Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wigan 5-2 Bolton

+11
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
observer
MartinBWFC
finlaymcdanger
rammywhite
Cajunboy
luckyPeterpiper
Boggersbelief
karlypants
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Wigan 5-2 Bolton Empty Wigan 5-2 Bolton Sat Mar 16 2019, 09:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whilst Bolton are second from bottom Wigan are just above the relegation zone.

Despite everything going on (or should that be not?) behind the scenes, can we get a crucial win to try and avert relegation?

Can the lads actually get their finger out and do the business?

My prediction Pie Eaters 1-2 Bolton.

Last edited by karlypants on Sat Mar 16 2019, 19:02; edited 3 times in total

2Wigan 5-2 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 5-2 Bolton Sat Mar 16 2019, 09:48

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref Watch: Robert Jones to oversee Wanderers derby day away clash versus Wigan Athletic

Referee Robert Jones will oversee the Whites away derby clash against Wigan Athletic in the Sky Bet Championship.

In this midst of his fifth season as a top flight referee, Jones has officiated 29 games so far this year, in which he has produced 91 yellow cards and a red card.

When looking towards last season, Jones produced 132 yellow cards in 45 games, branding eight red cards in total.

The last time Jones was in charge a Wanderers match was in December 2018, where he oversaw Wanderers 1-0 home defeat against Leeds United in Sky Bet Championship.

In that fixture, Jones booked three players, in the form of Jason Lowe and Josh Vela for the Whites and Barry Douglas for United.

Nigel Lugg and Graham Kane will run the line for the fixture, with David Webb as fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3Wigan 5-2 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 5-2 Bolton Sat Mar 16 2019, 09:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Wigan Athletic v Bolton Wanderers

With a crucial derby day clash ahead for the Wanderers as they take on Wigan Athletic at the DW Stadium, bwfc.co.uk have produced five talking points to take into the game.

1. Squad Update

Speaking to bwfc.co.uk prior to the clash, assistant manager Steve Parkin also gave the following update regarding the condition of his squad.

Parkin said: "Josh Magennis has got a bit of a niggly injury, as does Sammy Ameobi and Pav (Pawel Olkowski).

"We’ve got a few bumps and bruises in the camp and there are two or three that we are going to have to make a decision on later.

"They might have fitness tests, but we’ll see how they are in the morning."

2. Game to Remember Wigan 1-3 Bolton - 7.4.2007 - Nicolas Anelka - Andranik Teymourian x2

We want to take all Wanderers fans back to April 2007, when Sam Allardyce’s men took on Paul Jewell’s Latics in the Premier League at the DW Stadium.

The home side opening the scoring through a Nicky Hunt own goal, before El Hadji Diouf hit a strong ball across the area minute from the half time break for Nicolas Anelka to tap home from close range.

Diouf was the architect again, this time in the second half as he slotted through Andranik Teymourian.

The Iranian international poked the ball underneath John Filan to earn the Whites the lead and score his first ever Premier League goal.

The game was put to bed with 17 minutes to spare in the second half, as Kevin Davies worked his way into the area and produced a cross for Teymourian to powerfully head home and secure all three points for the Trotters.

3. Derby Day Clash

Just over seven miles separates the University of Bolton Stadium and the DW Stadium, with this weekend's clash marking Wanderers' shortest league journey of the season.

It is also the first time in almost four years that the Trotters will be visiting the Latics' home ground, with their last trip being back on March 21, 2015 when Martyn Waghorn's injury time leveller denied Wanderers all three points with Tom Walker's first goal for the club having seemingly secured victory.

Emotions will certainly be high on the day too with family, friends and colleagues alike locking horns with their respective allegiances on display.

And with the spoils being shared in the reverse fixture back in December meanwhile, time will only tell if there will be a winner come full time Saturday.

4. Pay on the Day

Wanderers supporters will be able to buy tickets directly from the away turnstiles, at the DW Stadium, on Saturday afternoon.

Tickets will be sold on a cash only basis. Prices do not increase on the day.

Advanced sales from Bolton Wanderers are still available via the phone lines & in person at Bolton Central until 2pm on Friday 15 March, subject to availability.

After this time, no sales or refunds can be processed.

Ticket Prices:

Adults - £28
Over-65s - £15
Under-18s - £10
Under-11s - £5
Under-5s - £2

5. The Reverse Fixture – 1.12.2018 Bolton Wanderers 1-1 Wigan Athletic (Will Buckley)

Looking towards December 2018, Wanderers welcomed the Latics to the University of Bolton Stadium for a crunching derby day fixture in the Sky Bet Championship.

Seven minutes into the game and Wanderers took the lead through Will Buckley, as the winger latched onto the end of a pinpoint Pawel Olkowski cross, before powering his shot past Christian Walton.

The Whites had the lead until Jack Hobbs had been judged to have brought down Will Grigg in the penalty area, from which the striker stepped up from 12 yards and slotted it home to level proceedings for Wigan.

To see highlights of this game, click on the YouTube link below!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

4Wigan 5-2 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 5-2 Bolton Sat Mar 16 2019, 09:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

5Wigan 5-2 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 5-2 Bolton Sat Mar 16 2019, 10:16

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My sixth sense is kicking in today, feeling a surprise win 1-2.

6Wigan 5-2 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 5-2 Bolton Sat Mar 16 2019, 10:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's the spirit Boggers! cheers

7Wigan 5-2 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 5-2 Bolton Sat Mar 16 2019, 14:01

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

8Wigan 5-2 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 5-2 Bolton Sat Mar 16 2019, 14:08

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What's happened to Vela?

HE hasn't played since Norwich.

9Wigan 5-2 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 5-2 Bolton Sat Mar 16 2019, 14:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live via the Portal!

10Wigan 5-2 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 5-2 Bolton Sat Mar 16 2019, 14:38

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Phil Parkinson is wearing some really cheesy shades, a really bad lumberjack shirt and he's grown a mullet so he can stand in Wigan and say

"I have come here today to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of gum."

My prediction is Wigan 1 - 3 Bolton.

Now where did I put my meds? Razz

11Wigan 5-2 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 5-2 Bolton Sat Mar 16 2019, 14:54

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sorry, but  I fear it's another defeat  for us today.

I hope I'm wrong.

12Wigan 5-2 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 5-2 Bolton Sat Mar 16 2019, 14:58

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Cajunboy wrote:Sorry, but  I fear it's another defeat  for us today.

I hope I'm wrong.
I hate to say you're probably right in reality but I'm bored with reality. Very Happy

So from now on we're gonna make Real Madrid look like Accrington Stanley and defeat all opposition by at least two clear goals in EVERY match including the Champions League victory we shall get in 2022. Laughing 

Or I will wake up, whichever comes first Wink

13Wigan 5-2 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 5-2 Bolton Sat Mar 16 2019, 15:05

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've been inspired by your comments on reality.

I'm expecting at least a draw now.

14Wigan 5-2 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 5-2 Bolton Sat Mar 16 2019, 15:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nice to see you back on Nuts Peter! Smile

15Wigan 5-2 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 5-2 Bolton Sat Mar 16 2019, 15:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This team is as much use as a smoke alarm with a snooze button!

16Wigan 5-2 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 5-2 Bolton Sat Mar 16 2019, 16:31

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Looks like we've blown it again

17Wigan 5-2 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 5-2 Bolton Sat Mar 16 2019, 16:55

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Dead and buried

18Wigan 5-2 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 5-2 Bolton Sat Mar 16 2019, 17:02

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Speechless.

19Wigan 5-2 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 5-2 Bolton Sat Mar 16 2019, 17:04

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Fucking digraceful, apart from O'Neil every man in a black shirt today was utter shite, this is worse than Lennons last season.

20Wigan 5-2 Bolton Empty Re: Wigan 5-2 Bolton Sat Mar 16 2019, 17:06

Got to wonder how much of an affect the collapsed deal had.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum