Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wigan 1-1 Bolton

+17
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
Sluffy
observer
Wrighty92
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
wanderlust
karlypants
boltonbonce
Bollotom2014
Reebok_Rebel
Keegan
Banks of the Croal
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Wigan 1-1 Bolton Empty Wigan 1-1 Bolton Thu 19 Mar - 0:25

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm going but at this moment I'm not looking forward to it.

Fair enough the Ale will be flowing, pre Match ... but i/we need more, want at least a point.

Know all about the Statistics, Wigan not Winning at Home since last August and us Losing our last Six away Games.

2Wigan 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Thu 19 Mar - 3:46

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

We're going to twat Wigan and send them down.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

3Wigan 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Thu 19 Mar - 10:10

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't know. hope we beat them because its wigan. 
Remember the run they had the season we went down and they stayed up? 
I sense a heavy defeat. 
All depends on that first goal, if we concede first we will get bummed.

4Wigan 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Thu 19 Mar - 10:35

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Used to go out with a girl, really, and we were in a clinch one dark and wet night when she whispered in my ear "Kiss me where it smells." So I drove her to Wigan.
Good result for us and the vengeful thoughts coursing through my mind hark back to the days when Wigan could seemingly do no wrong. But now, looking down, down, down.

5Wigan 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Thu 19 Mar - 10:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They should stick to rugby and Uncle Joe's mint balls. 
We will send them packing.

6Wigan 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Thu 19 Mar - 11:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Miller in the middle

Nigel Miller will take charge of Wanderers’ trip to Wigan Athletic on Saturday as Neil Lennon’s side play their final match before the March international break.

The County Durham-based referee has officiated four Whites fixtures in the past, with the most recent of those coming earlier this season when Lee Chung-Yong scored late on at Bloomfield Road to earn Bolton a 1-1 away at Blackpool.

Mr Miller has overseen 28 matches so far this campaign, handing out 75 yellow cards and one red card.

Simon Clayton and Ian Dudley will run the line, while Christopher Kavanagh is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

7Wigan 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Fri 20 Mar - 9:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jermaine Pennant scored 2 cracking free kicks for them in their win last week but apart from that it looks like that had little else to offer so hopefully we'll end their winning streak (of 1) and create that big gap between us and the zone. Need to be careful though and Neil needs to get a good performance out of the lads.

8Wigan 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Fri 20 Mar - 15:39

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

9Wigan 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Fri 20 Mar - 15:58

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wigan have signed three world beaters, great chairman Whelans grandson.

One scored two last weekend, we are going to get battered 1_0.

10Wigan 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Fri 20 Mar - 16:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They haven't won at home for over 6 months so you just know we'll lose.

We end every opposition team's bad run.

11Wigan 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Fri 20 Mar - 16:13

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

4000 tickets sold. We are massive

12Wigan 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Fri 20 Mar - 16:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With the effing international break coming after it'll be a crap fortnight if we don't get something from the game. A win should see us safe for another season but anything less - even a draw - would test everyone's nerves.
A loss and we may even start to hear the boo boys again.

13Wigan 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Fri 20 Mar - 16:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:With the effing international break coming after it'll be a crap fortnight if we don't get something from the game. A win should see us safe for another season but anything less - even a draw - would test everyone's nerves.
A loss and we may even start to hear the boo boys again.

You'll hear moaning and groaning but you heard that when we lost to Chelsea in the PL. The boo-boys won't turn on Lennon this season because they know he'll make us a decent team next season.

Unlike your pal Douglas who would already have relegated us.

14Wigan 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Fri 20 Mar - 17:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Wigan v Bolton

SETTING THE SCENE

Bolton Wanderers travel to Wigan Athletic on Saturday looking extend the gap between themselves and their local rivals and end a run of six away games without a win.

However, the Latics’ home form is equally uninspiring with Malky Mackay’s side having lost their last six and without a win at the DW Stadium since August – two unwanted records that leave Wigan in the Championship relegation zone, six points off safety.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Having already twice triumphed over Wigan so far this season, Neil Lennon will be eager for his side three wins from three as they looked to head into the March international break on a high.

TEAM NEWS

Manager Neil Lennon is hopeful that quartet Liam Feeney, Emile Heskey, Saidy Janko and Adam Le Fondre should all be fit to return against Wigan Athletic after missing Wanderers’ midweek trip to Ipswich.

Neil Danns will once again miss out however, as he completes the second match of his two-game suspension after receiving his tenth league booking of the season against Millwall.

Meanwhile, Mark Davies (knee) recently returned to grass training but is some weeks away from a first team return, while Darren Pratley (hamstring) could return before the end of the season although the Whites manager is reluctant to rush him back.

Max Clayton (knee), Zach Clough (shoulder), Kevin McNaughton (leg), Marc Tierney (leg) and David Wheater (hamstring) all remain long-term absentees.

LAST WIGAN XI (v Watford, L2-0)

Al Habsi, Maguire, Boyce, Bong, Perch, Pearce, Pennant (Murphy 55), Kim, Ojo (Kvist 62), Clarke, Fortune (Sinclair 82).

ONE TO WATCH

After a brief stint in India with FC Pune City late last year, Jermaine Pennant joined Wigan Athletic on a free transfer in last month.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wasting no time to settle in at the DW Stadium after being handed a Latics debut against Cardiff City, the former England Under-21s international scored two free-kicks for Wigan in their 2-1 victory over Rotherham United earlier this month.

A Champions League runner-up with Liverpool in 2007 and FA Cup runner-up with Stoke City in 2011, Pennant has also enjoyed stints with Notts County, Arsenal, Watford, Leeds United, Birmingham City, Portsmouth, Real Zaragoza and Wolverhampton Wanderers during his career.

LAST TIME WE WERE HERE (Wigan 3-2 Bolton, 15 December 2013)

Callum McManaman’s deflected effort denied Bolton Wanderers a share of the spoils after a superb second half fight back at Wigan on their last visit to the DW Stadium.

The Whites headed into the break trailing by two goals after Ben Watson and Nick Powell had fired Wigan into a convincing lead. However, a close-range header from Neil Danns and a perfectly executed penalty from Andre Moritz deservedly put Bolton back on level terms.

But having wrestled back the impetus, Bolton were dealt a cruel blow with 22 minutes remaining as McManaman’s deflected effort wrong-footed Andy Lonergan to seal the points and a 3-2 win for the hosts.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

15Wigan 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Fri 20 Mar - 17:38

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fc Pune? Bet pennant enjoy his spell over in India

16Wigan 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Sat 21 Mar - 6:52

Wrighty92

David Ngog
David Ngog

Huge game for us, hopefully one that can practically end our season. If we take a point here and beat Blackpool at home we're safe but I'd absolutely love to go and get a win here today with a big away following.

Team-wise, hoping Tom Walker and Rochinha get another opportunity to shine, this time with ALF up top who would put away chances and get into positions that perhaps Cravies doesn't. COYWM

17Wigan 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Sat 21 Mar - 8:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wrighty92 wrote:Huge game for us, hopefully one that can practically end our season. If we take a point here and beat Blackpool at home we're safe but I'd absolutely love to go and get a win here today with a big away following.

I'm sitting in the home end, I fully expect to start a brawl at some point.

18Wigan 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Sat 21 Mar - 8:33

Wrighty92

David Ngog
David Ngog

Only 1 post but noticed the David N'Gog picture next to my name... that needs to be amended at once!!!

19Wigan 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Sat 21 Mar - 8:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wrighty92 wrote:Only 1 post but noticed the David N'Gog picture next to my name... that needs to be amended at once!!!
Lucky you. I got Mario Jardel. Mad

But welcome to nuts!

20Wigan 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Sat 21 Mar - 9:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wrighty92 wrote:Only 1 post but noticed the David N'Gog picture next to my name... that needs to be amended at once!!!

I think you need to make 100 posts before Ngog disappears!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum