Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers

+24
Tigermin
wessy
Vendor
observer
Numpty 28723
JAH
karlypants
terenceanne
boltonbonce
luckyPeterpiper
Bollotom2014
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
scottjames30
Reebok Trotter
CAMPO
rammywhite
White84
MartinBWFC
Bolton Nuts
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

41Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Tue Sep 23 2014, 23:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't see us getting a win, to be fair I think they will rip us apart.

3-0 to Chelsea

42Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Wed Sep 24 2014, 06:06

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:We haven't lost against Chelsea for about 3 years, I'm fairly confident about this game

That's because we haven't played them. Laughing

43Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Wed Sep 24 2014, 06:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't wait to see our line up for this. Assume Herd and Clayton will be at least on the bench - they'd be starting if it was up to me. I'd like to see Clayton and Mason as a front two as we'd be better off with 2 tricky players up front than the likes of Cavies and Beckford who would get nowhere against Chelsea's defence. No idea what system he'll go with for this game - could be anything.

44Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Wed Sep 24 2014, 10:27

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote: No idea what system he'll go with for this game - could be anything.

Neither does Dougie. Like with the penalty fiasco against Wolves, Dougie will leave it up to the players what system they play.

45Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Wed Sep 24 2014, 10:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JAH wrote:
wanderlust wrote: No idea what system he'll go with for this game - could be anything.

Neither does Dougie. Like with the penalty fiasco against Wolves, Dougie will leave it up to the players what system they play.
Dougie will have made his mind up what he wants but although I'd love it if he went for an experimental system involving the new players, I'd be surprised if it happened. Same system new players is perhaps the most likely scenario but it depends on how risk-averse DF is in a game that doesn't matter too much. Usually he's over-cautious which I think would be fatal against Chelsea. I just can't see how our midfield will be able to get forward.

46Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Wed Sep 24 2014, 10:37

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

To be honest I don't think the system matters much in a game like this. It's more to do with giving some squad players a run out both in terms of how they cope with the opposition who are more skilled than we are, and also seeing how they perform in a competitive match with other squad players with whom they won't often team up for a competitive game.
We'll be beaten but it might give some insights into whether any of the fringe players can perform

47Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Wed Sep 24 2014, 11:54

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I can't remember ever feeling less confident about the outcome of a game than this one.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

48Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Wed Sep 24 2014, 12:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Match preview: Chelsea v Bolton

SETTING THE SCENE

Wanderers’ reward for despatching Crewe Alexandra in the Capital One Cup second round is a trip to Stamford Bridge to face Premier League leaders Chelsea.

Boasting just one away against the Blues since 1975, Dougie Freedman’s side know the odds are stacked against them as they go in search for their first win on their travels this season, against a side yet to lose a match so far this campaign.

However, with Chelsea having drawn each of their last two matches, Jose Mourinho looks set to rotate his side for Wednesday night’s game, leaving Bolton keen to pounce on any unfamiliarity or uncertainty in the host’s ranks as they look to pull off a shock result.

ALL-TIME RECORD

Chelsea winsDrawsBolton wins
League472734
League Cup212
FA Cup200
Total512836

TEAM NEWS

Chris Herd goes straight into the Wanderers’ first team squad and could make his Whites debut after completing his loan move Aston Villa earlier this week.

Kevin McNaughton could make his first appearance since last month’s clash with Middlesbrough, having been an unused substitute for Saturday’s clash with Wolves.

Meanwhile, Adam Bogdan, Liam Trotter and David Wheater remain long-term absentees for Bolton, while Marc Tierney and Sanmi Odelusi will also miss out.

LAST TIME OUT

21/09/2014: Manchester City 1-1 Chelsea (Schurrle 71)

Chelsea dropped points for the first time this season as club legend Frank Lampard came back to haunt his old club, securing a point for ten-man Manchester City.

After the hosts had seen Pablo Zabaleta sent off following a tussle with Diego Costa, substitute Andre Schurrle converted Eden Hazard’s low cross to give Chelsea following a pulsating counter-attack.

However, City equalised through a substitute of their own five minutes from time as Lampard timed his run into Chelsea box to perfection, volleying home James Milner’s cutback to secure his new side a share of the points.

Chelsea: Courtois, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta, Fabregas, Matic, Ramires (Mikel 62), Willian (Schurrle 62), Hazard, Diego Costa (Drogba 85).

ONE TO WATCH

Having scored the penalty which won Chelsea the Champions League for the first time in the club’s history with his very last touch in a Blues shirt back in 2012, club legend Didier Drogba returned to Stamford Bridge earlier this summer, reuniting with Jose Mourinho by signing a one-year deal.

Although no longer the star man at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea look set to rotate their side heading into Wednesday night’s Capital One Cup clash, with Drogba set to lead the line in place of fellow new signing Diego Costa.

A man who needs no introduction to either set of supporters, the former Ivory Coast captain scored eight goals against Bolton during his previous stint with Chelsea, and will be keen to add to that tally as he searches for his first goal since returning to the club.

LAST TIME WE WERE HERE

25/02/2012: Chelsea 3-0 Bolton Wanderers (Luiz 48, Drogba 61, Lampard 79)

The last time Wanderers travelled to Stamford Bridge came during their last second in the Premier League, when second half goals from David Luiz, Didier Drogba and Frank Lampard secured a 3-0 win for Chelsea.

Bolton's hopes of pulling off a shock win - and a first over Chelsea since 2003 – had looked good after a solid defensive first-half display in which new signing Tim Ream and David Wheater excelled.

However, once Luiz curled home the opener moments after the restart, few in Stamford Bridge doubted what the eventual outcome would be, with Drogba heading home his side’s second before a Lampard volley wrapped up the win late on.

MAN IN THE MIDDLE

Oxfordshire-based referee Graham Scott takes charge of Wanderers’ midweek trip to Stamford Bridge as they take on Premier League Chelsea in the Capital One Cup third round.

Mr Scott has taken charge of four Whites’ fixtures in the past, including the club’s visit to Brighton & Hove Albion earlier in the campaign.

This will be the third Capital One Cup tie Mr Scott has overseen this season, having officiated Port Vale’s 6-2 first round victory over Hartlepool United and Bradford City’s 2-1 win over Leeds United in the second round.

Ryan T. Atkin and Thomas Ramsey will run the line, while Jonathan Moss is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

49Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Wed Sep 24 2014, 12:04

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman relishing Chelsea clash

Bolton Wanderers manager Dougie Freedman has said that his players will not be intimidated by Chelsea.

The Championship outfit will take on the Premier League leaders in the third round of the Capital One Cup at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday.

The Trotters will head into the encounter as the underdogs and on a run of poor form, having slipped down to just a place above the relegation zone following a 1-0 away defeat to Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday.

Freedman understands that it will be a tall order for Bolton to win at Chelsea, but insists that his players will give Jose Mourinho’s team a run for their money.

"In terms of playing Chelsea every season, this gives the players a taste," he told the Daily Telegraph. "This is what the great game of this country gives us.

"We can get put against teams from a different division with very different finances. We are playing one of the best teams in Europe.

"Chelsea are the best team in the country. The league says so. They've grown since Mr Mourinho got them last year. They will prove to a lot of people that they are the best team in this year.

"Mr Mourinho works with 22, 23 players and no matter who he picks the chance of them being an international player will be very high. I'm going to say to the players: 'We've worked hard for this. This is what you could be playing against.'

"We will give Chelsea respect but we won't be in fear of them. Mr Mourinho is one of the best in the business. He's proved that many times.

"I'll be encouraging my players, but also I'll be looking to my left to see how he's moving, his actions towards what's happening. I will be learning from this experience, growing from this experience, no matter the result."

50Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Wed Sep 24 2014, 12:37

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Dougie Freedman relishing Chelsea clash

It won't last very long, tell Mr Freedman from me he's about to get a lesson in attacking football.

51Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Wed Sep 24 2014, 12:42

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

scottjames30 wrote:
karlypants wrote:Dougie Freedman relishing Chelsea clash

It won't last very long, tell Mr Freedman from me he's about to get a lesson in attacking football.

I know full well that a manager has to say stuff like this before going into a match- and even three years ago you could have taken them seriously. But at the moment with the way that things are, they're simply comical

52Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Wed Sep 24 2014, 12:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:To be honest I don't think the system matters much in a game like this. It's more to do with giving some squad players a run out both in terms of how they cope with the opposition who are more skilled than we are, and also seeing how they perform in a competitive match with other squad players with whom they won't often team up for a competitive game.
We'll be beaten but it might give some insights into whether any of the fringe players can perform

He won't pick fringe players tonight, it'll be our strongest line up.

53Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Wed Sep 24 2014, 12:47

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:To be honest I don't think the system matters much in a game like this. It's more to do with giving some squad players a run out both in terms of how they cope with the opposition who are more skilled than we are, and also seeing how they perform in a competitive match with other squad players with whom they won't often team up for a competitive game.

Very much doubt it- he won't risk our fragile, injury prone players in a pointless clash like this

54Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Wed Sep 24 2014, 14:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:

Very much doubt it- he won't risk our fragile, injury prone players in a pointless clash like this

I don't think he'll risk sending out a reserve team for fear of literally losing 15-0.

55Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Wed Sep 24 2014, 16:19

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Our strongest line up would be our starting eleven... oh wait, we don't have a starting eleven!  Bah humbug!!!

56Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Wed Sep 24 2014, 18:40

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lonergan, Herd, Mills, Dervite, Moxey, Pratley, Medo, Danns, Feeney, C Davies, Beckford

subs: Kenny, McNaughton, Spearing, Ream, Lee, Mason, Clayton

Cech, Filipe, Zouma, Ake, Oscar, Mikel, Schurrle, Salah, Remy, Cahill, Azpilicueta

subs: Schwarzer, Ivanovic, Hazard, Drogba, Matic, Christensen, Baker

57Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Wed Sep 24 2014, 18:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I said full strength. Not that 'Pratley' and 'strength' should really be used in the same sentence.

58Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Wed Sep 24 2014, 18:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's a weak Chelsea side, we should be winning this.

59Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Wed Sep 24 2014, 18:52

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Where the f is Mark Davies again

60Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea 2-1 Bolton Wanderers Wed Sep 24 2014, 18:53

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:Where the f is Mark Davies again

Give over- the lad's tired!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum