Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lee Chung-Yong's open letter to the fans

+9
Bwfc1958
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Keegan
okocha
Hipster_Nebula
karlypants
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He sent me a shirt once with a letter written by himself.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:"@DHoulker_BWFC: Should also add that Chungy's letter was very much his own doing. When I met up with him there were two A4 pages of notes in Korean."

"@DHoulker_BWFC: Spent around three hours with Chungy going through old photos and penning his farewell letter. Top guy who will no doubt be missed."

Tweets from bwfc's media man

Quality. 

Campo penned a letter too. Nice to know players care. Apart from fucking Jay Spearing.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Breadman wrote:Even the BN were saying he'd been shit for ages, as the article at the bottom of this thread will attest:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And I don't for one minute believe he wrote this letter himself.

Agent: "Oi, Chungy! Sign this."

CYL: "What is it?"

Agent: "Never mind what it is, just do as you're told and put your cross on it."

CYL: "Ok."
Don't see why you would choose to be cynical about a genuine guy who has never caused offence and is a perfect, wholly decent role model on and off the pitch. 
As with Aaron Ramsey, it took him a while to recover his confidence which is why he wasn't the same player we had first witnessed in his time with us. 
But he came into his own once he had a manager who showered him with compliments and played him in his most effective role. You could say it was DF who held him back and knocked the self-assurance he was trying to recapture. Under Lennon, he was excellent, a class act in every way.

Your imagined dialogue with his agent is crass and unjustified.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

okocha wrote:
Keegan wrote:Screw you, Chungy.

Sad
What a churlish response; one of the two of you is a gentleman; the other wouldn't know the meaning of the word.

Thank you for your response to my post, Okocha. The crying smiley was meant to indicate my sadness at Chungy's leaving. I didn't want to go the same route as many here by saying how much I have appreciated his time with us and saying that I understand that this move is good for both parties and that in an ideal world, we would be returning to the Premiership together. Since you obviously are unable to tell that my succinct and curt initial post - smiley or no - was not in any way suggesting that Chungy was not highly esteemed and valued by me, I thought I would explain myself in such a way that no further misunderstanding was possible. So - to be clear, I wish him well and regret the circumstances that led to his departure.
Cheers.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

okocha wrote:
Breadman wrote:Even the BN were saying he'd been shit for ages, as the article at the bottom of this thread will attest:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And I don't for one minute believe he wrote this letter himself.

Agent: "Oi, Chungy! Sign this."

CYL: "What is it?"

Agent: "Never mind what it is, just do as you're told and put your cross on it."

CYL: "Ok."
Don't see why you would choose to be cynical about a genuine guy who has never caused offence and is a perfect, wholly decent role model on and off the pitch. 
As with Aaron Ramsey, it took him a while to recover his confidence which is why he wasn't the same player we had first witnessed in his time with us. 
But he came into his own once he had a manager who showered him with compliments and played him in his most effective role. You could say it was DF who held him back and knocked the self-assurance he was trying to recapture. Under Lennon, he was excellent, a class act in every way.

Your imagined dialogue with his agent is crass and unjustified.
Freedman held him back....?

I've worked for plenty of shit managers over the years and I can assure you that their lack of ability never stopped me performing to the best of my ability.

I never needed to be "showered with compliments" to perform because I am a "grown up" and was "being paid" to do my job.

Fuck me......

Is he really that sensitive?

Nice kop out to have when you're on 30 grand a week....

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

To be fair. Chungy was played out of position during Freedmans reign

Oh right.....so he obviously then thought:

"Aaaaaargh! I'm being deployed in a position roughly 15 yards to the right of the one I naturally prefer and that's a long way....and I don't know what to do!"

And then he adds:

"That's me fucked! It means I can no longer do what comes naturally to me and will result in me forgetting how to play football and I shall henceforth be useless......but you can't blame me....it's that Freedman."

Yeah......right.

For two years.

Last edited by Breadman on Sat Feb 07 2015, 00:28; edited 1 time in total

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Wish him well, just a shame when he starts playing his best football in a long time, he goes.

I also wish him all the best and hope he does well at Palace. 

(He won't though - he'll get injured early on and won't figure much for them and will probably wind up at Crewe and ultimately the J League in Japan, via Australia.)

I just don't get how so many Bolton fans are forgetting so quickly how poor he's been for us for a long time and are now seeing him as some sort of jewel in our (tarnished) crown.

Yes he got injured, but he's been on big money for a long time and he's done fuck all until recently.

Right when his contract was nearly up and he wanted a move away......

Last edited by Breadman on Sat Feb 07 2015, 01:07; edited 1 time in total

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Oh right.....so he obviously then thought:

"Aaaaaargh! I'm being deployed in a position roughly 15 yards to the right of the one I naturally prefer and that's a long way....and I don't know what to do!"

And then he adds:

"That's me fucked! It means I can no longer do what comes naturally to me and will result in me forgetting how to play football and I shall henceforth be useless......but you can't blame me....it's that Freedman."

Yeah......right.

For two years.

Playing on the wing is completely different to playing behind the striker (chungys preferred position). He lacks all the qualities such as pace, strength and crossing ability needed to be a successful winger, hence his poor form.

Soon as a proper manager moved him more central, giving him a chance to control the game and pick a pass he flourished.

If you're a pro footballer and you're any good, you will always have an impact on the game every week at some point and the fans will leave the stadium discussing how you gave your all and how they're glad you were on the pitch.

(I've sat on enough buses out of the Reebok over the years to know that's true.)

How often can we say that of CYL in recent years?

Honestly?

It was always more about hope than actual end product with CYL.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great player that turned it on most weeks, even when Freedman was incharge, had a good engine and probably one of the best technical players seen in a white shirt in recent years.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Keegan wrote:
okocha wrote:

Sad
What a churlish response; one of the two of you is a gentleman; the other wouldn't know the meaning of the word.

Thank you for your response to my post, Okocha. The crying smiley was meant to indicate my sadness at Chungy's leaving. I didn't want to go the same route as many here by saying how much I have appreciated his time with us and saying that I understand that this move is good for both parties and that in an ideal world, we would be returning to the Premiership together. Since you obviously are unable to tell that my succinct and curt initial post - smiley or no - was not in any way suggesting that Chungy was not highly esteemed and valued by me, I thought I would explain myself in such a way that no further misunderstanding was possible. So - to be clear, I wish him well and regret the circumstances that led to his departure.
Cheers.
And the "Screw you" part was meant to indicate....what?

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Breadman wrote:If you're a pro footballer and you're any good, you will always have an impact on the game every week at some point and the fans will leave the stadium discussing how you gave your all and how they're glad you were on the pitch.

(I've sat on enough buses out of the Reebok over the years to know that's true.)

How often can we say that of CYL in recent years?

Honestly?

It was always more about hope than actual end product with CYL.
No wonder you cover your face in shame!
 Over the whole of his time with us, CYL has stood out as the most skilful player on the pitch, certainly in a Bolton shirt and no matter what role he was given or how recent his injuries. He brightened many a dire team performance in DF's time, even when he was asked to curb his natural flair and focus on tracking and tackling back, which he did without complaint.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

okocha wrote:
Keegan wrote:
okocha wrote:

Sad

Cheers.

It was meant to indicate that my unhappiness at his departure was such that I didn't want to hear any reasons or goodbyes. Thin line between love and hate, and all that. Surely you are capable of accepting my explanation in good faith without being churlish?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

This is evidence that he is a properly educated genuine guy. He cares about this football club as much as we do. There are not many footballers across the world that actually care about the club they play for. Makes the rest of the pay-cheque thick footballers look even more out of touch with the rest of us. Manners go a long way and Chungy has that in droves!

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Keegan wrote:
okocha wrote:
Keegan wrote:
okocha wrote:

Sad

Cheers.

It was meant to indicate that my unhappiness at his departure was such that I didn't want to hear any reasons or goodbyes. Thin line between love and hate, and all that. Surely you are capable of accepting my explanation in good faith without being churlish?
I understood your first post. Not sure why others didn't. Without the emoticon, it could look like you were being a cunt but with it, it made sense.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I was genuinely shocked that this happened. I really didn't think Palace would risk it when he's been injured for so long and had just been injured again when they could have got him free in the summer. I hope it goes well for him because I think he's a genuine guy and a class player but I can't help feeling we made a mistake in letting him go now. Of course we need the money and I can't argue the logic of taking even a small fee for someone who we'd otherwise lose for nothing but I fear in the long run it will cost us far more than we gained. Without CYL I don't think our chances of promotion next season (there's none this) are going to be anywhere near as good as with him and I would have liked to see the club hang onto him and see if playing under Lennon would convince him to sign a new deal with us.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Spoke to Chungy briefly at Ipswich railway station after we lost there last year and he was genuine and pleasant and this letter doesn't at all seem out of character. Top bloke - wish him all the best.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Probably the most genuine player since Nat Lofthouse.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum