Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

End Game

+10
luckyPeterpiper
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Reebok_Rebel
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok Trotter
observer
14 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1End Game Empty End Game Wed Mar 04 2015, 00:48

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

8 Weeks to go...

6 road games and 5 home games

How many points will we end up with this season?

My guess is 52 points.

The second question is how many men will we have left standing by season end?
After today, it is hardly a joke.

2End Game Empty Re: End Game Wed Mar 04 2015, 07:29

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can never ever remember us losing 3 players to injuries in all my time as a supporter. That has to be a first..surely?
Any statto's out there know otherwise?

3End Game Empty Re: End Game Wed Mar 04 2015, 07:43

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Against Reading in 1997 I think

4End Game Empty Re: End Game Wed Mar 04 2015, 09:18

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

observer wrote:8 Weeks to go...

6 road games and 5 home games

How many points will we end up with this season?

My guess is 52 points.

The second question is how many men will we have left standing by season end?
After today, it is hardly a joke.
The squad for our last game will consist entirely of academy players and a loanee keeper... 

Bad times ahead this season. Lets just write it off, hope we stay up and push on next season.

5End Game Empty Re: End Game Wed Mar 04 2015, 09:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We have a very tough run in with everyone having something to play for (perhaps except Brum on the last day again) and unless we hit some better form I reckon we'll end up on 50 points i.e. 9 more points from 11 games. Really don't wish to sound pessimistic but....
Rovers away - loss on current form
Millwall home - must win 3 pointer
Ipswich away - we always lose and it's always friggin' miserable but I'll go anyway. Loss.
Wigan away - proper blood and guts derby given their position so we need summat. Draw.
Blackpool home - must win 3 pointer

...then it starts to get tougher...

Cardiff away - loss as they're much improved
Norwich home - they'll kill us. Loss
Charlton home - Maybe a win but I'm thinking draw as they've found some form.
Brentford away - Loss
Bournemouth away - Loss
Brum home - remember last season when they were fighting for survival? Not this year. Draw.

A lot depends on where we are in the league and what Lennon can do about it. With no game until next Wednesday we'll just have to sweat it as to our league position and then take it from there. I have no doubt that Lennon will have targeted Reading for 3 points last night so he should have the lads fired up to give Rovers a run for their money as we're playing catch up.
Last season, 50 points would have achieved 18th place which will have to do but I can't see us getting anywhere close to the 59 points and 14th we got then.

6End Game Empty Re: End Game Wed Mar 04 2015, 10:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sadly the main goal of getting clough game time has been fucked off. Maybe a rest and refocus will do him good but doubt it. 

Time to get vela and some of the other lads like eaves a bit of a run. We're just about safe now probably a couple more wins to be absolutely sure though.

7End Game Empty Re: End Game Wed Mar 04 2015, 10:45

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Eaves is never going to be good enough. I'd give game time to walker, iliev, lester and jamie Thomas.

All of those are capable of stepping up to this level

8End Game Empty Re: End Game Wed Mar 04 2015, 10:56

Boggersbelief wrote:Eaves is never going to be good enough. I'd give game time to walker, iliev, lester and jamie Thomas.

All of those are capable of stepping up to this level

I've no idea if they're good enough to step up but I agree Eaves chance has been and gone now, let's give some others a go.

9End Game Empty Re: End Game Wed Mar 04 2015, 10:57

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I felt pretty confident before the additional injuries last night, particularly Clough. I still think we will be safe but it will be a lot closer than any of us would find comfortable.

I agree with Boggers that we have to give game time to the youngsters and hope they can rise to the occasion like Vela and Clough.

10End Game Empty Re: End Game Wed Mar 04 2015, 11:25

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think Eaves is the answer! When is Craig Davies likely to return. Pairing him with Eidur would offer more of a threat.

11End Game Empty Re: End Game Wed Mar 04 2015, 11:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was surprised that Lennon didn't use Tom Walker last night when Clough went off as he's nippy and similar to Clough but fair enough - Eidur came on and got a goal.
I suppose the first X1 bench is a move in the right direction for Walker.

I still don't get Eaves though and still think we bought him because he scored a hat trick against us and we had more money than sense at the time. He was a gamble and hasn't really done anything since he joined us.

12End Game Empty Re: End Game Wed Mar 04 2015, 11:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we're already safe. I can't see Millwall getting 10 more points, even when they sack Holloway in a few days time.

13End Game Empty Re: End Game Fri Mar 06 2015, 10:23

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Not Tom Eaves. He's had plenty of time to show his capabilities and plenty of games (albeit on loan) to press his case and failed. Personally I think he should be sold if possible and if not he should be released at the end of his contract. It's not personal, he's just not good enough. Vela is one I'd play and I'd look to bring some others into the squad now and let them have from now till the end of the season to show what they can do. 

Although the injury situation is horrible and I don't feel in any way shape or form happy about players being injured there may be a silver lining in this by dint of the fact that some fringe players may now have a real chance to come good. If a couple of them shine and prove they can cope at this level it would make things look much brighter for next season. Fingers crossed anyway.

14End Game Empty Re: End Game Fri Mar 06 2015, 21:19

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Should be safe but mathematically we are not .... so until then ... play on to win.

I wouldn't want a losing streak now....... but due to having to field the tea-lady at left back and Lofty the Lion at CB anything can happen. 

As I write this Fulham are losing 1-4 at home ...so that's good for us as we speak.

15End Game Empty Re: End Game Fri Mar 06 2015, 21:53

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

We might run out of players before the season ends, at this rate.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

16End Game Empty Re: End Game Fri Mar 06 2015, 21:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:We might run out of players before the season ends, at this rate.
Fear not,help is at hand!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

17End Game Empty Re: End Game Sat Mar 07 2015, 11:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

is there a Brucie picture for everything?  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum: