Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL

+29
Numpty 28723
wanderlust
finlaymcdanger
Hip Priest
rammywhite
Reebok Trotter
Copper Dragon
Keegan
NickFazer
bryan458
gloswhite
scottjames30
luckyPeterpiper
Norpig
aaron_bwfc
Mr Magoo
karlypants
Bwfc1958
Pevensey Pete
rogercpc
MartinBWFC
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
doffcocker
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
Chairmanda
Hipster_Nebula
33 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

1WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Empty WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Sun Oct 12 2014, 14:04

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

flower

2WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Empty Re: WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Sun Oct 12 2014, 14:10

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Scottish AND Ginger? Lennon out! Seriously, I hope he knows the parameters in which he can work, and as BWFC manager, he gets total support from the fans because I don't think it's gonna be easy

3WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Empty Re: WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Sun Oct 12 2014, 14:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm with him all the way! COYWM. Rolling Eyes

4WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Empty Re: WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Sun Oct 12 2014, 14:14

He's Irish and Strawberry blonde.

5WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Empty Re: WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Sun Oct 12 2014, 14:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lennon will be joined at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by assistant manager Johan Mjallby and first team coach Garry Parker. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

6WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Empty Re: WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Sun Oct 12 2014, 14:18

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm pretty happy with this appointment.

7WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Empty Re: WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Sun Oct 12 2014, 14:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never liked him as a person always thought he had mince for brains tbh.

putting that aside now, time to back the manager. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

8WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Empty Re: WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Sun Oct 12 2014, 14:22

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very happy with this, he's the type of manager that is needed to kick our players into shape.

9WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Empty Re: WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Sun Oct 12 2014, 14:26

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Absolutely astonished.

I expected this be drawn out for another week, before he realised what a poisoned chalice the job is, and backed out.
I expected it to go that way with any credible candidates.
In fact, I never expected any credible candidates to put their name forward.

Whatever you think of him as a manager, there are dozens it would have been easier and cheaper to appoint. The least it does is get a lot of alienated fans back on board. For the time being.

10WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Empty Re: WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Sun Oct 12 2014, 14:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Will he be bringing in his own backroom staff?

11WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Empty Re: WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Sun Oct 12 2014, 14:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

WANDERERS have called on Celtic warrior Neil Lennon to revive their fortunes in the Championship.

Talks with the former Northern Ireland international, revealed on Friday, continued over the weekend and the formalities of a rolling one-year deal were completed yesterday.

Wanderers spoke with a handful of big names, including Chris Hughton, Steve Clarke, Malky Mackay and Tony Mowbray but opted for Lennon despite his lack of experience in Championship football.

Lennon’s only managerial role so far came North of the Border in four years at Glasgow Celtic, where he won three league titles and two Scottish Cups.

Since leaving Parkhead in May he has been linked with a number of jobs, including that of Championship rivals Cardiff City and Fulham, but almost from the moment his interest in the Bolton post became public knowledge, he was installed as the favourite by most bookmakers, many of whom had closed the book by yesterday afternoon.

Phil Gartside, Brett Warbuton and Eddie Davies are believed to be impressed with the way the Northern Irishman came over in his interview, and his plans to reenergise a club that had slumped during the final days of Dougie Freedman’s.

Speaking recently, Lennon admitted he was ready to return to work nearly four months after leaving Glasgow – and that he would relish the chance to work in the second tier.

“I’ve had a nice break and feel I have a lot to offer,” he said. “I’ve been pretty successful at Celtic so I’m looking for a new challenge.

“Where that takes me I don’t know. I’d have no hesitation in working in the English Championship.”

Lennon worked with former Sweden international Johan Mjallby at Celtic and also had ex-Nottingham Forest midfielder Garry Parker as his first team coach.

While news of his appointment has been largely welcomed by supporters, the situation that the 43-year-old steps into at the Macron Stadium is a challenging one, to say the very least.

The Championship table makes poor reading, with Wanderers five points adrift of safety with just 10 games played.
Lennon must also try to unite an unhappy fan-base who despite settling their differences with previous manager Dougie Freedman, look set to continue their calls for chairman Phil Gartside to resign.

It is understood that a limited amount of finances will be made available for new signings in January but that the loan market will again be the club’s main route for fresh blood.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

12WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Empty Re: WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Sun Oct 12 2014, 14:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Will he be bringing in his own backroom staff?

See post 5 above.

13WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Empty Re: WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Sun Oct 12 2014, 14:39

Get Commons in January and we might just survive now.......

14WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Empty Re: WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Sun Oct 12 2014, 14:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Crazy, crazy appointment, but once again the stupid Bolton fans think this is a great decision by the board.

Lennon has no experience of managing in English football, never mind the Championship. He has absolutely no experience of managing on a shoestring and his only managerial role was in the easiest job in European football.

This is a mental appointment and just because Lennon might be able to fire the players up more than Dougie doesn't mean results will improve.

You heard it here first, I'll bet Lennon doesn't make it until the end of the season.

15WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Empty Re: WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Sun Oct 12 2014, 14:47

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Not sure how I feel about this, very inexperienced in the English leagues, on the other hand, sounds like he won't take no shit, so if he can wake this shower of shit out of their hibernation, and actually get them playing, then that's good enough for me.

On the plus side he's been given a one year rolling contract, so if he does turn out to be a bit shit he can be sent out for not a lot of dosh, at least they are learning.

16WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Empty Re: WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Sun Oct 12 2014, 14:50

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Crazy, crazy appointment, but once again the stupid Bolton fans think this is a great decision by the board.

Lennon has no experience of managing in English football, never mind the Championship. He has absolutely no experience of managing on a shoestring and his only managerial role was in the easiest job in European football.

This is a mental appointment and just because Lennon might be able to fire the players up more than Dougie doesn't mean results will improve.

You heard it here first, I'll bet Lennon doesn't make it until the end of the season.

And so it begins..

17WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Empty Re: WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Sun Oct 12 2014, 14:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:Not sure how I feel about this, very inexperienced in the English leagues, on the other hand, sounds like he won't take no shit, so if he can wake this shower of shit out of their hibernation, and actually get them playing, then that's good enough for me.

On the plus side he's been given a one year rolling contract, so if he does turn out to be a bit shit he can be sent out for not a lot of dosh, at least they are learning.

My mole says it's a 4 year deal.

18WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Empty Re: WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Sun Oct 12 2014, 14:52

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Crazy, crazy appointment, but once again the stupid Bolton fans think this is a great decision by the board.

And so it begins..
Did it ever fucking stop?

19WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Empty Re: WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Sun Oct 12 2014, 14:53

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you want to be deeply confused and depressed go and look at the BWFC facebook.

how the fuck can you be a "rangers and bolton fan" what on earth is the Rangers connection to Bolton? Have I missed something, already some utter toppers dishing out sectarian bollocks.

20WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Empty Re: WELCOME NEIL LENNON OFFICIAL Sun Oct 12 2014, 14:56

Wouldn't say it was a crazy appointment, but it certainly is a risky one.

Our goal now is to avoid relegation - simple as that.

Can he do it?

I honestly don't know because he has absolutely zero experience of managing a team in the circumstances we find ourselves in currently - no money, crap squad, disgruntled fans, etc.

It's a world away from Sellick.......

There's a part of me that thinks Gartside has given him the job purely to appease the fans by bringing in an alleged "big name" but he's not really though, is he?

All he's done is win the league in Scotland during a period when it would have actually been harder to lose it than win it, ie without Rangers.

I'm not convinced but I'll give him a fair crack.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum