Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lee Chung-Yong's open letter to the fans

+9
Bwfc1958
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Keegan
okocha
Hipster_Nebula
karlypants
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

After five-and-a-half years the time has come for me to leave Bolton Wanderers. Whilst I’m looking forward to the challenge ahead, I’m very sad to be leaving this great club behind.

I will take nothing but good memories away from my time at Bolton. I’ve enjoyed every moment and I will remember Bolton and the fans for the rest of my life.

I’ve worked under four managers and each one of them were very kind to me. I felt like they all believed in my ability and for that I’m very grateful.

I have also met some wonderful teammates and will take away some excellent memories, both on and off the training ground. We always worked very hard in training and because of the people training alongside me I was able to really push myself.

I’d also like to thank the great backroom staff at Bolton. They have always been very kind to me and my family. When I first moved over here it was a very big moment for me and my family and they helped us a lot.

I must also thank the chairman. Every player is important to him and he made me feel very special. He has been very kind to me and has helped me a lot.

I’ll never forget 15 August 2009, when I came on to the pitch for my debut – the fans and noise they made was incredible. They didn’t know much about me because I had come from a foreign country, but I felt like they were looking forward to seeing me play. I had a good feeling right away.

I always gave my best for Bolton in every game, because when I was on the pitch and you feel the fans’ passion it really does drive you on.

After that the fans have always supported and believed in me. So, I have to say a big thank you to the fans of Bolton Wanderers. I am now also a Bolton Wanderers fan and will be for the rest of my life. I will always be looking out for every result.

I also looking forward to seeing Bolton back in the Premier League in the near future. I think we have a very good manager in Neil Lennon and the set-up is good. I just want to say to the fans to keep supporting and cheering the team on in every game. I’ll be doing the same wherever I am.

Thank you for the memories Bolton.

Lee Chung-Yong.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a great guy, deserves another crack at the prem just wish it was with a better club. Good luck chungy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:What a great guy, deserves another crack at the prem just wish it was with a better club. Good luck chungy

This.

I'm still gutted that he has gone! Sad

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lovely.  :clap:

Are we all conveniently forgetting the fact that he was shit for a couple of years until his Indian Summer under Lennon?

Decent enough player when he was playing for a move, but far too inconsistent for me to shed a tear at his moving on.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Incredible that such a slight figure could succeed in a physically demanding league simply due to pure skill and a genuinely professional attitude. Though it took him a while, he showed great courage to be able to come back from serious injuries and was arguably at the peak of his powers when he got hurt again this season on international duty before moving to Palace in order to be able to perform at his true level in the premier league. His qualities as a man were recognised by his country who made him their deserving captain.

In an era when the behaviour of other sportsmen is dubious at best, Chungy never joined in with the cheating, diving, haranguing the ref, disputing decisions, committing nasty fouls etc that are commonplace among many of his fellow professionals. Instead he remained quietly committed, dignified, sporting and honest, a great role model. We were lucky to have him at our club.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Screw you, Chungy.

Sad

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Are we all conveniently forgetting the fact that he was shit for a couple of years until his Indian Summer under Lennon?

Decent enough player when he was playing for a move, but far too inconsistent for me to shed a tear at his moving on.

Mistook you for nat for a second

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fair play to the guy, nice touch.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hope it works out well for him, he gave his all for us for 5 and a half years.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Fair play. He didn't have to write the letter, most players don't bother. He shows respect for the club and its fans and has in turn earned my respect. The grass isn't always greener for some, but I hope it works out for him at palace.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Fair play to the guy, nice touch.

Very Happy

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Keegan wrote:Screw you, Chungy.

Sad
What a churlish response; one of the two of you is a gentleman; the other wouldn't know the meaning of the word.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:
Keegan wrote:Screw you, Chungy.

Sad
What a churlish response; one of the two of you is a gentleman; the other wouldn't know the meaning of the word.

Tikka boo son!  :clap:

Even the BN were saying he'd been shit for ages, as the article at the bottom of this thread will attest:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And I don't for one minute believe he wrote this letter himself.

Agent: "Oi, Chungy! Sign this."

CYL: "What is it?"

Agent: "Never mind what it is, just do as you're told and put your cross on it."

CYL: "Ok."

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"@DHoulker_BWFC: Should also add that Chungy's letter was very much his own doing. When I met up with him there were two A4 pages of notes in Korean."

"@DHoulker_BWFC: Spent around three hours with Chungy going through old photos and penning his farewell letter. Top guy who will no doubt be missed."

Tweets from bwfc's media man

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I knew it was him, he loved us fans.

Ah, it was on Twitter.

Must be true, then..... Very Happy

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't see why a club official would lie to the fans..

Boggersbelief wrote:Don't see why a club official would lie to the fans..

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum