Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Open Letter to Whittam Towers

+9
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
CEF
Banks of the Croal
Culcheth_White
Copper Dragon
Sluffy
karlypants
luckyPeterpiper
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Open Letter to Whittam Towers Empty Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:58 pm

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Dear Miss Whittam

Only one more thing is required to complete my perfect Bolton Nuts week. 

A week wihich began with a magnificent 4-0 win against the dingles. 

A week that saw my first articles published on the weebly part of our site (big respect to karly for all his help with edits and to sluffy for suggesting it, cheers guys  :like: )

A week that saw me finally arrive as a true member of the Nuts brotherhood by receiving my first official death threat from Whittam Towers inestimable owner Ms Natasha Whittam HERSELF  :party:  thus joining the long and distinguished list of Nuts she wishes to crack.  :good: 

A week that saw us beat the "Mighty Whites" as Leeds United call themselves FIVE - one INCLUDING a ZAT KNIGHT goal without the letters (OG) involved and thus renamed them the "Mighty Mice"  :biggrin: 

Ms Whittam, please put the finishing touch to this awesome week and post your Behind Enemy Lines so that we can all see and laugh at what their fans were saying during the spanking we administered on their sorry behinds. Thank you.  Very Happy 

Yours sincerely

luckyPeterpiper

2Open Letter to Whittam Towers Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:13 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:A week that saw my first articles published on the weebly part of our site (big respect to karly for all his help with edits and to sluffy for suggesting it, cheers guys  :like: )
Thanks for the mention LPP  :good:   Embarassed

3Open Letter to Whittam Towers Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:29 pm

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:A week that saw my first articles published on the weebly part of our site (big respect to karly for all his help with edits and to sluffy for suggesting it, cheers guys  :like: )
Thanks for the mention LPP  :good:   Embarassed
Least I could do karly, just trawling through my old matchday programmes from the seventies and eighties, trying to find one against Derby that I can remember.

4Open Letter to Whittam Towers Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:30 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

luckyPeterpiper wrote:A week that saw my first articles published on the weebly part of our site...

In case people don't understand this, it is the 'News' link, shown at the top of every page, that in theory allows us greater access to advertising ourselves more widely on the web.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We've been posting a number of articles recently and if anyone would like to join in and do one or two for us then please let us know.

We're not looking for literary geniuses, just something that is writen from the heart will be fine - we are happy to check the spellings and the grammar and all that - so go on, give it a go - it's actually easier than you think and it's quite a good feeling to see what you have done all posted up for others to read.

Anyway, sorry, back to the thread!

5Open Letter to Whittam Towers Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:32 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Go on Natasha, give us one of your famous "Behind Enemy Lines" pretty please  :biggrin:

6Open Letter to Whittam Towers Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:36 pm

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

sluffy no need to apologise mate, you SHOULD advertise it on every thread you can. Most of my family have already seen it and so have a lot of my friends. One of them bemoaned the fact that there's nothing like it on the forums for Burnley and my brother who's a blue and white dingle said he'd have written one for the Rovers mob but it doesn't exist for them in that format either. 

It seems we have something unique that a lot of fans would like to read and contribute to and if I can I'll sneak a mention or six onto JA606 because for all it's faults there are some really good posters over there that could really contribute much better stuff than mine.

7Open Letter to Whittam Towers Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:04 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

luckyPeterpiper wrote:sluffy no need to apologise mate, you SHOULD advertise it on every thread you can. Most of my family have already seen it and so have a lot of my friends. One of them bemoaned the fact that there's nothing like it on the forums for Burnley and my brother who's a blue and white dingle said he'd have written one for the Rovers mob but it doesn't exist for them in that format either. 

It seems we have something unique that a lot of fans would like to read and contribute to and if I can I'll sneak a mention or six onto JA606 because for all it's faults there are some really good posters over there that could really contribute much better stuff than mine.

Go for it Peter.

Personally I would love to see the JA606 regulars post on here as I can't really understand why they don't seem to bother posting throughout the week and seemingly only post for a couple of hours each match day on 606, then slip back off into anonymity until the next match?

It's not as though they don't know about us - most of them are members here too - and they even advertise Nuts every match thread by posting up a link to our match stream!!!

I understand a certain loyalty to your 'home' forum but there's no law against posting on more than one forum and if your home forum is very slow throughout the week and you've no one to chat to about the match, or the club news in general, then why not join in with a forum that is active and where you already know a number of regulars such as yourself, Norpig, Breadman, OneFinFreedman, etc, etc?

Seems a bit odd to me not to do so - after all we all do support the same club!

The more the merrier and the better it makes it for all of us.

Now is actually a great time for all of us to be celebrating together, so best of luck Peter in trying to bring all us Wanderers fans together to enjoy the moment and beyond.

8Open Letter to Whittam Towers Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:16 pm

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

luckyPeterpiper wrote: One of them bemoaned the fact that there's nothing like it on the forums for Burnley

There's plenty of the same on Cartel Mad Peterpiper.

In fact it's jam packed with fans writing pre match pieces, match day stories, match reports and plenty of other stuff.

9Open Letter to Whittam Towers Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:20 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Copper Dragon wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote: One of them bemoaned the fact that there's nothing like it on the forums for Burnley

In fact it's jam packed with fans writing pre match pieces, match day stories, match reports and plenty of other stuff.

I think he was meaning a proper forum Copper.

:bomb: 

10Open Letter to Whittam Towers Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:22 pm

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Fair point.  Very Happy 

11Open Letter to Whittam Towers Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:25 pm

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I always thought Claret Tony was such a hospitable kind of guy.

12Open Letter to Whittam Towers Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:30 pm

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Culcheth_White wrote:I always thought Claret Tony was such a hospital kind of guy.

Fixed it for you G.  Very Happy 

13Open Letter to Whittam Towers Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:32 pm

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Think I'm one of a very few Bolton fans, not banned from there. Although I don't post on there  nowadays. 

I know for a fact one or two posters on here, are banned tho. Cool

14Open Letter to Whittam Towers Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:45 pm

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Banks of the Croal wrote:Think I'm one of a very few Bolton fans, not banned from there. Although I don't post on there  nowadays. 

I know for a fact one or two posters on here, are banned tho. Cool
Hey Banks, you and your mate coming with us to Huddersfield? It's a proper ale run and the train is cheap too! Head of steam all the way!  Cool

15Open Letter to Whittam Towers Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:55 pm

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'll come even if my mate doesn't.  Cool

16Open Letter to Whittam Towers Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:59 pm

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy - you say that you don't understand why people don't post on both forums. But that works both ways. Maybe lead by example!!

I do the ja606 match threads, and took a conscious decision to post your live stream. Admins weren't overly happy, because of your active recruitment of ja606 users a few months ago.

Personally, I read this forum but only post on ja606.

17Open Letter to Whittam Towers Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:05 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's nothing wrong with JA606, I just don't like the format.

Plus CEF posts there  Smile 

18Open Letter to Whittam Towers Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:12 pm

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Aint that a weird coincidence...

I don't post here because you do.

19Open Letter to Whittam Towers Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:33 pm

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'll be honest and say I prefer the JA606 for both the lack of swearing and the way it's laid out which is almost identical to the old BBC606. I took a while to get used to the various aesthetic and technical differences to that used here. I prefer here because it has a lot more posters especially during the week and there isn't that 5000 character limit for an article to contend with. 

One thing I prefer Nuts for in the layout is the fact the emoticons are right there, you don't need to open a separate tab and then find how to type the text to make them appear. I like the chatbox but it's window for typing in is too small for my eyes to take for a whole match and besides I love CEF's matchday threads. Yesterdays was really fun as Leeds ran one of their own. You could do a swearing free BEL just from that thread alone. 

I guess I'm just old fashioned when it comes to the swearing thing, it's a matter of personal taste and I don't judge those who want to do it; I just feel there are more intelligent and effective ways to express yourself most of the time and swearing is best left to the times when it's justified. Both CEF and me almost got kicked off JA for the Reading thread.  Twisted Evil 

Anyway, both sites have a lot going for them imo and I really don't get Admin1's problem with the fact sluffy asked members there if they wanted to post here as well. He didn't say "Leave JA606 and never come back" so why did he get banned to begin with? Now THAT was nuts.

20Open Letter to Whittam Towers Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:36 pm

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Copper Dragon wrote:

Righto Copper. I'll tell him and thanks. I dunno if he's on that site.  :good:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum