Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wigan 1-1 Bolton

+17
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
Sluffy
observer
Wrighty92
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
wanderlust
karlypants
boltonbonce
Bollotom2014
Reebok_Rebel
Keegan
Banks of the Croal
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Wigan 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Sat Mar 21 2015, 19:31

Sounded like a poor performance, only consolations are Walker getting off the mark for us and ending the run of 6 successive losses on the road. 

The late goals are a joke though, doesn't matter if Wigan deserved to get something we need to learn how to see games out.

42Wigan 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Sat Mar 21 2015, 19:43

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

What was Mackay's punishment for the racist, sexist and homophobic 'friendly banter' he came out with in those emails?

I'm so f-ing angry.

43Wigan 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Sat Mar 21 2015, 19:51

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Just got home from a long and tiring journey because there were no Fucking Trains, from Daisy Hill, today.

Anyway at least we didn't lose.

44Wigan 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Sat Mar 21 2015, 19:53

finlaymcdanger wrote:What was Mackay's punishment for the racist, sexist and homophobic 'friendly banter' he came out with in those emails?

I'm so f-ing angry.

Having to manage Wigan, he'd have got a much better job otherwise!

45Wigan 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Sat Mar 21 2015, 19:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fuck me, that was one of the worst performances I have ever witnessed. Absolutely shocking from start to finish. Make no mistake, Wigan embarrassed us, and but for the woodwork and a world class performance from Amos we would have been looking at a 5 or 6-1 scoreline.

Why is it that 11 professional footballers who command big wages can't even pass a ball 5 yards, control a simple ball, or get within 10 yards of the fucking huge target (the net).

Amos was outstanding. Commanded his area well, made two amazing saves, and should be signed up tonight. The rest were fucking shit.

Amos - 9/10

Mills - 6/10 - probably our best outfield player despite being out of position at right back. Won every header. Shame he's so shit on the ground.

McCarthy - 4/10 - I've seen stronger men in the old folks home round the corner from Whittam Towers. Ponce

Ream - 2/10 - utter fuckwit. When he went down injured in the second half I prayed he would be taken off. Beaten time and time again down our left. Fuck off.

Feeney - 1/10 - You lazy twat. Simply couldn't be arsed. Beaten time and time again down our right, and when attacking didn't have the strength to cross a fucking football. I could control a nuclear bomb better than Feeney controls a football.

Walker - 3/10 - forget his age, he's a so-called professional footballer who can't even do the basics. Absolute shit. Lost count after 200 for the number of times he passed to Wigan players. Lucky goal, probably would have hit the corner flag if it hadn't hit a Wigan player, although it was so weak it probably wouldn't have reached. How old is this ponce because he was fucking knackered after 70 minutes. When I was his age I ran the London marathon wearing a Beaver costume. Fuck off.

Bannan - 0/10 - I'm not convinced he was actually on the pitch. Never saw him. Send the fuckwit back to Palace.

Rochinha - 5/10 - to be fair he looked really threatening when he had the ball at his feet and was running at Wigan, a couple of times he dribbled his way through. But asked to do far too much defending because of the fat donkeys around him and got lost.

Trotter - 0/10 - despite being a big fat bastard he has the physical presence of Ronnie Corbett in a coma. Pushed off the ball more times than I can remember. Failed to control the ball once so can't comment on his passing. Ultra shite. Fuck off.

Le Fondre - 4/10 - worked hard enough but was utter crap. Another one who simply can't control a football and passes to the opposition for fun. Looked about as threatening as Breadman's new car.

Heskey - 4/10 - oh do fuck off. Again, runs his socks off but only has one setting - "jump for the ball and flick it on to nobody". Can't believe he played the whole 90 minutes.

I've defended Lennon all week but I now have my doubts after that showing. Yes, we have major injury problems but this fucking three/five at the back bullshit is fucking tripe. And taking Rochina off rather than putting him further up field was straight out of the Dougie Freedman negative tactics book. Bannan and Trotter were fucking shocking and I don't think we could have played any worse had we played without them.

Sort it out Lennon you cockfaced bellend.

46Wigan 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Sat Mar 21 2015, 20:02

I could've told you all that from my armchair. Very Happy

47Wigan 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Sat Mar 21 2015, 20:03

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Very Happy bet Marc Iles is shitting himself. Clearly his job is under threat.

48Wigan 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Sat Mar 21 2015, 20:09

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

From the minute we scored, I was just guessing how deep into injury time Wigan would score.
I said 93rd, but apparently it was 94th.
To be fair it seemed too good to be true when we went 1-0 up with a fluky goal. We didn't have many great chances and Wigan came close a number of times, which isn't good enough considering how bad Wigan are. It was pretty obvious straight away why Wigan are where they are yet we never looked dangerous.

Today was the first time I've been thoroughly disappointed with Lennon. Each of the three players (LeFondre, Rochinha, Walker) brought off in the second half were playing well. He spoke very highly of Heskey on the radio after the game, even saying he's showing the rest of them how it's done at age 37. He worked hard and didn't have a bad game, but there's a clear lack of quality there I'm afraid, and there's no way he should be lasting matches longer than Adam LeFrondre.

Easily the worst players on the pitch were Feeney and Trotter. I think Feeney gets more ineffective by the match and it's becoming clearer and clearer how we managed to pick him up so cheaply and easily. Obviously Trotter's performance wasn't the shock of the century.

49Wigan 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Sat Mar 21 2015, 20:13

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Fuck me, that was one of the worst performances I have ever witnessed. Absolutely shocking from start to finish. Make no mistake, Wigan embarrassed us, and but for the woodwork and a world class performance from Amos we would have been looking at a 5 or 6-1 scoreline.

Why is it that 11 professional footballers who command big wages can't even pass a ball 5 yards, control a simple ball, or get within 10 yards of the fucking huge target (the net).

Amos was outstanding. Commanded his area well, made two amazing saves, and should be signed up tonight. The rest were fucking shit.

Amos - 9/10

Mills - 6/10 - probably our best outfield player despite being out of position at right back. Won every header. Shame he's so shit on the ground.

McCarthy - 4/10 - I've seen stronger men in the old folks home round the corner from Whittam Towers. Ponce

Ream - 2/10 - utter fuckwit. When he went down injured in the second half I prayed he would be taken off. Beaten time and time again down our left. Fuck off.

Feeney - 1/10 - You lazy twat. Simply couldn't be arsed. Beaten time and time again down our right, and when attacking didn't have the strength to cross a fucking football. I could control a nuclear bomb better than Feeney controls a football.

Walker - 3/10 - forget his age, he's a so-called professional footballer who can't even do the basics. Absolute shit. Lost count after 200 for the number of times he passed to Wigan players. Lucky goal, probably would have hit the corner flag if it hadn't hit a Wigan player, although it was so weak it probably wouldn't have reached. How old is this ponce because he was fucking knackered after 70 minutes. When I was his age I ran the London marathon wearing a Beaver costume. Fuck off.

Bannan - 0/10 - I'm not convinced he was actually on the pitch. Never saw him. Send the fuckwit back to Palace.

Rochinha - 5/10 - to be fair he looked really threatening when he had the ball at his feet and was running at Wigan, a couple of times he dribbled his way through. But asked to do far too much defending because of the fat donkeys around him and got lost.

Trotter - 0/10 - despite being a big fat bastard he has the physical presence of Ronnie Corbett in a coma. Pushed off the ball more times than I can remember. Failed to control the ball once so can't comment on his passing. Ultra shite. Fuck off.

Le Fondre - 4/10 - worked hard enough but was utter crap. Another one who simply can't control a football and passes to the opposition for fun. Looked about as threatening as Breadman's new car.

Heskey - 4/10 - oh do fuck off. Again, runs his socks off but only has one setting - "jump for the ball and flick it on to nobody". Can't believe he played the whole 90 minutes.

I've defended Lennon all week but I now have my doubts after that showing. Yes, we have major injury problems but this fucking three/five at the back bullshit is fucking tripe. And taking Rochina off rather than putting him further up field was straight out of the Dougie Freedman negative tactics book. Bannan and Trotter were fucking shocking and I don't think we could have played any worse had we played without them.

Sort it out Lennon you cockfaced bellend.
The natives are restless! (and with good reason)!!!

50Wigan 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Sat Mar 21 2015, 20:56

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:From the minute we scored, I was just guessing how deep into injury time Wigan would score.
I said 93rd, but apparently it was 94th.
To be fair it seemed too good to be true when we went 1-0 up with a fluky goal. We didn't have many great chances and Wigan came close a number of times, which isn't good enough considering how bad Wigan are. It was pretty obvious straight away why Wigan are where they are yet we never looked dangerous.

Today was the first time I've been thoroughly disappointed with Lennon. Each of the three players (LeFondre, Rochinha, Walker) brought off in the second half were playing well. He spoke very highly of Heskey on the radio after the game, even saying he's showing the rest of them how it's done at age 37. He worked hard and didn't have a bad game, but there's a clear lack of quality there I'm afraid, and there's no way he should be lasting matches longer than Adam LeFrondre.

Easily the worst players on the pitch were Feeney and Trotter. I think Feeney gets more ineffective by the match and it's becoming clearer and clearer how we managed to pick him up so cheaply and easily. Obviously Trotter's performance wasn't the shock of the century.

But Nat said Le Fondre, Walker and Rochina were all complete shit, not sure who to believe now...

51Wigan 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Sat Mar 21 2015, 20:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

But Nat said Le Fondre, Walker and Rochina were all complete shit, not sure who to believe now...

Rochina was pretty good going forward, but had to do too much back-tracking because Trotter and Bannan were so shite.

Everyone else bar the goalkeeper was shit, if Doffcocker thinks otherwise he clearly wasn't there.

52Wigan 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Sun Mar 22 2015, 11:45

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we have to sign Amos, he has been excellent since he came in, as for Trotter get him fucked off as soon as possible, rubbish footballer possibly one of the worst we've had in the last few years.

53Wigan 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Sun Mar 22 2015, 12:32

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Wigan Pathetic deffo deserved something from the game, but I've just seen their goal and no way should it have been allowed, Ream wasn't pushed ?? he was Fucking assaulted.

54Wigan 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Sun Mar 22 2015, 13:15

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bryan458 wrote:Wigan Pathetic deffo deserved something from the game, but I've just seen their goal and no way should it have been allowed, Ream wasn't pushed ?? he was Fucking assaulted.
Just saw the highlight.  The foul on Ream was worthy of a card and the goal should have not counted.  Of course, the bicycle kick was stupendous, but where was our defense... sleeping or on the ground from the fouls?

In fairness, Wigan deserved the point... but the point here is Wigan committed a flagrant foul to get the goal.  Perhaps Lennon should get more intimidating players next season like BSA had???  Just a thought, as I think about Nat's "lightweight" comments.  In retrospect, she is correct.

55Wigan 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Sun Mar 22 2015, 17:34

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:we have to sign Amos, he has been excellent since he came in

I agree he's done a great job up to now, but look at Bogdan and Lonergan. How many times in the last three years has the consensus drifted from Bogdan is decent and Lonergan is shite, to vice versa and back?

Hopefully Amos is as reliable over a season as he has been since he came in.

56Wigan 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Sun Mar 22 2015, 17:37

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:as for Trotter get him fucked off as soon as possible, rubbish footballer possibly one of the worst we've had in the last few years.

Trotter is now as hated as Pratley was when he was crap, except probably more because at least Pratley has always given 100% and looked determined to do a job. Trotter would be very good if he put a bit of effort in and wasn't so god damn casual.

57Wigan 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Mon Mar 23 2015, 10:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As predicted last week, the knives are being sharpened for Lennon despite the fact that the quality of the squad is still obviously a key problem.

No doubt if I continue to make that point I - the very point I made when DF was in the firing line - I will be branded as a Lennon sympathiser rather than someone who feels that at some point the players have to take responsibility for their performances.

I know that's an oversimplification and that part of the manager's role is to bring out good performances, but quality and consistency are not the hallmarks of this squad and until that is addressed any manager will struggle.

Lennon has made it clear that these guys are playing for their contracts and whilst it's obvious quite a few need to go my only concern is who could better could we realistically bring in to replace them?

Lennon has form for being overoptimistic as to who we can afford as evidenced by the number of January deals that fell through.

58Wigan 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Mon Mar 23 2015, 10:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote: Trotter would be very good if he put a bit of effort in

He wouldn't. He can't control a ball and can't pass. I'm hoping his time in the team is simply down to lack of numbers and not the fact Lennon thinks he'll "come good" like Dougie clearly thought.

59Wigan 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Mon Mar 23 2015, 10:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:As predicted last week, the knives are being sharpened for Lennon

You made that up to fit your argument.

I didn't hear one anti-Lennon comment at the game on Saturday. The venom was very much directed at the players.

60Wigan 1-1 Bolton - Page 3 Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Bolton Mon Mar 23 2015, 11:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:As predicted last week, the knives are being sharpened for Lennon

You made that up to fit your argument.

I didn't hear one anti-Lennon comment at the game on Saturday. The venom was very much directed at the players.

I didn't hear one anti-Lennon comment at the game on Saturday either but was referring to various comments on this site since, however clearly I've got the wrong end of the stick.
When you wrote "sort it out Lennon you cock-faced bellend" I clearly didn't understand you were actually lavishing him with praise.

As for the players, only Trotter is consistent - not that it's a good thing in his case.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum