Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Neil Lennon admits Sunderland and Hull target Chung-Yong Lee could be leaving the Macron

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Lennon admits contract talks with Chung-Yong Lee have stalled this week – raising the prospect that he will be moving on in January.

Wanderers face the tough decision on whether to sell their South Korean star this month or allow him to walk away for free in the summer.

Sunderland and Hull City are among the Premier League clubs said to be tracking his progress at the Asia Cup in Australia – but while Lennon still hold out a slim hope he will be able to convince the 26-year-old to stay, he accepts his exit is now more likely.

“I haven’t really spoken to him,” he told The Bolton News. “I don’t know where his agent is at the moment. Maybe they are playing a bit of hardball.

“But there is interest in him. Again that’s a situation we don’t want to face but we’ll have to.”

Chung-Yong could miss the whole of January if South Korea reach the final of the Asia Cup, with their group due to kick off against Oman on Saturday.

Lennon is keeping his fingers crossed that he will be able to select his playmaker again, though, even if it is for a final hurrah in the FA Cup fourth round tie at Anfield.

“I hope he comes back injury free. I hope South Korea struggle a little bit and go out early because we could do with him at the Liverpool game,” he added.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum