.Id say it probably did.

You'll have no idea of how that day felt.

Think oblivion (I'm not talking about going into the non league, I'm talking the end of a football club which is what it would have been) or having a football club to support.

I can comment on these things because I'm a member of this board and not because I'm a Burnley fan.

The gin and homebrew haven't been in the same glass you know.  Very Happy
Copper mate, we came damned close to not having a club to support and that was without being in danger of dropping out of the league. When the whole Lifeline thing was pretty much all that kept us going as a club and we hit the bottom tier we dug in and hung on. It was exactly the same feeling you had when Burnley avoided the drop. 

If we're honest I bet fans of every club in the North-west outside Liverpool and Manchester (and some of them in those areas like Tranmere or Bury) know how our clubs are almost always going to have periods of living hand to mouth and desperately fighting to stay alive no matter what tier we're in. With so many clubs all in such close proximity to one another it's always going to be tough to attract and keep fans unless you're already successful. 

Let's face it, unless some mega billionaire with a name like Sheikh Casha Fatwalleta or Ivan Afootieclub buy us out our clubs are ALWAYS going to have to watch the purse strings like hawks. It's just the way it is.

106Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 6 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 22:07

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm not saying you can't comment cos you support Burnley but cos you have not seen us play.
However I have calmed down and we were robbed Tuesday by the Ref,Craig Davies straight through tripped in the area straight goal scoring opportunity stopped the ref gave the Boro player a yellow.Then at HT in added time the ball was put through Wheater cut it out hit his ankle flipped up on to his hand linesman flagged for a pen.
Looked at today 1-1 goal gets injured eye split open as the equalised,the reserve keeper came on Lonerghan just seen the goal on Sky he should of saved it.
We were 2-1 up v Forest n gave a silly penalty away.2-2 and they are top.
Mark Davies our playmaker is back after a broken toe this week so if DF plays him v Crewe n all is well I'll go to Leeds next week as we have had 2 50/50 pens against us n the refs today have sent everyone off who gave a penalty n one for pulling back outside the area for Huddersfield.
Not had any luck n if Mark Davies is back we may improve.

107Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 6 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 22:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you're banking on Mark Davies saving our season may I suggest you are destined to be unhappy.

108Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 6 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 22:15

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

White84 wrote:I'm not saying you can't comment cos you support Burnley but cos you have not seen us play.
However I have calmed down and we were robbed Tuesday by the Ref,Craig Davies straight through tripped in the area straight goal scoring opportunity stopped the ref gave the Boro player a yellow.Then at HT in added time the ball was put through Wheater cut it out hit his ankle flipped up on to his hand linesman flagged for a pen.
Looked at today 1-1 goal gets injured eye split open as the equalised,the reserve keeper came on Lonerghan just seen the goal on Sky he should of saved it.
Mark Davies our playmaker is back after a broken toe this week so if DF plays him v Crewe n all is well I'll go to Leeds next week as we have had 2 50/50 pens against us n the refs today have sent everyone off who gave a penalty n one for pulling back outside the area for Huddersfield.
I really hope you're right mate but to be honest I wouldn't be all that hopeful about it if I were you. 

For one thing Mavies is bound to be a bit rusty and that's assuming Dougie actually plays him. I think we'll see him come off the bench for a couple of games and in truth I have no problem with that if it means he gets back to his best form without getting crocked again. 

What really worries me now isn't so much referees or luck. It's the WAY we concede goals, we literally are making errors a schoolboy wouldn't and doing it week after week. I really do think Dougie's time is up simply because nothing has changed from a year ago or even from when he first came aboard. We set up in largely the same way and make the same stupid and costly errors on far too regular a basis for any team to survive. Dougie has either failed to get his vision across to them or they simply haven't bought into or understood it. Whichever way there's a fatal lack of communication somewhere between the manager and the playing staff and it's his responsibility to prevent them. He hasn't and that means he has to go.

109Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 6 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 22:24

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have already ordered my tickets for Crewe and Leeds. I must be a sucker for punishment. Can it get any better? Can it get any worse?

110Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 6 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 22:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:I have already ordered my tickets for Crewe and Leeds.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

111Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 6 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 22:39

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Lonerghan should have saved the 2 nd goal.
I agree Freedman should go but he has brought in players that are not as good as we had.Only Mavies has any creation.I live in hope.Im going to Leeds as I believe we can win their.as long as Bogdan is in the net.Lonerghan is fucking useless.

112Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 6 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 22:45

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie. Sacked. Tomorrow morning

113Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 6 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 22:48

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Dougie. Sacked. Tomorrow morning
Have you been looking into your crystal balls again? Very Happy

114Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 6 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 22:49

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
White84 wrote:I'm not saying you can't comment cos you support Burnley but cos you have not seen us play.
I really hope you're right mate but to be honest I wouldn't be all that hopeful about it if I were you. 

For one thing Mavies is bound to be a bit rusty and that's assuming Dougie actually plays him. I think we'll see him come off the bench for a couple of games and in truth I have no problem with that if it means he gets back to his best form without getting crocked again. 

What really worries me now isn't so much referees or luck. It's the WAY we concede goals, we literally are making errors a schoolboy wouldn't and doing it week after week. I really do think Dougie's time is up simply because nothing has changed from a year ago or even from when he first came aboard. We set up in largely the same way and make the same stupid and costly errors on far too regular a basis for any team to survive. Dougie has either failed to get his vision across to them or they simply haven't bought into or understood it. Whichever way there's a fatal lack of communication somewhere between the manager and the playing staff and it's his responsibility to prevent them. He hasn't and that means he has to go.
LPP I said it after last week and have thought it for a while as its the omly way to explain our performances,he has lost the confidence of the players,end of. His bizarre tactics,team selections,pre and post match ramblings have not only lost the vast majority of fans,with the exception of the freedman happy clappers obviously,but the players themselves. Even in Coyles darkest hours I still think he had the dressing room if not the supporters,this little stubborn jock has lost both Im afraid and until he fucks off we will only slip further into a very deep pile of shite !!

115Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 6 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 23:43

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It would make me very happy to see him sacked but that would mean paying up his contract n LL n the rest of his crew then bringing someone else in.
Personally I'd put jimmy Phillips in till the end of the season.

Garslime n ED r not interested in the footballing side.The 100 million pound development is what they're interested in.Where is the money coming from.ED is a hard nosed businessman who is a tax exile.He is not a penny out of pocket since he took over yet we Apparantley owe him.Who actually owes him seeing that he bought the hotel.id call that an asset.
Copper Dragon said we don't have a youth academy set up like Southampton.Yet there are players that have been bought that are in their now,ya nick Bannos,Woolery from Tamworth plus Kellet,Wilkinson,Hayden White who played today,Threlkeld,Clough,Youngs.We have a grade 1 institute.

We need to see these lads playing this season.I hope we have not made a cock up in getting rid of 2 of our reserve goalkeepers as Lonerghan is bobbins lost us the game today.Hope Bogdan is ok for the Leeds match.

116Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 6 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sun Aug 24 2014, 00:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Why does the bastard keep playing 4-4-2 ffs!?

:bomb: 

117Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 6 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sun Aug 24 2014, 01:14

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

White84 wrote:.
Copper Dragon said we don't have a youth academy set up like Southampton.Yet there are players that have been bought that are in their now,ya nick Bannos,Woolery from Tamworth plus Kellet,Wilkinson,Hayden White who played today,Threlkeld,Clough,Youngs.We have a grade 1 institute.

Copper Dragon has said nothing of the sort/

You've got major problems though

118Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 6 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sun Aug 24 2014, 07:07

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rumour is hes gone.

119Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 6 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sun Aug 24 2014, 07:44

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

scottjames30 wrote:Rumour is hes gone.

I wish it were true- but sadly is just a rumour. I think we'll be moaning about this guy and his soporific senior advisor (Owd Lennie) until the end of the season.

I'd love to be proven wrong with a Press release this morning, tomorrow morning- or any morning for the next nine months

120Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 6 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sun Aug 24 2014, 10:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The goals - from 32 min 50 secs -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Very poor defending.

I know they are just clips from a match but just look at the area just in front of the semi-circle where on paper we should have TWO defensive mids.

Look at their number 2, in miles of space in front of that area on the clip previous to the first goal, not a threat this time but  then he's there again, completely unmarked and playing the ball in for their winger to put the ball in for the goal.  Not as though we weren't forewarned about him doing that!

Then in the following clip watch our defender (White I assume?) in the very same area, completely let the man he was marking simply trot past him!!!

School boy stuff really - and little wonder why we are already in the relegation zone.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum