Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chris Eagles - Worth a punt?

+12
BoltonTillIDie
Soul Kitchen
terenceanne
luckyPeterpiper
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
karlypants
bryan458
Norpig
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Empty Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Sun Jan 18 2015, 19:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The 29-year-old former Manchester United youngster joined the Seasiders in November on a short-term contract, which expired this weekend.

Manager Lee Clark said: "We'll not be renewing Chris's contract, we'll be using the finance for that one elsewhere.

"We've got other areas where we need to strengthen."

Eagles made seven appearances for Blackpool and scored one goal, in the 2-2 draw at Charlton last month.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Sun Jan 18 2015, 19:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ha ha.

No.

3Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Sun Jan 18 2015, 19:19

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Id take him, Lennon would turn him into Messi.

4Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Sun Jan 18 2015, 19:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

well we are short of wingers....

5Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Sun Jan 18 2015, 19:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We're short of a left sided player.

6Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Sun Jan 18 2015, 19:43

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

No Thanks, More interested in hair gel than football!!!!1

7Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Sun Jan 18 2015, 19:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

thats that then get on the blower and get it sorted, How about £500 a week, an endless supply of Carrs pasties and a free pass to a beauty salon? That should swing it  Very Happy

8Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Sun Jan 18 2015, 19:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now he really is one ponce so no thanks!

9Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Sun Jan 18 2015, 20:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Now he really is one ponce so no thanks!

I don't know what you mean.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

10Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Sun Jan 18 2015, 20:04

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We've got andy kellett, fuck eagles

11Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Sun Jan 18 2015, 20:14

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Never trust a man with a bag!

12Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Sun Jan 18 2015, 20:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Never trust a man with a bag!

13Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Sun Jan 18 2015, 20:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

14Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Tue Jan 20 2015, 14:07

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It may make me sound bonkers but yes I'd bring him back. I think under DF he was stifled and the system we played was too defensive for Eagles to really show his best. Neil's a very different and much better manager and I think he could get the best out of Chris and consistently too. I'd start with a short term deal, say to the end of the season and see how it goes because as others have pointed out on here we're a bit short of left sided players with real ability. Chris Eagles has bags of it but never showed it week in week out because in my opinion he wasn't used correctly. Neil could and I think would give him a licence to do what he does best and let the other midfielders and defence back him up.

15Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Tue Jan 20 2015, 14:12

Eagles hasn't showed consistency at any point during his career. Lennon wants hard work and fast pressing from his players, Eagles is incapable of either either by lack of willing or lack of ability. I'd rather see Clough/Kellet given a go in the attacking positions.

16Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Tue Jan 20 2015, 15:41

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'd give him another shot if the price was right.  He didn't get along with Doogie.....nowt usual about that apparently.  Lennon might get a lot more out of him IMO.

17Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Tue Jan 20 2015, 15:47

terenceanne wrote:I'd give him another shot if the price was right.  He didn't get along with Doogie.....nowt usual about that apparently.  Lennon might get a lot more out of him IMO.

Although Freedman's motivation was obviously poor, I'm yet to see the evidence of people not getting on with him, other than those he ditched from the team.

18Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Tue Jan 20 2015, 15:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Although Freedman's motivation was obviously poor, I'm yet to see the evidence of people not getting on with him, other than those he ditched from the team.

Thing is 1874, all managers have to drop players - the key is to do it without pissing them off.

19Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Tue Jan 20 2015, 16:06

I actually meant players like SKD he chose to get rid of.

20Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Chris Eagles - Worth a punt? Tue Jan 20 2015, 16:14

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

NO ffs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum