Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

One o'clock kick offs are best!

+5
Keegan
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
largehat
jayjay23
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1One o'clock kick offs are best! Empty One o'clock kick offs are best! Mon May 07 2012, 17:58

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Well?

Discuss.

2One o'clock kick offs are best! Empty Re: One o'clock kick offs are best! Mon May 07 2012, 18:24

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Football matches should take place at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon.

3One o'clock kick offs are best! Empty Re: One o'clock kick offs are best! Mon May 07 2012, 18:29

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm usually still in bed at 1pm Saturdays, hungover.

4One o'clock kick offs are best! Empty Re: One o'clock kick offs are best! Mon May 07 2012, 18:52

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But why are they the best JayJay?

5One o'clock kick offs are best! Empty Re: One o'clock kick offs are best! Mon May 07 2012, 18:52

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I've always been partial to a 3:30pm kick-off on a Saturday, but different cultures obviously.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

6One o'clock kick offs are best! Empty Re: One o'clock kick offs are best! Mon May 07 2012, 19:24

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Why?

I enjoyed going to the game on Saturday at 2pm and being home by 4pm. I felt like I had a full evening ahead of me instead of it being gone. Granted, I left in injury time so got home in 10 min instead of the usual hour but still...

A 3pm kick off means I basically hang around all day on a Saturday waiting for it to be time to go to the game and then I don't get in til gone six (assuming I come straight home) and the whole day is gone.

Basically the whole day is a write off on a Saturday if there is a 3pm kick off. You could say it takes the same amount of time whichever way around it is because I get more time at home before the game but you know what it's like, you can't get stuck into anything properly or make any decent plans cos you know the game is coming up soon.

7One o'clock kick offs are best! Empty Re: One o'clock kick offs are best! Mon May 07 2012, 19:34

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

That's great, jayjay, but what if we are away at Swansea or Sunderland or similar? How does 1pm suit you for getting to the game then?

8One o'clock kick offs are best! Empty Re: One o'clock kick offs are best! Mon May 07 2012, 20:10

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You can keep the 1230, 1pm, 2pm and 530pm kick-off!

All games should kick off at 3pm on Saturdays.

9One o'clock kick offs are best! Empty Re: One o'clock kick offs are best! Mon May 07 2012, 20:18

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

JayJay, I'm assuming you're not married. Saturday morning is to get the shopping Very Happy

10One o'clock kick offs are best! Empty Re: One o'clock kick offs are best! Mon May 07 2012, 20:52

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Nah. I do my shopping after the match or Thursdays for some reason. (common law)

So am I the only one who thinks earlier kick offs are a decent idea? Why do people like 3pms then other than tradition?

2 and half hours Bolton to Sunderland. 3 and half to Chelsea. So you set off at 9 instead of 11 am. Simple.

Also you get back from Chelsea for 8 or 9pm instead of 10 or 11pm or later.

11One o'clock kick offs are best! Empty Re: One o'clock kick offs are best! Mon May 07 2012, 21:15

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Two and a half hours Bolton to Sunderland? Presumably you think everyone drives to all away games and parks right outside the ground, with no traffic, ever, and that they don't want to eat or do anything else the whole day other than travel and watch the game.

For last week's trip to Sunderland (3pm kick off) I had to be at Bolton train station at 8.30am, to get to Sunderland about 12.30pm, to have lunch and a couple of beers before heading to the ground for 2.30pm. And I live about 4 miles from Bolton train station, so I was up at about 7am.

EDIT - and my brother lives in Kent and he came up for the game on the train, he wouldn't have been able to make it at all for a 1pm kick off.

12One o'clock kick offs are best! Empty Re: One o'clock kick offs are best! Tue May 08 2012, 11:37

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

largehat wrote:Two and a half hours Bolton to Sunderland? Presumably you think everyone drives to all away games and parks right outside the ground, with no traffic, ever, and that they don't want to eat or do anything else the whole day other than travel and watch the game.

For last week's trip to Sunderland (3pm kick off) I had to be at Bolton train station at 8.30am, to get to Sunderland about 12.30pm, to have lunch and a couple of beers before heading to the ground for 2.30pm. And I live about 4 miles from Bolton train station, so I was up at about 7am.

EDIT - and my brother lives in Kent and he came up for the game on the train, he wouldn't have been able to make it at all for a 1pm kick off.

True. But. There are 1245 kick offs and 130 kick offs every week and people still make it if they want to.

13One o'clock kick offs are best! Empty Re: One o'clock kick offs are best! Tue May 08 2012, 12:13

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

jayjay23 wrote:
largehat wrote:Two and a half hours Bolton to Sunderland? Presumably you think everyone drives to all away games and parks right outside the ground, with no traffic, ever, and that they don't want to eat or do anything else the whole day other than travel and watch the game.

True. But. There are 1245 kick offs and 130 kick offs every week and people still make it if they want to.

You're right, but they are either local derbies or live on Sky, and should be the exception not the rule IMO.

14One o'clock kick offs are best! Empty Re: One o'clock kick offs are best! Tue May 08 2012, 12:15

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

3pm =

time to recover from hangover.

time to have lunch.

time to go to the pub.

get back at dinner time. Smile

perfect.

15One o'clock kick offs are best! Empty Re: One o'clock kick offs are best! Tue May 08 2012, 14:16

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
All games should kick off at 3pm on Saturdays.

. I agree. Bloody TV has ruined the modern game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum