Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+30
JAH
doffcocker
Copper Dragon
Reebok_Rebel
luckyPeterpiper
Norpig
Keegan
Boggersbelief
karlypants
Barryjw
aaron_bwfc
finlaymcdanger
bryan458
terenceanne
Reebok Trotter
Mr Magoo
Blackhand
MartinBWFC
observer
rogercpc
wanderlust
xmiles
Bwfc1958
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
scottjames30
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 37 of 50]

721Transfer rumours ! - Page 37 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu May 21 2015, 12:25

Bwfc1958 wrote:So if we were bought out with big money could we spend more than we currently are doing?

It depends, I don't know how far short of balancing the books we are. 

But in theory we could spend more, FFP allows owners to make a cash injection (I think it's 8 million?) to help balance the books. The massive clubs can get round it by doing things like selling sponsorships to their own companies for over inflated prices - City and Etihad, Qatar and PSG.

Wouldn't work as well for us obviously, we could spend a bit more but not a lot without an increase in revenue.

722Transfer rumours ! - Page 37 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu May 21 2015, 16:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surely it would be up to the new owners to decide what their budget is. The more they spend on acquiring the club, the less remaining for the player budget I'd have thought.
There is history of new owners hardly spending anything on the team in their effort to balance the books although I'd hope that in our case, the austerity will finally pay off but ATM we're still losing money to the tune of £5 million.

723Transfer rumours ! - Page 37 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu May 21 2015, 21:26

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers stopper Adam Bogdan is believed to be on the radar of Nottingham Forest manager Dougie Freedman, according to the Nottingham Post.

The 27-year-old Hungrian international could be tempted to make the switch Trentside and form another working relationship with former boss Freedman, if he decides not to sign the contract offered by Trotters boss Neil Lennon.

Bogdan has been retained by Bolton and is therefore expected to sign a new deal, unless a better offer is put in front of him.

The Reds look to have signed former Derby County player Jamie Ward on a free transfer after the tricky winger has believed to agreed terms and passed a medical at the club, and Freedman will be hoping he can lure Bogdan to the City Ground despite the Reds’ limit on wages of £10,000 a week, due to the FFP transfer embargo they find themselves in.

Freedman is expected to face a difficult task in signing the goalkeeper with Forest understood to have enquired about his availability.

Bogdan has a number of options regarding his future along with the offer from his current club Bolton and will certainly be harder to sign due to financial limits Forest have to abide by.

Another ‘keeper, Andy Lonergan, recently released by Bolton Wanderers could also be a goalkeeper Freedman may ponder on with wages realistically achievable despite the wage restrictions.

Lonergan was first choice at the Macron Stadium, in front of Bogdan, before picking up a red card and concussion at the City Ground in February.

With former Forest number one, Karl Darlow, heading to Newcastle United, either goalkeeper could fill the void for Dougie Freedman’s side.

The incentive of the guaranteed number 1 shirt and regular football may be enough to lure Bogdan or Lonergan to the City Ground.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

724Transfer rumours ! - Page 37 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu May 21 2015, 21:27

Surely we are offering him more than 10k a week

725Transfer rumours ! - Page 37 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu May 21 2015, 21:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't Dougie say that he didn't like obtaining players from previous clubs that he's managed? Very Happy

726Transfer rumours ! - Page 37 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu May 21 2015, 21:33

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That was my thoughts too...

727Transfer rumours ! - Page 37 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu May 21 2015, 21:34

y2johnny wrote:Surely we are offering him more than 10k a week

They're probably doing what a lot of RL clubs do to get round the salary cap and offering to employ his wife as a "consultant" on ten grand a week too.

728Transfer rumours ! - Page 37 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu May 21 2015, 21:40

Clever bastards

729Transfer rumours ! - Page 37 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu May 21 2015, 21:45

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Freedman poaches my favourite player I will stab him in the face.

730Transfer rumours ! - Page 37 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu May 21 2015, 21:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

surely Bogdan wants more than 10K a week?

731Transfer rumours ! - Page 37 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu May 21 2015, 21:49

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:surely Bogdan wants more than 10K a week?

That's what I thought until I read Breadmans comment.

732Transfer rumours ! - Page 37 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu May 21 2015, 21:51

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:If Freedman poaches my favourite player I will stab him in the face.

I'll hold him for you mate.

733Transfer rumours ! - Page 37 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu May 21 2015, 21:59

Boggersbelief wrote:
Norpig wrote:surely Bogdan wants more than 10K a week?

That's what I thought until I read Breadmans comment.

They'll also be offering a free house, a top range car each and they'll pay all their bills.

There's a way round everything.

734Transfer rumours ! - Page 37 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu May 21 2015, 22:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The world is full of loopholes. Ask a banker. They need closing.

735Transfer rumours ! - Page 37 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu May 21 2015, 22:03

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So what I'm realising now is that FFP is pointless

736Transfer rumours ! - Page 37 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri May 22 2015, 12:17

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

737Transfer rumours ! - Page 37 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri May 22 2015, 12:26

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great defender, if we can get him Lennon's early work has got off to a great start.

Played well for the Millers last season.

738Transfer rumours ! - Page 37 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri May 22 2015, 13:25

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

FullofSprite wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:Gary Madine eh? He comes with quite the reputation this lad. Maybe we could have Ched Evans and Nile Ranger playing off him? I really hate knob end footballers - especially of the lower leagues variety.

I'd much prefer we signed someone with half a brain.
Do you trust the manager or don't you?

That's what it comes down to. Are you starting a petition which ultimately may get rid of the player and probably Neil Lennon or are you going to accept that we've put Neil Lennon in charge and he feels he can handle the lad.

Madines last incident was 2013. We hope he's learned his lessons. I'm sure that if he does something like that again, he knows that his career is over. 

For now I'm prepared to trust Lennon and give the player a second chance. This player is obviously bought to hold the ball up. To come on for Heskey, who can't do it for 90mins, week in week out.

He isn't the goalscorer that Lennon wants, but, I think we may need to wait for that.

No. I won't be starting a petition. I just don't like my club signing tools like him, regardless of who the manager is or what he thinks he can handle.

739Transfer rumours ! - Page 37 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri May 22 2015, 15:30

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I understand where you're coming from finlay but I feel if the lad's straightened himself out and Neil is confident he'll stay that way it's worth giving him a chance. But I'd also say that we should have a clause in his contract that lets us sack him off for nothing if he steps out of line again.

740Transfer rumours ! - Page 37 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri May 22 2015, 15:36

In fairness I didn't hear many complaints when Alonso was storming it for us a couple of years ago.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 37 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum