Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman.

+10
Reebok Trotter
Norpig
wanderlust
observer
Numpty 28723
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
JAH
scottjames30
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Empty Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Mon Sep 01 2014, 10:15

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So its more of the same.

Last edited by scottjames30 on Mon Sep 01 2014, 10:25; edited 1 time in total

2Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Mon Sep 01 2014, 10:25

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Our club is an effing joke. How toxic will it have to get for them to remove him? It's the same as the Venkies at Blackburn. All that piss taking and now the exact same thing is happening to us!!!!

3Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Mon Sep 01 2014, 11:29

If he doesn't politely decline the SFA's request to "lend a hand" with their U19's on Tuesday, he should be sacked on the spot.

His priority must be focusing all his energies and time on sorting out our problems on the pitch, not poncing about at some meaningless international friendly game.

4Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Mon Sep 01 2014, 11:39

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:dougie:

Right decision IMO but he is clinging on at this point, I don't think anyone can deny that, he needs to turn things round in the next 3-4 games or I'm afraid....

5Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Mon Sep 01 2014, 11:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote::dougie:

Right decision IMO but he is clinging on at this point, I don't think anyone can deny that, he needs to turn things round in the next 3-4 games or I'm afraid....

So you're saying if he wins a couple of the next 4 games everything will be hunky-dory?

The fact is Dougie has proven himself a poor tactician and an even poorer player motivator - this isn't going to change just because we win a couple of games.

The facts are out there - Freedman isn't up to being manager of BWFC.

6Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Mon Sep 01 2014, 11:45

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I didn't say they'd be hunky dory, whatever that entails. He needs to show, to keep his job, he's still got a grip of the players and the dressing room. It really is as simple as that at this point.

7Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Mon Sep 01 2014, 12:02

Just out of interest, how will "getting a grip of the players" address his obvious lack of ability in terms of tactics, formations, team selections, ability to think on his feet and adapt accordingly and other assorted general managerial shortcomings?

Is it all suddenly going to fall in place in the next couple of weeks after two years of bumbling along and hoping for the best?

Great!

8Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Mon Sep 01 2014, 12:08

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It depends whether you buy into that argument. 

We've obviously had some shit runs under DF but on the flip side some very good runs too. People will say that's just "luck" or "papering over the cracks."

always said though DF should be doing much better, clock is approaching midnight now. 

He obviously isn't a tactical genius though no one would say that.

9Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Mon Sep 01 2014, 12:25

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster, what does "he's still got a grip of the players" even mean?

The side is basically a shambles - poor application, zero organisation, concentration lapse prone, seemingly no direction in approach play - but he's "still got a grip of the players"?

10Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Mon Sep 01 2014, 12:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So you would say he hasn't got a grip of the players then?

that would answer the question.

11Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Mon Sep 01 2014, 12:42

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:So you would say he hasn't got a grip of the players then?

that would answer the question.

I'm just curious as to what you're basing the idea on.

If I wanted to defend him just for the sake of it, I'd probably throw something in like that.

Tell me what you've observed that makes you think Freedman has got a grip of the players.

12Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Mon Sep 01 2014, 12:50

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I didn't say he did. I said he will need to prove (to his employers) that he has in the next couple of weeks.

13Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Mon Sep 01 2014, 13:04

So it all comes back to my point about it suddenly all falling into place over the next two weeks, despite the fact that we aren't playing any matches.......

Not buying it, I'm afraid......

14Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Mon Sep 01 2014, 14:06

Gartside was always going to hold on as long as possible, I think it would take a couple more losses before they are forced to sack Dougie.

I hope it's as simple as the players not wanting to play for him and that's why they've been so poor so far, but somehow I don't think it will change much. Probably because we've been on this decline since Wembley.. and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

15Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Mon Sep 01 2014, 14:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

I hope it's as simple as the players not wanting to play for him and that's why they've been so poor so far, but somehow I don't think it will change much. Probably because we've been on this decline since Wembley.. and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

From what I've seen the players are going through the motions, whether that's because they don't like Dougie or are simply lazy overpaid twats is anyones guess.

All I know is that under a manager like Mick McCarthy or Sam Allardyce they'd have their arses kicked on a daily basis until they put the effort in.

16Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Mon Sep 01 2014, 14:55

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:Probably because we've been on this decline since Wembley.. and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

I just don't believe that losing 5-0 to Stoke could leave a club in an irreparable mess for several years.

I think the misery started (or rather restarted) when Stu Holden broke his leg, a couple weeks before that match. He was the main reason everything was going right under Coyle. We never quite compensated for that loss, and it's just been one crap move after another since from both Coyle and Freedman. Well, I think Dougie has made some good decisions like getting rid of Kevin Davies, Knight, Petrov, Ricketts, maybe a few more, and some of his signings have added value but overall he's been poor.

I don't want us to get into the habit of changing manager every year, but I really think we need to just accept that we've cocked up. Again.

17Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Mon Sep 01 2014, 14:59

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's hard to see the players not wanting to play for him since most were brought in by him anyway. Despite a few of them making reasonable first impressions, like Danns and Feeney for example, they've just flattered to deceive. Maybe with the exception of Bogdan you couldn't make a decent case for any of them.

Now he's got the vote of confidence, you can reasonably assume it's only a matter of time before he's shown the door. The trouble is it would take some kind of miracle worker to fashion a decent side out of this shower of shite.

18Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Mon Sep 01 2014, 15:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it's time I got ready for a call from Phil Gartside, he can't fail to have been impressed with my application in October 2012:

Dear Phil

My name is Natasha Whittam and I would like to apply for the job of manager of Bolton Wanderers Football Club. No doubt you have heard of me, I am probably Bolton’s most famous fan, and I’m sure you have followed my work over the years on various BWFC forums. However, just in case you have spent the last few years with your head up your bottom, let me tell you more about me and why I am the right woman for the job.

I am 32 years of age and am Managing Director of Whittam International plc, one of the largest corporations in the country. In 2007 and 2008 I was voted ‘Preston Businesswoman of the Year’ and given the key to the city. Sir Richard Branson and Deborah Meaden regularly ask for my advice on their business matters, and I have just turned down Alan Sugar’s offer to take over from Karren Brady on the next series of ‘The Apprentice’.

However, it is my extensive football knowledge that should secure me the job. In my teenage years I was probably the best female footballer in the country, a female Steven Gerrard if you like. One minute I was clearing a shot off the line, the next I was up the other end powering in a diving header to win the match. In 1994 I lead Penwortham Girls School to victory in the National Girls School Cup at Deepdale. Despite breaking my ankle in the second minute after a vicious tackle from Stacey Grime, I went on to score the last minute winner with a sublime 25 yard volley that almost broke the net. Jason Lee (old pineapple head) described it as the best goal he had ever seen, and Gerald Cid has since said it’s the goal that inspired him to become a footballer. Even now, people still whisper about the goal on the terraces of Deepdale. The goal has had more YouTube hits than Gangnam Style.

It should also be noted that, unlike the other fools in the running for the job, I have been watching Bolton Wanderers virtually all my life. I was there the day Robbie Savage clinched promotion at Wrexham, the day Dean Crombie scored that beauty at Wembley against Torquay, the day Steve McAnespie became our record signing, and the day Owen Coyle gave Zat Knight a new contract. I’ve seen it all.

But it’s not only on the pitch where I have picked up my encyclopedic knowledge of football, as I have learnt just as much off it. Bruce Rioch once let me and my friend Karen shelter in his office at Burnden Park when it was pissing down outside. For 25 minutes we watched him write stuff, photocopy stuff, and struggle to put staples in his stapler. I vowed that one day I would follow in his footsteps.

I also had the pleasure of meeting Jussi Jaaskelainen in Ikon when he first signed for the club. He shook my hand and stared at my tits for fully 30 seconds. In that moment I feel I learnt what it was like to be a professional footballer.

And, of course, I dated Bolton-target David Nugent for nearly two years. He taught me everything about the game of football. How to miss open goals, how to dive, how to get paid for being shite, and most importantly, how to handle a professional footballer (usually a finger up the bum while I wanked him off).

So there you have it, what more could a Chairman want? I am available for interview at short notice (although I get my bikini line waxed on a Friday morning) where I would be happy to discuss my application further and perhaps show you one or two of my assets that other candidates definitely don’t have.

Yours sincerely

Natasha Whittam

19Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Mon Sep 01 2014, 15:13

Get some new material, your boring.

20Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Mon Sep 01 2014, 15:25

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:I think it's time I got ready for a call from Phil Gartside, he can't fail to have been impressed with my application in October 2012
I think your application still largely stands up to scrutiny but from what I've read you might need to update the sentence about bikini line waxing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum