Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman.

+10
Reebok Trotter
Norpig
wanderlust
observer
Numpty 28723
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
JAH
scottjames30
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Sun Sep 14 2014, 13:02

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:If we lose to Rotherham he'll be on his way. Unfortunately a draw (obviously we won't win) will prolong the agony at least another week.

You said the same this time last year before we played Yeovil. Doog is staying put

42Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Sun Sep 14 2014, 13:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

You said the same this time last year before we played Yeovil. Doog is staying put

As I've said before, everytime I said this the twat won a game.

Do you still think he's the man Boggers?

43Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Sun Sep 14 2014, 13:11

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

As I've said before, everytime I said this the twat won a game.

Do you still think he's the man Boggers?

Right man wrong time. I think he will flourish elsewhere

44Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Sun Sep 14 2014, 13:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

Why can't he do here what you think he'll do elsewhere?

45Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Sun Sep 14 2014, 13:12

On a checkout in Tesco?

46Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Sun Sep 14 2014, 13:13

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

Why can't he do here what you think he'll do elsewhere?

He's not got the experience to take us on, too big a job for him at the moment

47Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Sun Sep 14 2014, 13:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sadly I do think the time has come for a change, It gets to a point where no matter what he does now (short of a miraculous run that got us promoted, nothing less) would win the fans back, It's similar to the end of the Megson era, the fans have made their mind up, he's not the right man.

my main gripe with him is he simply hasn't put enough trust in youth, I respect the idea of players being "ready" but a club in our situation needs to let the reigns off, similar to Villa. Put your trust in players and build relationships that way, It also grows a bond with the fans who are desperate for "our own" to succeed and willing to excuse growing pains (a bit) 

the more i read on twitter and forums I really do think a lot of fans only care about having a former player in Charge, time and time again the only names that come up are Phil Brown and Jimmy Phillips. Baffling to me personally

48Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Sun Sep 14 2014, 13:37

Medic !!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Clapper down !!!!!!!!

Very Happy

49Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Sun Sep 14 2014, 13:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

the more i read on twitter and forums I really do think a lot of fans only care about having a former player in Charge, time and time again the only names that come up are Phil Brown and Jimmy Phillips. Baffling to me personally

I wouldn't consider Phil Brown, but putting people in charge from within the club is probably the safest and cheapest bet for now.

Put Freedman on gardening leave until his contract runs out, and task Phillips (and whoever else) with the job of keeping us up.

Just because Coyle tried and failed doesn't mean the next ex-player will. Allardyce didn't do a bad job.

50Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Sun Sep 14 2014, 13:48

Don't forget though, that for every Sam Allardyce, there has been a Phil Neal, John McGovern, Sammy Lee, Charlie Wright and (don't shoot me) Nat Lofthouse......

Just saying......

51Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Sun Sep 14 2014, 14:04

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I wouldn't consider Phil Brown, but putting people in charge from within the club is probably the safest and cheapest bet for now.

Put Freedman on gardening leave until his contract runs out, and task Phillips (and whoever else) with the job of keeping us up.

Just because Coyle tried and failed doesn't mean the next ex-player will. Allardyce didn't do a bad job.

I know all that, I'm not knocking the guys personally but should the main attribute of any new manager be "former player?"

52Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Sun Sep 14 2014, 15:12

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Not trying to start a who is next thing going but my personaly choice would be Russell Slade at Orient.

53Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Sun Sep 14 2014, 15:18

aaron_bwfc wrote:Not trying to start a who is next thing going but my personaly choice would be Russell Slade at Orient.
He's doing shit at Leyton Orient, near the bottom of the league and been told he has to win his next match or he will be sacked.

Great choice.

54Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Sun Sep 14 2014, 15:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:Not trying to start a who is next thing going but my personaly choice would be Russell Slade at Orient.

Well he'll probably be a free agent on Tuesday as the club owner has given him one game to save his job at Orient.

If only Uncle Eddie was so clear about things.

55Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Sun Sep 14 2014, 15:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i think Eddie Davies died years ago and they just keep rolling him out like they did with Brezhnev in Russia, it would explain why nothing ever gets done  Laughing

56Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Sun Sep 14 2014, 15:59

You may be onto something there, Mr Pig.

Eddie Davies is an anagram of "Devised aide", so he may be a made up character after all.......

It's all coming clear......

57Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Stand By Dougie Freedman. Sun Sep 14 2014, 16:04

Gartside was Keyser Soze Eddie Davies

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum