Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Open Letter to Whittam Towers

+9
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
CEF
Banks of the Croal
Culcheth_White
Copper Dragon
Sluffy
karlypants
luckyPeterpiper
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Open Letter to Whittam Towers - Page 2 Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sun Mar 09 2014, 14:01

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

CEF wrote:Sluffy - you say that you don't understand why people don't post on both forums. But that works both ways. Maybe lead by example!!

I do the ja606 match threads, and took a conscious decision to post your live stream. Admins weren't overly happy, because of your active recruitment of ja606 users a few months ago.

Personally, I read this forum but only post on ja606.

I can't post on JA606 - I've was banned some months ago!

For the record I've never actively tried to recruit anybody from 606.

The facts are these.

When Nuts started over two years ago, I approached JA606 to ask if I could post about a new Bolton forum had started and in return we would post a reciprical thread advertising 606 on here.  That was agreed to and to this day the JA606 thread is still live on this site.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Twelve months later around about the start of February 2013 this was posted by JA606 Admin on a Largehat thread -

Admin1:-
largehat,our Bolton board is awfully quiet.  Any ideas?  I'm hoping we didn't make a mistake in letting Bolton nuts, post promotional stuff on here.

LH:-
hi Admin1, we've only lost one regular poster to Bolton Nuts - ie, he posts there, but he doesn't post here anymore, and that's Reebok Rebel (latterly known as Trigger).
but the standard of football discussion is far poorer on Bolton Nuts, and indeed all of the other dedicated Bolton forums.

I post this particular bit of conversation to highlight a number of points.

- That JA606 was already in steep decline long before I received a ban for this alleged 'active' recruitment of 606 posters.

- The site Admin himself talked openly on his forum about Nuts - and there are numerous other public references to Nuts by multiple posters on the site over the last two years.

- That Largehat himself as left 606 to become active on another forum Burnden Aces - which shows that people come and go from various sites all the time.

To be honest I have no idea why I was banned from 606, in the two years plus since Nuts as been going I only posted on there a few times and probably no more than 4 or 5 times in the approximate 100 or so match threads during that period.  The times I did post in them it was in response to questions asked by other posters along the lines of 'Where is everybody?' - to which I would tell them that posters such as Rebok Rebel, OneFin Freedman, Norpig, etc were on the Nuts Chatbox.

I find it deeply ironic that you've advertised Nuts more often and effectively on the 606 match threads by means of posting up Nuts matchday stream, than anything that I have ever done in the last two years - yet I have been given a ban and you are seen as some sort of 606 stalwart!!!

It's a free world and people can post where they want.  I've been banned for something I haven't done and I find it a bit pathetic that sites such as 606 find the need to censor and ban rather than let the content of their site determine where posters chose to view and contribute to.

At the end of the day we are all Wanderers fans, it would be good if people could put away their petty interboard rivalry and come together but if you and others would rather cut your noses off by excluding yourselves from posting anywhere other than a moribund throughout the week, 606 site, then that is your business and one that we all are poorer for because of it.

It is a shame though in my opinion, as we should be celebrating or commiserating together with each other and not refraining from posting simply because it isn't 'your' site that you post on!

22Open Letter to Whittam Towers - Page 2 Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sun Mar 09 2014, 16:38

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I don't look at JA606 anymore.  They edit what you say at their choosing. As others have said they ban people for whatever reasons.
I would think most on that site are with us here by now or on both.
or to put it another way ....Fook 'em.

23Open Letter to Whittam Towers - Page 2 Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sun Mar 09 2014, 16:44

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure JA606 is a good forum but the layout is absolutely horrific, I can't follow in the slightest who's saying what, what was posted last and where.

(yep thats my problem I know) So thats why I don't post there.

24Open Letter to Whittam Towers - Page 2 Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sun Mar 09 2014, 17:29

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Hipster - the layout is identical to BBC606 - guess you weren't on that forum.

Sluffy - both sites have there pros and cons. Nuts has some functionality that I
think ja606 could benefit from. I do think that match day is better on 606 tho. Partly because it is a multi-club forum so you get banter with the opposition during the match. But mainly because the match thread is visible to those that go to the game when they catch up later on. The chatbox is good during the game, but is lost afterwards.

The midweek point is flakey at best. People are making an effort to post during the week, but it is usually light hearted off topic stuff.

I would love both forums to co-exist. There is no anti-Nuts sentiment on 606, but there is plenty of anti-606 stuff on here.

I am probably going to have to remove your radio stream from my match threads now. Very sad state of affairs.

25Open Letter to Whittam Towers - Page 2 Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sun Mar 09 2014, 18:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was on bbc606. Hated that layout too sadly in those days it was the only forum going.

26Open Letter to Whittam Towers - Page 2 Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sun Mar 09 2014, 18:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

No need to remove it on my account - we put it up so that all Bolton fans who can't get to the match can listen in live time to how we are doing.  My point was more that by posting up the link on the 606 match threads you've done far, far more to advertise Nuts than anything I've ever said or done - yet I've been banned and you are seen as a valued poster by that sites Admin - work that one out because I can't!

I'm not aware of any anti-606 sentiment on here?

People have left there because of whatever reasons they have but I don't see them having a pop at 606 because of it.  Indeed you clearly had no idea that I've been banned for several weeks now, I've only mentioned it now because you were suggesting that I should be posting on there as well as here.

I'm not sure why you think my observation as to 606 being dead through the week is 'flakey', a casual glance through the sites history will clearly confirm the factuality of my statement.  There's certainly plenty of people who post on here regularly throughout the week.

As for the chatbox, we did at the begining post in its entirety the comments made during the matches but had to stop doing so after awhile simply because of the volume of posts being made.  I congratulate you on your weekends match thread that totaled just over 200 posts but Chatbox probably had four or five times that amount if not more and nobody is daft enough to want to wade through all that lot after every match.

I'm not trying to get into an 'ours is bigger than yours' type arguement, merely explaining why we no longer put up the chatbox posts.

I agree that if you like the banter with fans from other clubs then 606 is the place to be but even that becomes somewhat meaningless when as per yesterday 606 had two match threads going at the same time - one basically for Leeds fans and the other for Bolton fans - so much for having banter between yourselves?  

I thought the whole idea of a multi-club site was to talk with the fans of the other clubs and not to remain insular!

Maybe it is me missing the concept somewhat - otherwise you may as well just have a club centric site - just like we have at Nuts and if that is the case wouldn't it be better for all of us if we came together for the times that you aren't interacting with fans of other clubs?

I would love you and the other remaing 606's to become regulars on here just in the same way as posters such as lpp, Norpig and Jah, etc are, where they post on both sites, you certainly would be a welcomed addition and enhance the forum for everybody's benefit, yours as well as mine.  The more people active on a site the better the experience is for all of us.

27Open Letter to Whittam Towers - Page 2 Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sun Mar 09 2014, 19:12

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I don't look at JA606 anymore. They edit what you say at their choosing. As others have said they ban people for whatever reasons. I would think most on that site are with us here by now or on both. or to put it another way ....Fook 'em.
------------

A post by one of your posters - hardly pro.

Also, ja606 isn't my site. I have nothing to do with its creation or its administration. I moved across when BBC closed as it was the best replacement at the time.

The only reason that the Admins see me as a 'valued' member is because I run a competition on there that is across about 15 club boards.

I get what you say about the Leeds match threads. That was a bit unfortunate as the Leeds one was put up early so I decided not to tag ours to their board. The same may happen against Derby!!

I am genuinely not trying to be difficult, but I was concerned when you asked luckyPeterpiper to advertise your weebly on ja606. Both forums need him, so I don't want him to get banned from 606.

28Open Letter to Whittam Towers - Page 2 Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sun Mar 09 2014, 19:15

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I fear this thread has been hijacked lPp. Sorry. So come on Whittam. Get your BEL out, pardon the accurate pun!!!

29Open Letter to Whittam Towers - Page 2 Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sun Mar 09 2014, 19:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CEF wrote: Get your BEL out, pardon the accurate pun!!!

User.

You slag me off and then request a BEL.

30Open Letter to Whittam Towers - Page 2 Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sun Mar 09 2014, 19:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
CEF wrote: Get your BEL out, pardon the accurate pun!!!

User.

You slag me off and then request a BEL.
I would love to read your "Behind Enemy Lines" Nat and then we can put some of this shit I'm reading behind us  :biggrin:

31Open Letter to Whittam Towers - Page 2 Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sun Mar 09 2014, 19:24

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I can't slag you off Nat. I'm in love with you.

32Open Letter to Whittam Towers - Page 2 Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sun Mar 09 2014, 19:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

CEF, not wishing to hijack the thread any longer but I would quickly like to reply to a few points from your last post to me,

Comment from Terenceanne - not 606 friendly true, but seeing he's been on this site for nearly two years and this is the first time he's ever mentioned 606 - hardly evidence of any anti-606 bias on this site - surely?

Yes I was aware (or rather was under the impression) that you had no vested interested in 606 other than as a poster.

I wasn't 'asking' lpp to post anything on 606 it was more 'encouraging' him to do something he had a mind to do anyway - namely to see if anyone on 606 wanted to write an article or two for the enjoyment of other Bolton fans.

For the record lpp as posted a number of his articles on both sites recently, these includes his poem (very funny I thought) and his visit to the Reebok for the Blackburn match with his son. It was on the basis of this excellent article that I asked Peter if he would like to write a few articles for this site - hence the Weebly one.

I very much look forward to his next one too!

Anyway enough from me and back to the topic of BEL.

33Open Letter to Whittam Towers - Page 2 Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sun Mar 09 2014, 20:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CEF wrote:I can't slag you off Nat. I'm in love with you.

I can't see you right now as I'm still waiting for my fanny to grow back.

34Open Letter to Whittam Towers - Page 2 Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Sun Mar 09 2014, 22:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So is this the BEL end?

35Open Letter to Whittam Towers - Page 2 Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Mon Mar 10 2014, 09:35

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ja606 is fucking awful and that LargeHat is a bellend. End of

One of ja606 regulars is Norpig, which says a lot. All he does is insult people

36Open Letter to Whittam Towers - Page 2 Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Mon Mar 10 2014, 09:41

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Morning everyone. Can we get back to the topic of BEL please? As fascinating as the debate about JA and nuts has been I think it's run its course now. Natasha, please, PLEASE can we have a Behind Enemy Lines from your good self?

37Open Letter to Whittam Towers - Page 2 Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Tue Mar 11 2014, 10:47

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

lPp - she/he is ignoring you - God you really did piss her/him off with your attempt last week  lol!

38Open Letter to Whittam Towers - Page 2 Empty Re: Open Letter to Whittam Towers Tue Mar 11 2014, 10:59

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Morning everyone. Can we get back to the topic of BEL please? As fascinating as the debate about JA and nuts has been I think it's run its course now. Natasha, please, PLEASE can we have a Behind Enemy Lines from your good self?

LPP, just go for it! Looking forward to your contribution.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum