Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phoenix Nights - the return?

+12
Copper Dragon
scottjames30
karlypants
rammywhite
Soul Kitchen
xmiles
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Banks of the Croal
Bolton Nuts
bwfc71
Sluffy
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Phoenix Nights - the return? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Sun Nov 30 2014, 16:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:"We're Bolton, we're barmy,we're on the piss tonight"

"How far away are they?"
Very Happy

22Phoenix Nights - the return? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Mon Dec 01 2014, 08:48

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:Got through to buy tickets on the internet, then the price came up.

Was anyone stupid enough to spend £60 a ticket for this?

yes i was stupid enough, thanks Barb!

23Phoenix Nights - the return? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Mon Dec 01 2014, 10:06

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I got some tix too, but not that price.

24Phoenix Nights - the return? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Mon Dec 01 2014, 13:07

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

£60 was for the lower tier, if you're in the upper tier you may as well wait for the DVD to come out Very Happy

25Phoenix Nights - the return? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Mon Dec 01 2014, 14:36

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There were cheaper seats in the lower tier! 
Are you sure you didn't get your tix from get me in? 
They were on sale at ten past eleven!!

26Phoenix Nights - the return? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Mon Dec 01 2014, 16:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:There were cheaper seats in the lower tier! 

mine were on the side of the lower tier so should be nearer the stage. I don't care how much they cost just hope its a good show.

27Phoenix Nights - the return? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Mon Dec 01 2014, 16:22

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:There were cheaper seats in the lower tier! 

mine were on the side of the lower tier so should be nearer the stage. I don't care how much they cost just hope its a good show.

Big spender

28Phoenix Nights - the return? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Mon Dec 01 2014, 16:40

I loved Phoenix Nights when it first came out and was proud to see "little old Bolton" on national telly.

I bought the video (yes kids, it was that long ago) and still have it somewhere.

Peter Kay's down to earth style really struck a chord and I thought he was very funny.

However.........

After twenty years of him rehashing the same act over and over again (and people apparently not noticing this fact) I've really gone off him.

I think part of the reason is that whenever I see him on TV, he seems a bit up his own arse and comes across as a bit "sneery", for want of a better word.

I just don't like the bloke.

29Phoenix Nights - the return? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Mon Dec 01 2014, 16:52

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Breadman wrote:I loved Phoenix Nights when it first came out and was proud to see "little old Bolton" on national telly.

I bought the video (yes kids, it was that long ago) and still have it somewhere.

Peter Kay's down to earth style really struck a chord and I thought he was very funny.

However.........

After twenty years of him rehashing the same act over and over again (and people apparently not noticing this fact) I've really gone off him.

I think part of the reason is that whenever I see him on TV, he seems a bit up his own arse and comes across as a bit "sneery", for want of a better word.

I just don't like the bloke.

:agree:

30Phoenix Nights - the return? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Mon Dec 01 2014, 17:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Quite a demand for tickets. It's now gone from 2 gigs,to 13.

31Phoenix Nights - the return? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Tue Dec 02 2014, 10:44

I am predicting here and now that this will be a case of "Emperor's New Clothes" on an industrial scale.

It won't be anywhere near as funny as the original show, there will be loads of (scripted) ad libbing, with Kay shoehorning "Garlic Bread!" in wherever possible, McGuinness will have a larger role to play than is probably advisable, given his new found "star" status and it will all leave the fans feeling a bit let down but nobody will admit it because they are all desperate for it to be brilliant.

(And I bet they all sing Amarillo at some point.......)

32Phoenix Nights - the return? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Tue Dec 02 2014, 13:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bloody hell Breaders, in a bad mood? I'm looking forward to it. Phoenix Nights is one of my favourites and even if its not up to the standard of the series its for charity and a good cause at the end of the day.

33Phoenix Nights - the return? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Tue Dec 02 2014, 13:14

Norpig wrote:bloody hell Breaders, in a bad mood?

Very Happy

Yes, woke up this morning to find the boiler's packed up, so there's no hot water and I've got to spend the day waiting for an engineer to come out and charge me about two hundred quid to swap a ten quid pressure relief valve.

Wankers!

34Phoenix Nights - the return? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Tue Dec 02 2014, 13:16

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

Very Happy

Yes, woke up this morning to find the boiler's packed up, so there's no hot water and I've got to spend the day waiting for an engineer to come out and charge me about two hundred quid to swap a ten quid pressure relief valve.

Wankers!

stick on a Phoenix Nights DVD and cheer yourself up Laughing

35Phoenix Nights - the return? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Tue Dec 02 2014, 13:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

Very Happy

Wankers!
Get some boiler cover! Very Happy

36Phoenix Nights - the return? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Tue Dec 02 2014, 13:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

37Phoenix Nights - the return? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Tue Dec 02 2014, 13:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing

38Phoenix Nights - the return? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Tue Dec 02 2014, 13:25

Whittam's right about you lot........

Bastards!

Very Happy

39Phoenix Nights - the return? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Tue Dec 02 2014, 13:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's just no helping some people! Evil or Very Mad

40Phoenix Nights - the return? - Page 2 Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Tue Dec 02 2014, 13:29

boltonbonce wrote:There's just no helping some people! Evil or Very Mad

I phoned the bloke in that advert in your link but he just came and stood in front of the boiler saying:

"The pressure's too low. It needs to be higher.....higher!" and waving his arms up and down in a truly annoying way.

I threw him out in the end and he skulked off saying "Well, it was nice to see you..."

...and then I slammed the front door before he could finish.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum