Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brighton 2-1 Bolton.

+21
observer
bryan458
Sluffy
BL3White
BoltonTillIDie
luckyPeterpiper
doffcocker
JAH
Boggersbelief
Norpig
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
Reebok_Rebel
rammywhite
boltonbonce
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
terenceanne
MartinBWFC
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

141Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 8 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sun Aug 24 2014, 22:52

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Lonerghans fucking useless goalkeeping cost us the match a standard save for any keeper worth his salt.The ball went through him,Casper the ghost is Lonerghans new name.Watford he was at fault for the first and should of dived in front of the ball not over it Lump.

142Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 8 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Sun Aug 24 2014, 23:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

White84 wrote:Lonerghans fucking useless goalkeeping cost us the match a standard save for any keeper worth his salt.The ball went through him,Casper the ghost is Lonerghans new name.Watford he was at fault for the first and should of dived in front of the ball not over it Lump.

I though Lonergan was a bit unlucky with the goal, their player beat our defender and shot the ball which went through another defenders legs, then going through his.

For it to go through someone elses legs first he obviously couldn't possibly have a clear view of the shot.

Bogdan let one through his legs last game and he too didn't stand a chance with the shot.

Lonergan has faults but that goal wasn't one of them.

143Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 8 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Mon Aug 25 2014, 00:16

FFS, did we really discuss these minutiae points in the 70's or 80's when there weren't cameras everywhere?

No, we didn't..........

There is a definite line to be drawn.

HD and twenty camera angles are great, until it gets to the point where we're discussing shit that can't be seen by the naked eye without Ultimate SloMo and we then try and hang a season on it.......

144Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 8 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Mon Aug 25 2014, 00:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:FFS, did we really discuss these minutiae points in the 70's or 80's when there weren't cameras everywhere?

No, we didn't..........

There is a definite line to be drawn.

HD and twenty camera angles are great, until it gets to the point where we're discussing shit that can't be seen by the naked eye without Ultimate SloMo and we then try and hang a season on it.......
In the 70s/80s we had very definite opinions about things - which in many cases slo mo etc proved to be wrong in hindsight.

There are fine margins that decide games so I think having the benefit of better/more angles is a good thing.

This game is a good example. We lost by a goal. A deflected goal at that and the television proves it. If we'd had a deflection at the other end we might have been the winners.

The implication is that it could have gone either way which is true - but that doesn't translate into meaning that the game was even. Brighton had far more efforts than we did so they made their own luck. Having more shots meant that statistically they gave themselves more chance of winning and so it proved - even if the coup de grace itself was jammy.

Last edited by wanderlust on Mon Aug 25 2014, 00:34; edited 1 time in total

145Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 8 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Mon Aug 25 2014, 00:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Not sure if that's aimed at me but I only had to see the goal once - at normal speed - to see what happened.

I'm sure you would have seen the same too - and White84.

And if we are talking about the 70's, the winger would have been 'chopped' down long, long before he got a shot off!

146Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 8 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Mon Aug 25 2014, 00:34

You're still quite wound up, aren't you, mate?

Stick Babestation on and unwind for a bit.

And stop saying "fine margins" - you sound like him.

147Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 8 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Mon Aug 25 2014, 00:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:You're still quite wound up, aren't you, mate?

Stick Babestation on and unwind for a bit.

And stop saying "fine margins" - you sound like him.
Me not Sluffy huh?

Babestation doesn't do it for me TBF. My mate is a right wanker and he swears by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] although I've never visited the site personally. Must be good though as his eyes are permanently bloodshot.

Quite unwound as it happens. Pub was kicking it being a Bank Holiday and all.

148Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 8 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Mon Aug 25 2014, 00:41

Sluffy wrote:Not sure if that's aimed at me but I only had to see the goal once - at normal speed - to see what happened.

I'm sure you would have seen the same too - and White84.

And if we are talking about the 70's, the winger would have been 'chopped' down long, long before he got a shot off!

No,not aimed at you specifically Sluff, more at the way we all now watch football in general.

We all expect to see every contentious decision played out in HD ad nauseam on Sky now and we all spend far too long reviewing them because it's a fast game and you can't expect the human eye to capture it all but the likes of Sky make a massive deal out of everything just to make news and it's bollocks.

That was my point and it wasn't a criticism of anybody - just the system and the way the broadcasters exploit it for their own ends.

149Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 8 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Mon Aug 25 2014, 00:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You've gone to check out the Hun.

150Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 8 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Mon Aug 25 2014, 00:45

wanderlust wrote:Me not Sluffy huh?

Babestation doesn't do it for me TBF. My mate is a right wanker and he swears by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] although I've never visited the site personally. Must be good though as his eyes are permanently bloodshot.

Quite unwound as it happens. Pub was kicking it being a Bank Holiday and all.

That link looks like a trap.

I'm not doing a Gary Glitter and taking my laptop to PC World to get fixed after some virus ruins it and I get fingered......

Nice try, Moriarty..... Very Happy

151Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 8 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Mon Aug 25 2014, 00:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's what I told my mate with the bloodshot eyes.

152Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 8 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Mon Aug 25 2014, 00:55

See you at Reichenbach!

Bring it on!

I'm in charge this time.......

153Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 8 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Mon Aug 25 2014, 00:59

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

I'm not doing a Gary Glitter and taking my laptop to PC World to get fixed after some virus ruins it and I get fingered......

Not sure why I clicked that link, all I got were ladyboy's on it. Just stick to your usual Tube8 mate.

I wouldn't take your laptop to PC World either Breadders if I were you, it will come back worse than when you took it in!  :biggrin:

154Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 8 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Mon Aug 25 2014, 01:00

Told you...!

I can smell a trap a mile off.

I'm like that DCI John Luther, me.

But whiter and less intelligent.

And not a copper............

155Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 8 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Mon Aug 25 2014, 01:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Breadman wrote:

Not sure why I clicked that link, all I got were ladyboy's on it. 
Were any of them from Preston?
My bleary eyed mate did say there was something for everyone.

156Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 8 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Mon Aug 25 2014, 01:57

I think the "sour-faced, wonkey-titted, caurterzed-fanny, footballer-boyfriend-obsessed, Joyce Grenfell wannabee" is a very particular market.

I can't see there being a big demand for that, but who knows....?

157Brighton 2-1 Bolton. - Page 8 Empty Re: Brighton 2-1 Bolton. Mon Aug 25 2014, 02:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:I think the "sour-faced, wonkey-titted, caurterzed-fanny, footballer-boyfriend-obsessed, Joyce Grenfell wannabee" is a very particular market.
Very popular on here apparently.

On another note I really am pissed now so it's time to stagger off into the sunset. I'm working up to it - only half a bottle to go.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum