Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers

+24
Tigermin
wessy
Vendor
observer
Numpty 28723
JAH
karlypants
terenceanne
boltonbonce
luckyPeterpiper
Bollotom2014
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
scottjames30
Reebok Trotter
CAMPO
rammywhite
White84
MartinBWFC
Bolton Nuts
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

101Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 6 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Wed Sep 24 2014, 23:39

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
karlypants wrote:All I am going to say about the game and result is that I am not really going to complain at it to be honest.
I'm not moaning about the scoreline, more the performance.

We played ok, ok, getting bummed in 1 st half, but second half... Why go more defensive when 2 1 down?
The first 30mins I saw we really were getting pissed on, I am surprised that we weren't 5-0 down TBH, we sat back and took it all and never went forward until Mills scored.

I did miss a bit of the second half but I did see a bit of pressure from Bolton with them pushing up, some fantastic passing like they started to come together and pushing Chelsea back for a little while, don't forget that a lot of Chelsea's shots were from long range.

Not sure how Freedman went defensive with him bringing on Mason for Danns in the 83rd minute maybe hoping to nick a goal in the last 10mins, I know he brought on Spearing for Feeney although probably to shore up the poor defence that we had as they were shocking.

Still not a fan of Freedman but I hope some of the lads get a bit of a morale boost for this weekends game against Derby!

Last edited by karlypants on Wed Sep 24 2014, 23:41; edited 1 time in total

102Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 6 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Wed Sep 24 2014, 23:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Aye, had enough of this kind of abuse.

Won't be back.
Good

No it isn't good at all.

You're 29 years old ffs and we are on a 'friendly' football forum talking about the team we all support and you're abusing people simply because you don't like what they say!

I had you down as someone with a brain in his head and not just another Neanderthal, knuckle dragging thug - clearly I was wrong.

There's plenty of things you could have done if you didn't like what Hipster was saying - like ignoring him, or blocking him using the 'foe' facility on this site - instead you threatened and abused him.

Make you feel proud of yourself did it?

You've got a child I believe - would you be happy if some 'chav' threatens and abuses them in a few years time on the internet - just like their daddy's been doing tonight to someone else?

It's about time you grew up mate.

Football is just a game - you really should know that by now.

103Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 6 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Wed Sep 24 2014, 23:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton

IN BRIEF

A courageous Bolton Wanderers performance was not enough at Stamford Bridge as they exited the Capital One Cup at the hands of Premier League leaders Chelsea.

Kurt Zouma fired the Blues ahead from close-range after a Chelsea corner fell kindly to him inside the six-yard box, but Dougie Freedman’s side were soon level as Matt Mills rose highest to head home Liam Feeney’s free-kick.

However, Oscar’s long-range strike just before the hour-mark proved to be the difference on the night, as, despite a late surge from Wanderers, they were unable to find an equaliser against their top-flight opponents.

TEAM NEWS

Chris Herd was handed a Wanderers’ debut as Dougie Freedman made five changes to the side that lost at Wolves, with Jermaine Beckford, Neil Danns, Medo and Darren Pratley also coming into the side.

Elsewhere, there was a place on the bench for new signing Max Clayton while vice-captain Matt Mills skippered the side.

FIRST HALF

The hosts started the tie brightly with Andre Schurrle three times coming close to firing Chelsea in front inside the opening five minutes.

While the German’s aim might have been off for his first effort, only a fine fingertip save from Andy Lonergan denied him a second time after Schurrle tried his luck with a curling 30-yard free-kick, before Matt Mills had to be alert to clear away his goal-bound header moments later.

Lonergan produced another great save to deny the World Cup winner on the 15-minute mark, diving full-stretch to tip the World Cup winner’s curling 25-yard free-kick onto the bar.

Despite having done well to frustrate Chelsea in the opening quarter, restricting the hosts to shots from distance, Wanderers fell behind midway through the first half as a corner fell kindly to Kurt Zouma, allowing the defender to poke home from point-blank range.

It could have been 2-0 on the half-hour mark as Mohamed Salah received the ball on the edge of the Whites’ box, but the Egyptian was unable to find the target with his curling effort.

Awakened by falling behind, Bolton fought back however and soon found themselves level courtesy of their first shot on goal.

After the Trotters were awarded a free-kick after Neil Danns was brought down inside the Chelsea half, Liam Feeney stepped up to curl an inch-perfect cross to the far post where it was met by the forehead of Mills; the centre-back jumping highest to head the ball past the hapless Petr Cech much to the delight of the jubilant travelling support.

Rattled by Wanderers’ equaliser, Chelsea had to wait until just before the interval before they next called Lonergan into action.

Receiving the ball in midfield, Nathan Ake fired a fierce strike at goal from distance which seemed destined for the top corner, only to see the Whites keeper tip it away at the last moment, ensuring the sides went in at the break with the scores level.

SECOND HALF

Chelsea continued to press in the opening moments of the second half and again had only Lonergan to curse for their inability to take the lead, the Bolton shot-stopper standing tall to pull off a great reflex save to keep out Oscar’s near post header after the Brazilian connected with Schurrle’s free-kick.

There was nothing Lonergan could do to deny the Brazilian just short of the hour-mark however, as Chelsea re-took the lead.

Following Loic Remy’s burst into the Trotters’ half, the ball rebounded to Oscar on the edge of the area, allowing him to look up before unleashing an unstoppable drive into the bottom left-hand corner.

Oscar almost notched his second of the night after debutant Chris Herd brought down Schurrle on the edge of the Wanderers’ box. The Brazilian stepped up to take the set-piece, curling it at goal only to see it fly narrowly over the bar.

With the Whites tiring Chelsea were now the team in ascendency, and they twice came close to extending their lead in a matter of minutes.

First Remy could only shoot straight at Lonergan after Salah’s low cross fell to him at the far post, before Schurrle curled an effort narrowly wide after cutting in from the left-hand side.

After Lee Chung-Yong and Jay Spearing were introduced to the action in place of Craig Davies and Liam Feeney, Bolton switched to a more attacking system midway through the second half as they fought tooth and nail to once again level the scores.

Chelsea hit the woodwork for a second time in with ten minutes to go as Lonergan tipped Schurrle’s low strike against the post before leaping on the rebound.

Joe Mason came on soon after in place of Neil Danns as the Trotters continued to chase a late equaliser.

And a leveller almost came moments after the forward’s introduction, Lee Chung-Yong testing Cech with a low, rasping shot from the edge of the Chelsea box.

Wanderers were finishing the match the stronger and almost snatched a late equaliser as Jermaine Beckford came within inches of toeing home Mason’s deflected strike from the edge of the box.

But it was not to be for Dougie Freedman’s side despite their valiant efforts, as Chelsea held on to clinch a narrow win and secure their path to the Capital One Cup fourth round at the Whites’ expense.

FULL TIME

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

104Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 6 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Thu Sep 25 2014, 00:07

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Come on lads. Anyone would think we'd taken it up the bum like Wednesday did. Something we ALL fully expected.

I missed the the whole game, but when I was able to get online and readied myself for the results page, I was literally flinching and peeking through one eye to soften the blow of seeing the FT score. Proper Cybermen stuff.

We lost at Chelsea, by a single goal, in the League Cup. That's absolutely nothing to get your knickers in a twist about.

105Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 6 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Thu Sep 25 2014, 08:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rebel you utter bellend, I think you just abuse Freedman for the sake of it. We just lost narrowly to one of the best and richest teams in Europe. Of course Chelsea had all the play and all the shots, they're top of the PL and we're near the bottom of the Championship!

For fuck's sake, look what happened to Sheffield Wednesday when they "gave it a go". 0-0 at half-time, the manager thinks "we can nick this" and they let in 7 goals in under 45 minutes. Great confidence boost.

No one wants Freedman out more than me, but I'm not going to judge him on a narrow defeat to the best team in England.

106Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 6 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Thu Sep 25 2014, 08:55

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

:clap: :agree:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Rebel you utter bellend, I think you just abuse Freedman for the sake of it. We just lost narrowly to one of the best and richest teams in Europe. Of course Chelsea had all the play and all the shots, they're top of the PL and we're near the bottom of the Championship!

For fuck's sake, look what happened to Sheffield Wednesday when they "gave it a go". 0-0 at half-time, the manager thinks "we can nick this" and they let in 7 goals in under 45 minutes. Great confidence boost.

No one wants Freedman out more than me, but I'm not going to judge him on a narrow defeat to the best team in England.
:clap: :agree:

107Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 6 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Thu Sep 25 2014, 08:57

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Was the best BWFC performance of the season in some ways. Certainly CYL's best for an age. 

About the only player I think had a really bad night was Moxey. Everyone else was at least OK and up against the top team in the land they acquitted themselves pretty well overall.

108Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 6 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Thu Sep 25 2014, 09:08

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Fuck off hipster, try giving s shit for a change.

2 1 fteedman will milk that, he fuvked it up himself.

I'd rather go down fighting than see freedman try and limit damage by defending a loss.

If I ever se your pathetic apethi filled face EVER, I swear I will smash it up.
(Offensive threat)

Stay in Scotland, Bolton don't want or need you as a fan.

Hahaha Oh dear! So it takes a couple of pints for Rebel to reveal what a bellend he is.

Lose narrowly at Chelsea and that's not good enough for fans like Jah and Rebel, just proved neither have a clue what's going on.

109Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 6 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Thu Sep 25 2014, 09:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

FBs were tucked right in to force Chelsea to shoot from distance - classic bus-parking from Dougie. Herd hardly left our box. 
Mourinho was worried for once. Their first half goal had more than a bit of luck about it when it finally came. Mills header was perfectly placed - right in the corner so even the great Cech couldn't reach it. Unfortunately so was Oscar's shot - a beauty. But overall the system Dougie set up kept Chelsea at bay for long periods - something that better teams than ours have failed to do.
I could criticise the midfield for not closing down better (throughout the game) but they were chasing shadows - understandable as Chelsea's midfielders had more strength, power, pace and skill - that's why they cost so much. Even the reserves were selected from hundreds of top class candidates they have on their books so we couldn't expect anything less. I could also criticise individual performances, especially Moxey who was wasteful when he had the ball but what's the point?
We won't play Chelsea every week.
Unfortunately this system won't be much use in the Championship as we'd expect to be more adventurous and try to get forward more, but hopefully they'll carry the spirit they showed into the next few matches.
I was initially disappointed that Dougie didn't give Clayton and the youngsters a run out. I thought he might rest more of the regulars. On reflection I think Dougie did the right thing as that performance, despite being a loss, will have been a confidence boost for the lads.

110Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 6 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Thu Sep 25 2014, 09:33

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Probably went a little too far last night. Fair enough, I apologies. Hipsters apathetic attitude towards a team he is supposed to be a fan off really gets on my nerves sometimes and I see it as wuming. Sorry but I do. 

Whittam, I'm not apologizing to you as you change your views on a daily basis to fit whatever point your trying to make. 

I genuinely thought we could have nicked it last night with a bit (lot) of luck, in the last 15 or so mins Chelsea were getting rattled, all it would have taken was a more positive approach from freedman. Yes, I know what happened to SW and that WAS embarrassing, in the first half I believe Abu Dhabi united were complacent and regrouped in the second half to deliver a swift death, SW made the mistake of believing that was as good as city would get all night, much to their detriment. 

Il be honest, Lee did look world class yesterday. 

People seem to have some issue that I had a problem with the scoreline - I haven't. Id accepted a loss before we kicked off and after watching the first half was amazed we came in at 1-1. I do however genuinely believe that we COULD have got something out of it with an approach that showed less respect to the opposition and instead, threw the kitchen sink at them. 

Seriously, it was a do or die game.

111Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 6 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Thu Sep 25 2014, 10:10

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Probably went a little too far last night. Fair enough, I apologies. Sorry but I do. 

It takes a man to apologise. Well done.

112Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 6 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Thu Sep 25 2014, 10:17

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Dunno if you remember RT, not sure if you ever posted on 606, but that was classic Trigger... 

Embarassed

113Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 6 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Thu Sep 25 2014, 10:18

...even if he spells it wrong. Very Happy

114Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 6 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Thu Sep 25 2014, 10:20

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have never been on 606.

115Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 6 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Thu Sep 25 2014, 10:21

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Its not me, its my bloody Microsoft auto-correct.

116Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 6 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Thu Sep 25 2014, 10:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Its not me, its my bloody Microsoft auto-correct.
Not the hangover then? Very Happy

117Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 6 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Thu Sep 25 2014, 12:59

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Probably went a little too far last night. Fair enough, I apologies. Hipsters apathetic attitude towards a team he is supposed to be a fan off really gets on my nerves sometimes and I see it as wuming. Sorry but I do. 

Whittam, I'm not apologizing to you as you change your views on a daily basis to fit whatever point your trying to make. 

I genuinely thought we could have nicked it last night with a bit (lot) of luck, in the last 15 or so mins Chelsea were getting rattled, all it would have taken was a more positive approach from freedman. Yes, I know what happened to SW and that WAS embarrassing, in the first half I believe Abu Dhabi united were complacent and regrouped in the second half to deliver a swift death, SW made the mistake of believing that was as good as city would get all night, much to their detriment. 

Il be honest, Lee did look world class yesterday. 

People seem to have some issue that I had a problem with the scoreline - I haven't. Id accepted a loss before we kicked off and after watching the first half was amazed we came in at 1-1. I do however genuinely believe that we COULD have got something out of it with an approach that showed less respect to the opposition and instead, threw the kitchen sink at them. 

Seriously, it was a do or die game.
The way CYP played when he came on makes me wonder how we would have fared had he had not got hurt along with Holden.  Two players who could have made a big difference in a club without resources.  CYL was the sparkplug last night and I hope he can carry that to our championship league games.

118Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 6 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Thu Sep 25 2014, 13:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

You bellend. I think most posters on here would admit I've been against Freedman pretty much from day one. He should have been sacked months ago.

However, I'm not so blind that I'm going to slag the manager off for not winning a match at Chelsea.

You're lost the plot Rebel, seek therapy.

119Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 6 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Thu Sep 25 2014, 13:13

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

bwfc1874 wrote:

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Fuck off hipster, try giving s shit for a change.

2 1 fteedman will milk that, he fuvked it up himself.

I'd rather go down fighting than see freedman try and limit damage by defending a loss.

If I ever se your pathetic apethi filled face EVER, I swear I will smash it up.
(Offensive threat)

Stay in Scotland, Bolton don't want or need you as a fan.

Hahaha Oh dear! So it takes a couple of pints for Rebel to reveal what a bellend he is.

Lose narrowly at Chelsea and that's not good enough for fans like Jah and Rebel, just proved neither have a clue what's going on.

Don't use my name in that you fucking TWAT!

120Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 6 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Thu Sep 25 2014, 13:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i just hope we take some of this grit and determination forward to Saturday, i listened on the chatbox and it was one way traffic for large  chunks of the game and it did seem strange Dougie took off Feeney for Spearing but all in all we did well against a very good side.
Of course if we lose to Derby all this will be forgotten and the Dougie Out bandwagon will keep rolling on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum