Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fury v Klitschko at the Macron?

+12
MartinBWFC
gloswhite
Emma Jansen 1
Norpig
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
Bwfc1958
Reebok Trotter
scottjames30
Sluffy
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 14]

221Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? - Page 12 Empty Re: Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? Sun Nov 29 2015, 05:29

Did anyone land a punch in the end? Watched the first 3 rounds before work, not much happened.

222Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? - Page 12 Empty Re: Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? Sun Nov 29 2015, 07:36

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The pikey is the new champ baby, Caravans have just gone up in value.

cheers  Champions Champions Champions Laughing

223Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? - Page 12 Empty Re: Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? Sun Nov 29 2015, 07:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There were more punches thrown at the Scott v Breadman no show.

224Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? - Page 12 Empty Re: Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? Sun Nov 29 2015, 08:16

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You cant beat what you cant hit, boxing is an art, Fury made Klit look stupid, like he said he would do.

Fury will win the remach too.

Gypsy 1-0 Ukraine.

Hahahaha

225Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? - Page 12 Empty Re: Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? Sun Nov 29 2015, 09:31

scottjames30 wrote:Eat your words , i fucking told you what would happen.

And you also said (on this very thread):

Klitschko would get KO'd "early doors".

And you "couldn't see it going past Round 5."

You predicted that "Fury would smash him all round the ring" and "knock him out in Round 6"

Although you did say that if Klitschko lasted past Round 6, it would show what a great champion he was - if I ever need my bets hedging, you're the man I will be calling.

You then changed your mind and said that you were "sticking to" Fury finishing him at some point "in Rounds 6 to 9" (despite not having previously predicted that outcome, so not sure how you could really "stick" to it.)

Then you predicted that Klitschko would "quit on his stool in Round 8".

Before vacillating back to the fight ending in "Round 6, 7 or 8".

And finally you confidently predicted that the fight wouldn't go the distance but if it did, "Klitschko would win on points."

So yeah you kind of "told us what would happen", but you also predicted quite a few things that didn't.

Thank you Nostradamus James.

226Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? - Page 12 Empty Re: Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? Sun Nov 29 2015, 10:57

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Your welcome sadsack.

227Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? - Page 12 Empty Re: Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? Sun Nov 29 2015, 11:01

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was fully expecting Fury to get dropped and end up retiring from embarrassment last night. Have to give him credit for delivering what he said he'd do.

Wlad was a liability.

228Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? - Page 12 Empty Re: Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? Sun Nov 29 2015, 11:02

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think I'm destined to always back the duffer in whichever sport I choose

229Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? - Page 12 Empty Re: Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? Sun Nov 29 2015, 11:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:I think I'm destined to always back the duffer in whichever sport I choose

Duffers tend to follow duffers.

230Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? - Page 12 Empty Re: Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? Sun Nov 29 2015, 11:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good tactics from Fury but it did lead to a fairly boring fight. Still who can blame him from hiding behind a long jab when his reach is 4 inches longer than Klitchko's? It's a world championship fight and I guess it's fair to use any advantage you have especially height and reach.
Still surprised Klitchko didn't do a lot more to get inside though - maybe age has caught up with him a bit but I still thought his tactics were poor and unimaginative and he looked a bit slower than he has in the past.
Despite all that I have to give credit to Fury especially for getting such a convincing points margin in Germany where decisions have been known to favour home fighters in the past.

231Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? - Page 12 Empty Re: Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? Sun Nov 29 2015, 12:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sluffy wrote:DeGale v Bute later on (4.00am) for any hardcore boxing fans to watch.

Way past my bedtime for me!

Hope he wins though, although Bute is a class act.

Very impressive win for DeGale.

Potentially some great match ups to come now not least a Groves rematch perhaps!?

Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? - Page 12 _86937591_degale

232Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? - Page 12 Empty Re: Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? Sun Nov 29 2015, 12:17

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fury had 200k on himself to win last night.

233Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? - Page 12 Empty Re: Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? Mon Nov 30 2015, 09:49

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Go champ, put your money in. RT.

Dare i say i told you so.

Hahahaha.

Credit where it is due. I couldn't genuinely see Fury winning but he did it fair and square. I am happy to pay £40 to a charity of your choice. Just let me know where you wish the money to be donated and I will forward £40 to BoltonNuts admin to make the payment as if it came from BoltonNuts. ( A bit of free advertising if you like.)

Personally, I think Anthony Joshua has the makings of a world class heavyweight and if he were to fight Fury I would happily pay to watch that one.

234Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? - Page 12 Empty Re: Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? Mon Nov 30 2015, 09:56

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm still coming to terms with an overweight gypsy being heavyweight champion of the world.

235Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? - Page 12 Empty Re: Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? Mon Nov 30 2015, 09:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Go champ, put your money in. RT.

Dare i say i told you so.

Hahahaha.

Credit where it is due. I couldn't genuinely see Fury winning but he did it fair and square. I am happy to pay £40 to a charity of your choice. Just let me know where you wish the money to be donated and I will forward £40 to BoltonNuts admin to make the payment as if it came from BoltonNuts. ( A bit of free advertising if you like.)

Personally, I think Anthony Joshua has the makings of a world class heavyweight and if he were to fight Fury I would happily pay to watch that one.
Fury would be daft to even consider fighting AJ at this stage. He's got the top spot so he should be looking to get a few payday fights in whilst he can before the inevitable rematch with Klitchko. Then if he wins that and AJ has proved himself to be a challenger at world level, it could be a match then.
That said, Fury's pride could overrule business sense.

236Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? - Page 12 Empty Re: Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? Mon Nov 30 2015, 10:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just read an article that suggested that after this fight Pay Per View should be on a Pay Per Punch basis. Smile

237Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? - Page 12 Empty Re: Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? Mon Nov 30 2015, 10:29

I couldn't believe the punch stats when I read them.

Klitschko only threw about 60 in the entire fight.

Shameful.

238Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? - Page 12 Empty Re: Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? Mon Nov 30 2015, 10:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:I couldn't believe the punch stats when I read them.

Shameful.

It was pretty much a non-event. Certainly not the sporting spectacle Sky had hoped for. It cost my mate £18 to watch it on Sky. I think at 39, Klitchko should hang up his gloves.

239Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? - Page 12 Empty Re: Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? Mon Nov 30 2015, 10:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Breadman wrote:I couldn't believe the punch stats when I read them.

Shameful.

It was pretty much a non-event. Certainly not the sporting spectacle Sky had hoped for. It cost my mate £18 to watch it on Sky. I think at 39, Klitchko should hang up his gloves.
He may well do that RT but there's always the possibility of another pay day with Fury and at his age there won't be too many more boxing pay days so he will surely be tempted if the opportunity arises?

240Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? - Page 12 Empty Re: Fury v Klitschko at the Macron? Mon Nov 30 2015, 10:40

Steve Bunce was pretty adamant on 5Live immediately after the decision came in that Klitschko wouldn't be interested in a re-match.

(In a sort of ITK way.)

He's said he's already got more than enough money and he wouldn't risk another L on his record because it's all about the legacy.

Whatever he decides, I won't be paying to watch it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum