Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brighton 2-1 Bolton.

+21
observer
bryan458
Sluffy
BL3White
BoltonTillIDie
luckyPeterpiper
doffcocker
JAH
Boggersbelief
Norpig
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
Reebok_Rebel
rammywhite
boltonbonce
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
terenceanne
MartinBWFC
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

61Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 14:10

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brighton: Stockdale; Calderon, Greer, Dunk, Bennett; Bruno, Forster-Caskey, Holla; Teixeira, Crofts, Mackail-Smith.

Subs: Ankergren, Hughes, Chicksen, McCourt, Ince, LuaLua, O'Grady.

62Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 14:21

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BoltonTillIDie wrote: Bogdan, White, Mills, Wheater, Ream, Spearing, Medo, Lee, Danns, Mason, C Davies
BWFC subs: Lonergan, Dervite, Pratley, Trotter, Feeney, Beckford, Threlkeld

Happy with this line up. Its probably about the best he could get at the minute. If this team gets hammered then that'll be a true reflection of our prospects this term

63Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 14:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Back to 4231 as expected although if he's giving White a shot at RB there was a possibility of going with wingbacks and 2 strikers which he has ignored. Just feel that White's pace could be exploited better in a 532/352 but it is an away game against a strong side I suppose. Is Kellett injured?

64Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 14:54

BL3White

BL3White
David Ngog
David Ngog

Where do you get 4231 from?! He's playing 2 strikers!

65Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 14:56

Looks like a diamond, so won't have much width unless White and Ream can bomb forward a bit. Good to see Davies and Mason together again though.

66Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 15:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Anybody who hasn't got the match commentary, then click on the link for 'Portal' at the top left(ish) of this page and 'click' on the video that is shown.

Join us in the chatbox by simply clicking the 'log on' top right of the Portal.

We will see you all in their - newbies especially welcomed.

PS - we are in front 1-0 at the mo!

67Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 17:14

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Seems like the same old story- go ahead but still can't win.
1 point from 12. If it goes to 1 from15 then surely Gartside must do something.

68Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 17:16

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With a bit of luck he'll get fired when the team coach gets to the Macron later.

69Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 17:17

The sad thing is, I don't think he will.

I fear we're stuck with this idiot for a while yet.

If we manage to stay up, one point and one place above relegation, I think Gartside would take that.

70Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 17:19

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't care about promotion- we wouldn't survive anyway. Its simply being able to play to an average standard and with some pride in this division- that would be enough

71Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 17:23

I've just taken a look at the league table and there are only three teams without a win.

Blackpool, who famously only had eight players in their squad up until about a fortnight before the season kicked off.

Fulham, who I heard the commentator on FiveLive the other night say, have shipped out two thirds of last season's squad and replaced them with unknowns who've never played together before this season.

And us.

Fucking embarrassing predicament.

72Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 17:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Main names on twitter so far, Jimmy Phillips and Phil Brown. 

Surprising shouts.

73Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 17:31

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Try telling the happy clappers!!!!

74Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 17:32

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lennon, Pulis, Jol. Perhaps not Malky after recent events.
There's quite a few choices. And before anyone says they won't come without a huge transfer budget- unless you work in the Prem transfer budgets like that don't exist any more.
Given the choice of a job or no job- I reckon they'll take a job

75Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 17:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Could have been a lot worse if you think that before the match everything pointed to a battering. But seeing as we weren't totally slaughtered it's all though more painful as yet again we gave away two goals unnecessarily (if the radio commentary was accurate).
All that talk about sorting out the bad defending during the week only makes it worse because clearly these players aren't good enough.
There really is a case for tucking Ream in and going with a back 5/3 - providing we have a left wingback who can get forward e.g. Kellett (is he injured ATM?)
The combination of that and inability to create or take chances completely justifies our position.

76Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 17:42

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What can we really say that hasn't been said a hundred times before? I'm too fed up to post much tonight. We get a lead then chuck the game away again. Dougie hasn't learned, the players haven't learned and I don't care what the pro-dougie crowd think now at all. He's gotta go and someone the players will actually listen to needs to be brought in because they clearly aren't doing that for dougie. If they are and this IS the way he wants them to play then it's even more urgent that we get shot of him pronto.

77Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 18:00

rammywhite wrote:Lennon, Pulis, Jol. Perhaps not Malky after recent events.
There's quite a few choices. And before anyone says they won't come without a huge transfer budget- unless you work in the Prem transfer budgets like that don't exist any more.
Given the choice of a job or no job- I reckon they'll take a job

Sorry but I disagree I don't think we'd stand a chance of getting any if those three. 

Lennon's holding out for a prem job as will Pulis after what he achieved at Palace. Joke will get a job in Europe I'd imagine.

It's either going to be a promotion from within, a lower league manager or some unknown foreign manager. Either way if we do have to replace Freedman, I don't expect 90% of fans to be pleased by his replacement.

78Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 18:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just seen that 403 Bolton fans traveled down today.

79Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 18:03

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It'll be someone cheap, 250k-500k a year, Ipswich paid Big Mick 1 Million a year ,I'd have Dave Flitcroft from Bury.

80Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 4 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sat Aug 23 2014, 18:07

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The side that was picked is about as good as we've got at the minute.

Prior to this summer, I don't think Dougie could have had many complaints with how he's been backed financially, but he's now working with peanuts compared to a good chunk of the league. It's worked out quite nicely for Gartside. He didn't have to sack Freedman in the summer because we ended last season reasonably well, but not so well that Dougie can demand a few million to spend on the team.

I would like Freedman to go. I don't think much of his man management, he's started to play two up front but the approach play is still very negative and poorly thought-out, and this summer he's spent what little money he's had on players that are in and out of the side at best.

Unfortunately, it looks like the club has decided it's done spending money, meaning we're stuck with Freedman, and even if we sacked him, his successor wouldn't get anything to spend.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum